Creek Wood vs Lexington

CWHSFan

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know anything about Creek Wood, but I do know that Lexington is good.....DeBerry and Smith are very hard to stop along with Buckley....What kind of offense and defense do Creek Wood run?....Who are their key players?.....

To my prediction.....If Creek Wood shows up and plays d and stops the run they win, but its not that simple....Lexington showed an awesome display of running against Marshall County, and didn't pass one time...I think against Creek Wood they will open it up more with the pass, and I will say Lexington continues winning and beats Creek Wood...35 to 14....

Guest catfish-hunter

Creek Wood is pretty darn good. One thing is for sure and that is that they're better than Marshall Co. They have two backs that rushed for 1,000+ yards this year and they are Ben Steverson and Josh Vaughn. Their line is big and they play PHYSICAL!!!!! Thiel is a quarterback who will manage the game and can beat teams with his arm, just ask Cheatham Co.

No prediction yet but this should be a quick game because running backs will be very good here.

Here's the deal on Lexington. I'm not a fan of any one school in West TN, so I don't think I'm biased.

They are one of the best teams in West TN in a long time. They don't have a weakness on offense. There are three kids in the backfield, Buckley, Smith, and Deberry who can each have 100 yds rushing in a game. All three hit that milestone in the same game this season.

Load up the box to stop the run? That's when they go to the air. Smith and Threadgill both see time at QB, and Threadgill can air it out. 21-24 in one game this season, if my memory is correct. But if they can run, they won't pass - did not even attempt a pass against Liberty earlier this year.

Kicking - one of the best in West TN in Adamopolis. Strong leg, consistent on extra points.

Defense - Great DB's, good speed on defense.

In short, if Creekwood knocks them off, I think it will be because Lexington made a lot of mistakes. If Lexington plays thier game, I think they get by Creekwood, setting up a showdown with Lipscomb in Nasville in the Quarterfinals.

Edited by stlbss

Here's the deal on Lexington. I'm not a fan of any one school in West TN, so I don't think I'm biased.

They are one of the best teams in West TN in a long time. They don't have a weakness on offense. There are three kids in the backfield, Buckley, Smith, and Deberry who can each have 100 yds rushing in a game. All three hit that milestone in the same game this season.

Load up the box to stop the run? That's when they go to the air. Smith and Threadgill both see time at QB, and Threadgill can air it out. 21-24 in one game this season, if my memory is correct. But if they can run, they won't pass - did not even attempt a pass against Liberty earlier this year.

Kicking - one of the best in West TN in Adamopolis. Strong leg, consistent on extra points.

In short, if Creekwood knocks them off, I think it will be because Lexington made a lot of mistakes. If Lexington plays thier game, I think they get by Creekwood, setting up a showdown with Lipscomb in Nasville in the Quarterfinals.

how did they do against southside.

how did they do against southside.

Guest catfish-hunter

How many of Lexington's backs went over 1,000 yards this season???? I think I read last week where someone said that the three backs combined ran for 2,500+ yards this season, which does not include last night's blowout win vs Marshall Co.

As I stated earlier, Creek Wood had two backs run for over 1,000 yards each this season. They are both powerful runners and they do have a line that is very physical up front.

I think Creek Wood wins this week because of their running game and their physical lineplay up front. Lexington is better than I gave them credit for last week but Marshall Co. is not nearly as physical in the trenches as Creek Wood is. The Red Hawks matchup well vs Lexington's power style attack.