Memphis East @ Jackson Central-Merry

VolunteerGeneral

From what I have seen and heard, JCM is very capable of beating East. But IMO it will be a close and high scoring affair. Borner is the key to this game. If he is able to do what he has done all year, JCM has a great chance. If JCM is heavy on the penalties again, East has a good chance.

VG - how did JCM do last week in the penalty area?

8 penalties

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to you, JCM. Keep our region going. We'll give it our best shot, too. We're going to play. We know the level of talent we are up against, but Henry Co. won't give up.

I would like to echo what RedPride has stated. Good Luck Cougers! We would love to see you again at the Rock!!! But of course, we have our hands more than full with Melrose at Orange Mound.

WestTnWings,

JCM might beat Memphis East, but I'm not so sure that JCM is that much better than East. On paper, they appear to be about equal.

For starters, JCM & East both seem to struggle to beat Hardin County.

JCM has given up a ton of points this year, including 30 in one game and 26 in another. IMO, that's a sign of a shaky, inconsistent defense. On the other hand, East has a ton of speed and several playmakers, on the offensive side of the ball. Any of 'em are capapable of taking it "the distance," before you can bat an eye! When you combine these elements...it would appear that East has a good chance to pop some big-time plays, put lots of points on the board and, maybe--just maybe, pull off a "shootout" type victory.

I referred to a "shootout" because East's defense is not as good as their 5 shutouts would typically lead one to believe (BTW, I stated this fact on another thread, BEFORE Hardin County exposed East's inconsistent defense). East gave up 38 pts in one game and 22 in another! Based on JCM's offensive production this year, I expect that they'll get their fair share of points vs. East.

At the end of the day, the JCM/East game will likely boil down to turnovers. The team that makes the fewest will win the game. Simple.

Final score prediction: 28-26

The big difference though, is that East struggled to beat Hardin County, and HC didnt have Adam Milligan. Milligan is like top 10 in the state all-time in all purpose yards....you just cant replace that much offense. And for East to have to win in the last minute, prolly says more about the level of Memphis City football than of them overlooking Hardin County. JCM wins this game....and handily!

I`m really glad to hear that a lot of folks have confidence in JCM (or lack of confidence in East) but I still think JCM will have their hands full against East. The last 3 weeks of the season Raleigh Egypt played...

Melrose....lost 26-7

JCM..........lost 26-0

East..........lost 70-0

I know that is only comparative scores, but it also tells me that the JCM defense better bring their A game.

I liek the confidence everyone has as well...I hope the players aren't this way though because if they are, and look past Memphis East, they can wind up gettin beat jus about as bad as Memphis East beat Raleigh Egypt. I really think JCM is going to have to play a full 4 quarter game and play the best football they have played all year to pull this one out. But I think they can do it. GO COUGARS!

I liek the confidence everyone has as well...I hope the players aren't this way though because if they are, and look past Memphis East, they can wind up gettin beat jus about as bad as Memphis East beat Raleigh Egypt. I really think JCM is going to have to play a full 4 quarter game and play the best football they have played all year to pull this one out. But I think they can do it. GO COUGARS!

This is a very interesting matchup. On paper it appears to be one of the best of the second round. Coming into the playoffs, East had not played a very difficult overall schedule. This will be a good test, especially on the road. JCM's hard fought loss to Germantown on the road tells me a lot.

OMW

JCMJ- I guarantee that the Cougar players or coaches aren't overlooking East. They know what they're up against and will be ready to come out playing on Friday night. I have a feeling that this game will be very similar to the Hardin Co. game... (4)quarters of hard played ball! Hopefully, JCM will be on top at the end of the 4th! COUGARS ROCK!

JCMJ- I guarantee that the Cougar players or coaches aren't overlooking East. They know what they're up against and will be ready to come out playing on Friday night. I have a feeling that this game will be very similar to the Hardin Co. game... (4)quarters of hard played ball! Hopefully, JCM will be on top at the end of the 4th! COUGARS ROCK!

It will be similar to the JCM/Hardin County game, except that JCM should score one more touchdown. I think that East doesn't have the defense that HC had. Hardin County didn't have Milligan and that speaks volumes to me, they played East very tough and almost beat them!