Creek Wood vs Lexington

CWHSFan

I said earlier on this thread that the officiating crews for the 2nd round match-up for region 5 and 6 out in west Tn always is a poor group....from where...who knows....

better hope this week's game doesn't have a crew from Clarsksville or Fayetteville.

Word to Lexington....don't take the bait from the David Lipscomb fans who post garbage on your game thread. It is usually the same 1 or 2 people using multiple user id's. They are very arrogant and at the very least "childish"

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

So then, you would chance getting a FG blocked and returned for a TD rather than run the clock out or score. And, even if you made it you would still be in worse shape than when you started because now theget the ball, in your senario, at the 35 with a chance to win the game. DUMB-DUMB-DUMB .Your choice would be the most assinine of all.

Realistically, the correct play would be to kneel on it until 4th down and then see how much time was left. If the refs had been slow, you could be done with the game, if not, make your decision on 4th down, but NEVER chance getting a FG blocked. If the thing gets blocked, you have no one back there to play safety. If you make it so what, they still get the ball back. You make your decision on 4th down and probably, dependant upon time throw one off a some sort of pick route into the endzone, after making sure you told your backs and QB that they must get in position to make a tackle in case of an INT. Passing does 2 things, burns time while you run the play and the ball is in the air, and also gives you a chance to score if so needed per time left. Running the ball does give you the same chance to score but, if you dont make it the clock stops immediatly. Pass plays take longer. Of course, if there were 6 or less seconds left, you could also tell your QB to run around and let the clock tick off, and when it does, down the ball

Or would You???

Somebody just completely has to lose their mind up front for someone to run through and block a FG and last time I checked you don't have to kick it low in order to make a 20-25yd. FG attempt.

In your scenario what if the quarterback does not run the time out and what if he falls down??? The other teams gets the ball still down by three with around 20 seconds to go. I'd rather be down by three from around my own 10 than to be down by 6 from my own 35. You'd have the same amount of time left in either situation so why not make them score a TD instead of a FG to send the game to OT????

Talk about being "DUMB DUMB DUMB" :rolleyes: