New Regions 7A & 8A

jvaughan

Who does every body have coming out of these districts (13-16) and regions? They are new so here they are for those who don't know them.

Region 7

District 13

West Carroll

McKenzie

Big Sandy

Huntingdon

Carroll Academy

Bruceton

Clarksburg

District 13

Lake Co.

Halls

Trenton

Bradford

Greenfield

South Fulton

Dresden

Gleason

Humboldt

Union City

Region 8

District 15

Adamsville

Jackson Christian

Madison Magnet

Riverside

Scotts Hill

Trinity Christian

District 16

Fayette Academy

Memphis Manassas

Middle College

Middleton

Memphis Westside

District 13 is a going to be a battle between West Carroll and Huntingdon. I don't see any other team even coming close with the exception of McKenzie but I will still take the other two.

Dis. 13 1.West Carroll 2.Huntingdon 3.McKenzie 4.Bruceton

District 14 will be a year long marathon with 10 teams but there are four teams that could contend for any single A district in the state stuck in one district. The top 4 could change very easy come tournament time but it will be between these 4 unless maybe Halls sneeks in there.

Dis. 14 1.Union City 2.Lake Co. 3.Trenton 4.Humboldt

District 15 is going to be descent with the top 2 but after that who knows. JCS and Adamsville will be that top 2 for sure.

Dis. 15 1.Jackson Christian 2.Adamsville 3.Madison Magnet 4.Toss up

District 16 will be very competitive with the defending champ Middleton, a substate contender from last year in Middle College, and new comers Manassas and Westside.

Dis. 16 1.Middleton 2.Middle College 3 or 4 Manassas or Westside

In Region 7, the tougher district play of Dis. 14 and just better talent will be too much for Dis. 13. I don't see any team from Dis 13. getting past the first round. I am going with Union City and Lake Co. to make to sub-state.

In Region 8, See above and replace 14 with 16 and replace 13 with 15. JCS and Adamsville have a shot because of better coaching but I still see it being between Middleton and Middle College.

So there you go, a little long, but it's been a long summer and I am ready for some basketball

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 13

1- Chris Donald (I mean Huntingdon.)

2- West Carroll

District 14

1- Lake County

2- Union City

3- Peabody

4- Humboldt

Most think UC is going to dominate this district (and region), but I do believe LC has the upper hand. You're right jvaughan, Halls (i.e. Tates) could very well sneak in there & bump Humboldt out of the top 4. With Humboldt losing Shivers, Dotson, & Everett, it's going to be difficult to beat the top 4 though I'm sure Smith will pull through & step it up for them.

District 15

1- JCS

2- Adamsville

District 16

1- Middleton

2- Middle College

I wish I could put MC on top, but Middleton will be #1 until someone knocks them down, which MC is extremely capable of doing! If I'm not mistaken, they're returning Luchessi, Currie, & Todd, & they'll be ready for a postseason run. Either way, it's going to be an exciting season!

District 14

1- Lake County

2- Union City

3- Peabody

4- Humboldt

Most think UC is going to dominate this district (and region), but I do believe LC has the upper hand. You're right jvaughan, Halls (i.e. Tates) could very well sneak in there & bump Humboldt out of the top 4. With Humboldt losing Shivers, Dotson, & Everett, it's going to be difficult to beat the top 4 though I'm sure Smith will pull through & step it up for them.

Peabody and Halls (?) over Humboldt? Noting to lose when you're the underdogs B)

This years Humboldt team is better than last years team that beat Liberty 2 out of 3 times and went to the State Tournament. Shivers overshadowed Smith and Rose last year, and I think people will be suprised by these two. 6'5 Sain will take Josh Dotson's place, and also being a legit 12 deep won't hurt anything either.

Hall of Fame game vs State Champs Middleton @ Humboldt on Nov 15.

Peabody and Halls (?) over Humboldt? Noting to lose when you're the underdogs :D

This years Humboldt team is better than last years team that beat Liberty 2 out of 3 times and went to the State Tournament. Shivers overshadowed Smith and Rose last year, and I think people will be suprised by these two. 6'5 Sain will take Josh Dotson's place, and also being a legit 12 deep won't hurt anything either.

Hall of Fame game vs State Champs Middleton @ Humboldt on Nov 15.

Humboldt lost 3 very good players; Peabody lost 1. True, I don't know as much about Humboldt as I do Peabody, so I could be wrong. This is just my prediction as of now. I do believe Humboldt is a better team than Halls, but Halls pulled some upsets last year, & they are capable of doing it again. Shivers is the main one I remember from last year's team, so like you said, Smith & Rose may have just been overshadowed by him.

i agree with all of this for the most part, but about adamsville finishing after JCS i thought Jcs lost alot last year and all i heard adamsville lost was the Robinson kid i figured they would be better than JCS. And i think TCA will finish third this year in that district.

You may be right. I'm not from the Adamsville area, so I'm not familiar with the players who graduated. Either way, it's going to be an exciting season!

In District 15 i am going to say adamsville, from what i have heard they are going to have a very good team and are always well coached with one of the best coaches in the state. They return some good players in the barkley kid(kid can shoot lights out) the Jackson guy,(kids like 6'6 or something like that), greer(not the tallest guy but can rebound) i think they will win this district and i think madison will challenge for the number 2 spot(if they still have the irvin guy, i dont know if he graduated last year)

In District 15 i am going to say adamsville, from what i have heard they are going to have a very good team and are always well coached with one of the best coaches in the state. They return some good players in the barkley kid(kid can shoot lights out) the Jackson guy,(kids like 6'6 or something like that), greer(not the tallest guy but can rebound) i think they will win this district and i think madison will challenge for the number 2 spot(if they still have the irvin guy, i dont know if he graduated last year)

Did JCS lose that much talent?

District 13

1- Chris Donald (I mean Huntingdon.)

2- West Carroll

District 14

1- Lake County

2- Union City

3- Peabody

4- Humboldt

District 15

1- JCS

2- Adamsville

District 16

1- Middleton

2- Middle College

I wish I could put MC on top, but Middleton will be #1 until someone knocks them down, which MC is extremely capable of doing! If I'm not mistaken, they're returning Luchessi, Currie, & Todd, & they'll be ready for a postseason run. Either way, it's going to be an exciting season!

Middle college is not returning todd but lucchesi and currie are returning with an experienced group of others. Keep your eye on these guys. Definitly a state championship contender.

Edited by lilyo865

Adamsville will finish 1st or 2nd because of the lack of talent in the district. They wont make it far after that. They are way to little. The Jackson kid is 6'6, but he is a bean pole, no weight on him. If barkley can get hot they can win some games, but if hes not shooting well i dont see them winning.

Adamsville will finish 1st or 2nd because of the lack of talent in the district. They wont make it far after that. They are way to little. The Jackson kid is 6'6, but he is a bean pole, no weight on him. If barkley can get hot they can win some games, but if hes not shooting well i dont see them winning.

i know about adamsville... who does JCS have coming back?