Fayette Academy @ Union City

treefitty74

AC$ is absolutely right. No players should be posting on here, ur just given buletin board material. Sorry I have been away all season but I have become very intrigued by this game and by Union City. I am sure they are a great team, but they are talkin about a team that they know nothing about. I would think that FA has become accustomed to being told that they don't belong on the same field with other teams. Oh, and by the way, everybody knows that buschman is just the fan for the better team, he was a usj fan for years and now he's a jcs fan, lol.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and by the way, everybody knows that buschman is just the fan for the better team, he was a usj fan for years and now he's a jcs fan, lol.

Not funny. You really are.

On another note I too would love to hear some input from Lake Co. fans. Since you have played both teams, who in your opinion has the upper hand this Friday?..Could you name some strengths/weaknesses of UC, FA?...That'd be great. Thanks.

Yes, you are jumping on them for saying UC is going to win. FA will be the hardest game UC will play since Milan.

Just a little reminder.....Obion Central was the last team to defeat Union City...I know Milan is Milan,but Obion Central has beaten UC the last 4 times thay have played,amassing nearly 700 yards rushing alone in the last two meetings....And like it or not Obion Central would beat Union City again if they played again this season...Don't come back with that tired old comeback,"Well ya'll aren't in the playoffs now and we are."Single A and 3A are two completely different animals.If Fayette Acd wants to beat Union City then they need to watch film on the OC/UC game...Fayette Acd runs some of the same mid-line option stuff OC has used the last two years to defeat Union City...

As far as the poster talking about players not posting...Please,if you think players don't get on here and post then you are living in a cocoon.....

What has given Union City fans a belief they are good is the Single A teams that they have played.....8-0 against 1A competition..It doesn't really matter that they have played Milan,Westview and Obion Central in the regular season,those games don't count against them as far as playoff games are concerned..Union City is in 1A playoffs and Fayette Acd is a 1A team so from what Union City fans have seen from 1A,they are not too impressed.....

Just a little reminder.....Obion Central was the last team to defeat Union City...I know Milan is Milan,but Obion Central has beaten UC the last 4 times thay have played,amassing nearly 700 yards rushing alone in the last two meetings....And like it or not Obion Central would beat Union City again if they played again this season...Don't come back with that tired old comeback,"Well ya'll aren't in the playoffs now and we are."Single A and 3A are two completely different animals.If Fayette Acd wants to beat Union City then they need to watch film on the OC/UC game...Fayette Acd runs some of the same mid-line option stuff OC has used the last two years to defeat Union City...

As far as the poster talking about players not posting...Please,if you think players don't get on here and post then you are living in a cocoon.....

What has given Union City fans a belief they are good is the Single A teams that they have played.....8-0 against 1A competition..It doesn't really matter that they have played Milan,Westview and Obion Central in the regular season,those games don't count against them as far as playoff games are concerned..Union City is in 1A playoffs and Fayette Acd is a 1A team so from what Union City fans have seen from 1A,they are not too impressed.....

very good point

So basiclly what you Union City fans are saying is that your team is going to win the state championship in 1A and then turn around and play for 5A on Saturday afternoon................... oh wait that's not going to happen. YOU HAVE stunk IT UP IN 2A FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS. Yes you are 8-0 against 1A teams but who are those 1A teams? I'm pretty sure they are not USJ's of old or the DCA's or Mt.Pleasent or Ezell Harding are they? NO they are not. JCS beat a Div. 2 team this year and a 3A school. When was the last time Union City beat a 3A school? Better go to the city archives. Trust me Fayette Acadamey knows how to play ball and they do have a team capable of beating Union City. If you didn't see how they WHIPPED Lake County then shut up. Besides there is only one team that moved down this year that had a respectable record last year and that team was Trousdale County and Union City can't hold a candle to them.

Edited by jesse james

So basiclly what you Union City fans are saying is that your team is going to win the state championship in 1A and then turn around and play for 5A on Saturday afternoon................... oh wait that's not going to happen. YOU HAVE stunk IT UP IN 2A FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS. Yes you are 8-0 against 1A teams but who are those 1A teams? I'm pretty sure they are not USJ's of old or the DCA's or Mt.Pleasent or Ezell Harding are they? NO they are not. JCS beat a Div. 2 team this year and a 3A school. When was the last time Union City beat a 3A school? Better go to the city archives. Trust me Fayette Acadamey knows how to play ball and they do have a team capable of beating Union City. If you didn't see how they WHIPPED Lake County then shut up. Besides there is only one team that moved down this year that had a respectable record last year and that team was Trousdale County and Union City can't hold a candle to them.

