Knoxville Halls Travels To Chattanooga Red Bank

fairplay2121

I'm definetely pulling for Halls in this one- it will be great to get to spank Halls twice on Joel Helton Field in one year.

Now Cleveland if we get that game next week with you guys over the ridge. We expect some of that talk that I read on your thread. That poor Rhea Co. fan was blindsided. Maybe he's that WR thats sitting out.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVT you know what I'm gonna say.

Well Fairplay I actually got my wish last friday night but it didn't go the way I expected. The first three plays from scrimmage were passes. On the first there was a screw up in the routes and both receivers were in the same area so that was a busted play. The others were overthrown except for the Dayton grab at the start of the second half. He seems like he adjusts well on Lucas's passes when he has a clean break on the ball.

I hear we can exploit their DBs so if i've got that info I'm sure Don Ward has. Red Bank has a tough defensive line and have kept opponents off balance most of the year. Their record seems to indicate this so I think its going to be a tough good old fashioned hard nosed game.

I think what you see is what you get with Halls. I don't expect any changes but you never know.

Haha, ZCAR, well, some people got their wishes the first three plays...I do believe some people were probably screaming at the coaches why don't we run the ball!! I imagine that was the case as it usually is. Sadly, this is the way a lot of Halls fans are. They jump aboard ship when it's sailing, but if a little water gets on board they're quick to point it out. Let the coaches do their thing and everything will be fine. But, as you can see, passing is not the best option for Halls. Love Lucas to death, but it's just not the best option for Halls.

I'm interested in what games krakatoa saw both teams play in. Halls' only really bad game this year in my opinioin was Powell and even then, them red devils didn't give up. Even in the Maryville game the boys didn't quit until the final whistle. Halls is extremely physical as anyone who has played them in recent weeks can understand. You wake up saturday and you're going to be sore. And this is something that has been missing from Halls football. Lineplay that is downright physical. You better have some depth in the D-Line or kids who have incredible endurance because Halls will physically wear on you. I'm not saying that they're incredibly great upfront, they've just got some kids who will put the helmet on you and to go along with that they've got size. They're quick for their size as well and although they're not a fast team, they can hit you with quick hitting plays that are hard to react to. The next thing you know the fullback is in the secondary and you don't know how he got there on defense. It's deceptive and the play happens really quickly. The wing-T is tough to defend, no matter who you are. I hope the red devils prove me right, I'm gonna go with Halls 31-17. Sorry if i've already posted a prediction..I don't really remember doing one.

Haha, ZCAR, well, some people got their wishes the first three plays...I do believe some people were probably screaming at the coaches why don't we run the ball!! I imagine that was the case as it usually is. Sadly, this is the way a lot of Halls fans are. They jump aboard ship when it's sailing, but if a little water gets on board they're quick to point it out. Let the coaches do their thing and everything will be fine. But, as you can see, passing is not the best option for Halls. Love Lucas to death, but it's just not the best option for Halls.

I have to agree, but thats how most fans are. They just want to see their team win. The wing t halls runs is hard to deffend. Reese can curtainly bust a big one on their deffense. A few playaction passes wound't hurt the offense though just to switch things up a bit. I'm sure cox would mind running of some red bank players over a little as well.

Edited by rebelman16

rebelman16,

It is refreshing to know that Blount County's taxpayers dollars are well spent on students using the computer for posting notes on the internet. Do your teachers ever teach anything in the classroom?

Still need work on spelling and capitalization errors.

Good luck to you Friday night - maybe the offense can score enough points for you to get into the game.

Edited by msgov

ZCAR.

What do you think the chances are that the offense opens up more for the playoffs?

Did Lucas have a bad game at South Doyle (1 for 8) or did we just execute well?

They scored 70 points Friday night. That sounds like they pretty much had the pedal to the medal.

I would say that the coaches will do what will give them the best opportunity to win. Based on the limited number of times I have seen your Q.B. throwing a lot would not be a good idea. Halls just needs to find a way to win. Then we will see you next Friday over in my neck of the woods for the Battle of Black Ridge 2

Just a guess but I would say that Halls averages close to 30 points a game. Anyone have the exact number?

