Who is the best team in 1a?

u-nv-me

Trousdale County Yellow Jackets(10-0)

1.They are supposed to be and normally are a 3A School.

2.They did well in 3A during their years there.

3.They are #1 and undefeated at 10-0.

4.They gave us a run for our money a couple of years ago in the 3A Semifinals.

5.They used to have a great RB named T.T. Harper.

key word there is used to have, who cares what they had in the past, remember T.C. Payne? He was one hack of a QB and about the size of Daunte Culpepper, T.T. Harper was one fast back, and a great athlete, but he does not play for them anymore. Any why are they supposed to be a 3A school, they have a 1A enrollment.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree smallin. Trousdale County is 4 REAL. I think they dress what 28 or 29 players. Small in numbers but HUGE in Productivity. They would be in the TOP 10 in 3A this year. TOP 3 in 2A. They are very deserving of the Number 1 Spot in 1A. A Smith County fan pulling for Trousdale County. Who would've thought that!!!! :thumb:

They are pulling for TC because TC beat them so bad. The better they make TC look the bigger excuse they can give for losing by so much.

First of all i get so tired of hearing bout TC this TC that, and if all the people that said for one of their reasons that tc is the best is cause their number 1, i do believe you need to learn how to look at the ranks. I DONT BELIEVE "JO BYRNS" says trousdale county so show some respect for jbs the real #1 team GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm surprised more Union City fans haven't jumped into this debate, which has been pretty good.

I have to admit that I was skeptical of the Golden Tornadoes in the preseason considering their 5-15 overall record the previous two years, even going so far as to tell people that I only saw three winnable games on the schedule. I expected the Lake County and McKenzie games to be really tough challenges, but UC beat the Falcons by four TDs and hung half-a-hundred-plus on the Rebels. I thought West Carroll would give them fits b/c of that deceptive offense, but UC shut them out. Sure, UC lost three times, but two of those (Milan and Westview) are among the top 2A teams in the state, and UC was fairly competitive against both, while the other was a 3A team (Obion Central) albeit one that finished 3-7 and a game that UC probably should have won. In fact, in its seven 1A games, UC outscored the opponents, 322-78 with two shutouts (an average of 46-11 per game). UC's 356 total points this year currently ranks, I believe, fifth-most in school history, which dates back to 1903, with the four previous best coming in 1997-2000 when UC posted an overall record of 52-6 and advanced to the 2A title game twice while losing in the semifinals the other two times.

My point is this: Union City, after decades as a tough 2A team with title game appearances in 1997 and 2000, seem to have some sort of intangible that makes them a big BlueCross Bowl possibility.

I think UC gets past the first two rounds, then will have a big test against JCS. UC would go into that game on a 7-game winning streak and rolling in confidence. Beginning in the quarterfinals, all those intangibles are huge.

Am I saying UC will win state? No. I'm just saying that this appears to be a team to watch out for over the next five weeks.

First of all i get so tired of hearing bout TC this TC that, and if all the people that said for one of their reasons that tc is the best is cause their number 1, i do believe you need to learn how to look at the ranks. I DONT BELIEVE "JO BYRNS" says trousdale county so show some respect for jbs the real #1 team GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!

If you are tired of them why get on here and talk about them? Who is jo byrns anyway? This is the first year i have even heard of them and you can not say that about TC. They are number 1 because they have proven it over many many many years.