Who Will Win The New District 14a?

westtnbball2

1. Gleaason--all players are back and should be healthy when it counts, plus one if not the best coach in the state.

2. Greenfield--lots of talent, just have to win a few to get their confidence up, also have a good young coach.

3. Peabody-- perry and company have a whole lot of tradition and that wins ball games.

4. Lake County--Clay and company will be a force, if they stay healthy.

5. Dresden--people will under estimate them just because they lost all five starters but the younger players are up and coming, also another good young coach.

6. Union City--could finish higher but in this district athleticism doesn't win ball games like fundamentals do.

7. Humboldt--don't know much about them, Bradford could finish here.

8. Bradford-- needs to win a few games early, however they have some good young talent.

9. Halls--don't know alot about them, but South Fulton is down.

10. South Fulton--lost three key starters, Beedles can't carry them.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are some of the best freshman and sophomores in this district? Will any of them be a factor for their teams this year? Any all-district performers or better?

Two of the best sophomores in the district are Perry from Peabody and Auvenshine from Gleason. I believe LC has a young Geanes girl, who should help them tremendously. (Chelsea maybe?)

perry is a very good player...she could turn into a really good one...

this district will be fun to keep up with...

someone had south fulton at 10th ??? i wouldnt think they would be the worst...humboldt and union city are my sleepers to pull some upsets in tournys.. :D

i like gleason 1, trenton 2, dresden 3

i know nothing about greenfield will they be solid this yr? seriously?

The top 5 would be:

1 Gleason

2-5 Trenton, Union City, Greenfield, Lake Co in some combination, they are all close and could beat each other on any given night...

Without a doubt, Gleason is the team to beat.......after watching the scrimmage in "Frazier's gym", they will be hard to beat.....

I thought the gym at Gleason was named after somebody from back in the 50s or 60s.....seems like it was Kayla Hudson's granddad or something like that. Dudley Sanders and something close.

When did they name it Frazier's Gym, or is that the new one, I'm sure one day it will happen, 2 gold balls would deserve it!!!!

Geanes is a SR. I believe but they do have some talented soph. though.

Chelsea Geanes is a senior and is probably the fastest girl in the district..The only trouble with Chelsea in recent years is she won't hardly shoot outside and some times she will have a lane to go and shoot a layup ,only to pass the ball to someone else...Quennie Jordan and Sarah Wallace are the two sophomores and both started last year..Both these girls will help on shooting from the outside..

perry is a very good player...she could turn into a really good one...

this district will be fun to keep up with...

someone had south fulton at 10th ??? i wouldnt think they would be the worst...humboldt and union city are my sleepers to pull some upsets in tournys.. :(

i like gleason 1, trenton 2, dresden 3

i know nothing about greenfield will they be solid this yr? seriously?

South Fulton won't be the worst team in the district, but Dresden definitely won't be 3rd.

THere must not be very many good young players in this district.........no one has replied to that question? Also, who are all the coaches and who is new, young, best, etc...??

Best players:

Hudson-Gleason

Perry- Trenton

Atnip- Greenfield

Auvenshine-Gleason

Price - Gleason

Wiseman - Gleason

Gaines - Lake Co

There are more that I am not that familiar with: Union City has a couple of solid players.

Coaches:

Gleason has the best one: 2 gold balls! (not getting any younger though :thumb: )

Young one: Willie T at Greenfield, and South Fulton has a good young one too, and Union City (Chandler) has a hard worker as well!

New ones: I don't know of any

Where is the district and region tourney: is it in "Frazier's Gym"....they did a good job with the region last year!

Edited by WesCharge

Best players:

Hudson-Gleason

Perry- Trenton

Atnip- Greenfield

Auvenshine-Gleason

Price - Gleason

Wiseman - Gleason

Gaines - Lake Co

There are more that I am not that familiar with: Union City has a couple of solid players.

Coaches:

Gleason has the best one: 2 gold balls! (not getting any younger though ;) )

Young one: Willie T at Greenfield, and South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> has a good young one too, and Union City (Chandler) has a hard worker as well!

New ones: I don't know of any

Where is the district and region tourney: is it in "Frazier's Gym"....they did a good job with the region last year!

Lake Co has everyone back from last year and I believe three of them made all-district..but I could be wrong...I believe Chelsea Geanes made the team and even though she missed all but about the last 3 weeks of the season,I believe Christian Clay made the team also...Clay is the key to Lake Co...She could be really tough inside but she can also shoot the 3-ball..And Sarah Wallace made the all-distrist team as a freshman last year

Edited by mrbigster