Edited by bigcatt2

rebelman16,

It is refreshing to know that Blount County's taxpayers dollars are well spent on students using the computer for posting notes on the internet. Do your teachers ever teach anything in the classroom?

Still need work on spelling and capitalization errors.

Good luck to you Friday night - maybe the offense can score enough points for you to get into the game.

They teach alot, just not in first period web foundations.

So, what do you do that lets you get on the internet and post as well?

Gramatically, I think I will never be able to please you.

Hopefully they will. B)

Edited by rebelman16

They scored 70 points Friday night. That sounds like they pretty much had the pedal to the medal.

I would say that the coaches will do what will give them the best opportunity to win. Based on the limited number of times I have seen your Q.B. throwing a lot would not be a good idea. Halls just needs to find a way to win. Then we will see you next Friday over in my neck of the woods for the Battle of Black Ridge 2

Just a guess but I would say that Halls averages close to 30 points a game. Anyone have the exact number?

You are right on the average Cat. It is 30.9 per game. 70 in a game helps that avg. I don't think know that even half of that was first team offense though. Some special teams, interceptions and 2nd team lates TD's helped.

When I say open it up, I mean go to more misdirection, pass and stretching the field. Halls likes to set up those plays early by running the basics handoffs and sweeps. Sometimes those plays can get you behind early if you have no success.

When I say open it up, I mean go to more misdirection, pass and stretching the field. Halls likes to set up those plays early by running the basics handoffs and sweeps. Sometimes those plays can get you behind early if you have no success.

Your talking about the Maryville & Powell games Fairplay. As bigcat stated they have to find a way to win. How they come out in the first quarter is gonna tell the whole story this week. PVT and Rebelman knows we can not throw on every down its just not our game. But if we can mix it up and be successful then I think game on. We have to play to our strength our running backs and then bring the wideouts into the picture. Kudos to Don Ward he has schemed the gameplan to near perfection this year. Lucas has doubled his td production in the air from last year. Easier schedule? well yes. But you still have to execute and the coaching staff still has to have confidence in their players to complete the task.

This is a physical team and they will hit you. But nobody has outclassed us to the point that we have gotten run out of the park. Although Maples of Maryville torched us on two early pass plays which we couldn't recover from. The defense in my opinion held the Maryville's running game pretty well having both Tallent & Baker in their backfield. I just hate it year in and year out people saying Halls doesn't have any speed. When Rhinehart, Ferguson, Reese & Black take off with the ball and score how come the other guys don't catch em. Does this mean they have some speed on that play and not on others. These guys play both ways and they are catching up with everything on defense. Their conditioning has to be excellent. Boruff and Dayton they don't seem slow either. Does Cox and Vandergriff seem slow running down the quarterbacks. How many times this year has the quarterback rolled to the opposite side of Cox and he run him down for the sack. This is a talented bunch of kids which had one big let down in the Powell game(the recruits had a little to do with it). Averaging 30.9 points a game Fairplay wow thats pretty impressive in my book. Sorry I'm digressing time to get of my soapbox and into the fun stuff again.

:P

Edited by ZCAR

Listen up to all the Seniors for the Red Devils i know pretty much all of you all and played some ftball with u all growing up, don't go out there proud of what u all have done this year, forget all of that u all are now 0 - 0 its playoff time i love all u all senior guys and it has to be said that u all have won alot of ur games this year because of heart and iknow that u all have it and thats what its going to take to get a win this friday go down there and whip some butt play hurt if u have to, to get a win because this could be your alls last game dont go 1 and done this year go down there and win i know u all are hungry so prove it and bring CLo a win back to Ktown, ill be in chat town watching u all so dont disappoint me and play ur hearts out that goes big time for Terd,Black,Lucas, Boruff and Reese , lay someone out and throw Up the L's like we did! Do it one time for the Candyman!

HHS 24

Red Bank 20