Yeah, that first part of your post makes no sense..Union City was in the AA playoffs the last year Randy Barnes was the head coach...Jim Fishel has been head coach now three years...Union City has played for AA state championships in 1997 and 2000 entering both games 14-0 and ranked #1 in the state..Oh by the way they didn't go to those games and get totally blown away like the Bruins did..They lost a 3 point game to Chattanooga Tyner on a TD pass in the waning minutes of the game and lost to Alcoa by seven points with the ball on the Alcoa 1 yard line when they ran out of downs..When was the last time Fayette Acd or JCS played for a state championship???I think you will have to dig a little harder than I would.They even played in 3A before the reclassification to 5 classes.....I saw accounts of Fayette Acd's whipping of a Lake County team that laid down for the Vikings...The basic point is Union City has been playing those strong teams for years...Much stronger than either the Vikings or JCS has been playing the last few years...Fayette Acd's biggest competition has been JCS and USJ the last numbers of years....(And we all know how that has gone)..As far as Trousdale County is concerned I would imagine they would be the favorites..They sure broke alot of USJ Bruin fans hearts a few years ago...Didn't they??... :thumb:

Edited by backinthaoc

Umm, Trousdale beat USJ by one TD in 1993 when USJ had Trey Teague and Urban Garrett. Yes, TC blew out USJ in 1998. In 2000, USJ lost to CPA by two TD's. That CPA team had, I belive, five players go DI (Florida, Auburn, Furman) and would have also won the 2A and possibly 3A title that year. So, you're saying UC is better because they "didn't get blown out?" That is elementary logic at best. A win is a win; a loss is a loss - no matter the margin. I don't believe there are any gold balls in Union City's trophy case so. . .pot, kettle, black.

You UC people seem to be awfully confident considering you have lost every single game against quality opponents this year. Acutally, Obion Co. isn't even a quality opponent, and you lost to them!

By the way, I believe FA has a sizable margin of wins in their history vs. JCS. They also own wins over Hardin Co., Chester Co., FRA, Dresden, Bolivar, as well as several DII schools. FA has a strong program that has been overshadowed for years and ignored by the Memphis and Jackson media because of their location. UC fans could learn a little something about class and respect for their opponents, and I hope FA teaches that to them in a big way Friday night.

Im disappointed in all of u that want listen to me about FA get crap whipped out of their buts.

LIKE I SAID B4 SHUT THE HECK UP AND JUST COME WATCH THE WHIPPING THAT FA GETS FRIDAY NIGHT BY A HUNGRY FOR GOLD UNION CITY TORNADO PROGRAM.

UC IN A BIG BLOW OUT BY THE WAY

FA SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO STEP ON THE FIELD AGAINST UNION CITY FOR FA'S ON HEALTH. LOL

LEAVE IT ALONE STOP POSTING PLEASE AND THANK U

Umm, Trousdale beat USJ by one TD in 1993 when USJ had Trey Teague and Urban Garrett. Yes, TC blew out USJ in 1998. In 2000, USJ lost to CPA by two TD's. That CPA team had, I belive, five players go DI (Florida, Auburn, Furman) and would have also won the 2A and possibly 3A title that year. So, you're saying UC is better because they "didn't get blown out?" That is elementary logic at best. A win is a win; a loss is a loss - no matter the margin. I don't believe there are any gold balls in Union City's trophy case so. . .pot, kettle, black.

You UC people seem to be awfully confident considering you have lost every single game against quality opponents this year. Acutally, Obion Co. isn't even a quality opponent, and you lost to them!

By the way, I believe FA has a sizable margin of wins in their history vs. JCS. They also own wins over Hardin Co., Chester Co., FRA, Dresden, Bolivar, as well as several DII schools. FA has a strong program that has been overshadowed for years and ignored by the Memphis and Jackson media because of their location. UC fans could learn a little something about class and respect for their opponents, and I hope FA teaches that to them in a big way Friday night.

That list of teams you mentioned...Hardin County,Chester County,FRA,Dresden,Bolivar.....All football powerhouses huh???...Please don't come to me with that weak list of nobodies....Try these teams....MUS...Milan...Huntingdon..Westview..Jax Central Merry..White House...Portland...Chattanooga Tyner...Alcoa..David Lipscomb....Need I go on...

UNION CITY'S FOOTBALL TEAM RESPECTS FAYETTE ACD....I DON'T HAVE TOO....Union City's program is very well respected across the state...You can go to East Tennessee and mention the name Union City and people will have heard of them..Same in the Nashville area....I don't imagine you can say that for Fayette Acd.....Don't wimp out and blame Fayette Acd's lack of respect or notoriety on the media..Union City is nestled up in the NorthWest corner of the state..Where do they get media coverage???..They are not even covered by either the Jax Sun or Commercial Appeal.....

Bolivar..0-10 Bolivar....That Bolivar?!?!?...

:lol: