Who will take D-II A State?

dabears15

Who do you think will be the state champions in division II - A?

St. George's Academy heads to Davidson Academy when in week two got beat 47-27.

SBEC heads tp Bishop Byrne and try to pull out an upset and they way SBEC's offense has been playing, it is a good possibility. They also need to limit there turnovers. When SBEC and BB played earlier in teh season, they had 8 fumbles and still lost 0-19. Without turnovers, they can beat Bishop Byrne.

My final prediction for the state game is SBEC vs. Davidson Academy

Davidson Academy takes state in it's first yar in division II - A football. Go Bears!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you think will be the state champions in division II - A?

St. George's Academy heads to Davidson Academy when in week two got beat 47-27.

SBEC heads tp Bishop Byrne and try to pull out an upset and they way SBEC's offense has been playing, it is a good possibility. They also need to limit there turnovers. When SBEC and BB played earlier in teh season, they had 8 fumbles and still lost 0-19. Without turnovers, they can beat Bishop Byrne.

My final prediction for the state game is SBEC vs. Davidson Academy

Davidson Academy takes state in it's first yar in division II - A football. Go Bears!

I THINK DA NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT ST GEORGE INSTEAD OF SBEC BEATING BB. THEY DID SCORE MORE POINTS ON YOUR D THAN ANY OTHER REGION TEAM. IF DA DOESN'T TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WIN'S THE OTHER GAME.

I THINK DA NEEDS TO WORRY ABOUT ST GEORGE INSTEAD OF SBEC BEATING BB. THEY DID SCORE MORE POINTS ON YOUR D THAN ANY OTHER REGION TEAM. IF DA DOESN'T TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WIN'S THE OTHER GAME.

DA practiced all this past week for St. George's Academy. I didn't ask for who DA needs to worry about, I asked for who you think will win state.

Davidson should win I think. The Bears are actually playing out of their league. If in Div 11 they should be playing with AA teams to have competition. They are about the same size as most DIV 11 AA teams. Most of the Div 11 teams are here in Memphis and the A teams are very small schools. They certainly don't have chartered buses of their own and the number of players are about 1/2 that of Davidson. But Davidson does have a good team and has got a great speedster and runner in number 25. They also have size on the line. If Bishop Byrne had their usual speed and talent they would be the only A school that could truly give them a run for their money. St Georges is young and small but they have the money to compete with Davidson in terms of coaches, equipment, training, etc. They will also most likely move up to Div 11 AA within next couple of years. If I recall your coach made the same statement as to why you guys were moving down to Div 11 A. You did not have the money to compete with some of the Div 1A schools (I guess private ones) in your area that you would have to play against. Guess it is the same in all divisions - sometimes it just ain't fair. St Georges will be gunning for you though - so do watch out for them. They do have a good team and have had NFL trainers work with them. So be prepared for a good game. GOod Luck tp ya.

SBEC can certainly take Bishop Byrne if they play their best game and don't have turnovers. Byrne is just not that good this year. They are lacking from previous years by far. They can be beaten. Byrne has more size but if SBEC coach pulls out some good plays - it can be theirs for the taking.

As stated above I think Davidson will win over St Georges though St Georges will do better than the first time I think. But Davidson has 4 times the players almost and they have size that St Georges does not. St Georges has only got a couple of seniors on the whole team. Mostly sophmores so they have done well for what theyve got.

Oh forgive us, Almighty Football God. We little schools forget that you BIG guys play the game so differently. And that you have so many more than 132 in your whole high school to choose from (both girls and guys) so it kind of limits the number a little school has on its team. We have 21 guys playing right now - total from 9th thru 12th. Started out with more but had some injured, some quit and some off team due to grades. If you had such small numbers you would understand that you don't have depth, you don't have 11 talented guys, etc. But we still practice and play just as hard as you. The only difference in your team and mine is that you got to choose 11 talented people and that you have backups for the 11 guys, maybe 2 deep. Other than that we are the same. But it makes your team a steady winner and we loose some and can't play against teams like yours for 4 quarters or even 1 if you got real talent in every position.

But when you make remarks that show your immaturity, it reminds me that even still I am glad I play for the small school that I do. We are men. You, my friend, are not.