McMInn Central Freshman Girls

coachfire37329

Well said MCHS. Morgan will play the top five and if he feels the top five are not giving their best, he will pull them immediatley to give them time to think about it and play one with lesser talent that is giving their all. That happened several times last year and no doubt will happen again. You remember those games!

You state the freshman are pushing the starters, the starters better help keep pushing the freshman also because the transition to varsity ball is difficult and not easily attained. Most of the freshmen are still seeing that just as the starters saw it when they first began wearing the blue and white.

I am proud of the way all the girls are hustling and working together on the court. On the floor there is not a freshmen group or returning starters any more, they are the team that want to win games and go more places. The competitive practices are good. Tension may be a word more applicable to some parents, but that too shall pass as the games begin. And as far as "need" for the freshmen, I think you will see a need for four just about every game playing some role, whether starter as Kiley or much needed rest as Morgan has already stated this team is much faster than last year's and the tempo will pick up accordingly. You play and press hard, then catch a breather while someone else is doing the same. 8 girls will be able to go full speed on the court and Central will march on. A couple more improving can help go 10 deep. I too thought W.Valley scrimmages looked better except first game against Chattanooga Christian, not sure where any of the girls were against them. Jamboree was good for filling in blanks with Brainerd. Now let's watch Tyner and Tellico Thursday night and see a better picture for District competition.

Next week the real dance begins!!! ;):lol:;)

Edited by maroonandwhite

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalea Latham never attended Athens Junior High School. I'm not exactly sure where she attended middle school. Wherever it was, she went straight to McMinn County High School.

Kalea Latham attended McMinn High her senior year only and helped lead them to their first state appearance in many years after she transferred from Sweetwater High School where she had been the major player for her first three high school years.

I am real excited about the freshman team this year at Central. the starting five are as follows for the freshman team at Central

1 kylie Lambert

2 Chelsea Simbeck

3 J Davis

4 Gabby Jordon

5 Elizabeth Elder.

This group of girls will be very fun to watch for the next 4 years. I really think that they will win the freshman tourn this year in their Div. Remember all these girls and watch them closely. Baring injuries I think some of these girls will go to some great colleges.

Just wondering........are these girls pretty good at rappin ??

They are more of a rock-a billy group. They like to keep a 63-48 rythem. :thumb:

You keep that rhythm but you may have to change the timing as WV was only playing with 4 of its 5 starters. One of WV's better guards was playing post as WV's tallest post was missing.

Take one of your best 3 of the court and you will be in WV situation. Hopefully both teams will be at full strength next time. I believe that MCHS, WV, and Bradley may have some of the best freshmen teams in E. TN. regardless of classification.

In any event MCHS is up on WV 1-0 as like they say you have to play what you bring, and ain't Lookin for an excuse just hope both teams are at full strength next time, look forward to next game.

You keep that rhythm but you may have to change the timing as WV was only playing with 4 of its 5 starters. One of WV's better guards was playing post as WV's tallest post was missing.

Take one of your best 3 of the court and you will be in WV situation. Hopefully both teams will be at full strength next time. I believe that MCHS, WV, and Bradley may have some of the best freshmen teams in E. TN. regardless of classification.

In any event MCHS is up on WV 1-0 as like they say you have to play what you bring, and ain't Lookin for an excuse just hope both teams are at full strength next time, look forward to next game.

I know that it sounds like sour grapes if you say it, so I will. The officials were terrible. The girls didn't know how agressive to play, what call would be made. A technical for subbing, and one for elbowing? McMinn Central got the better end of the deal on the calls, and I'm really imbarrassed about the floor. I'm proud of the girls, and I like to "poke at the tiger", when I can, but I'm not sure that I would count that game as a win. I hope that the next meeting will be under better situations, and since it's at Walker Valley, I'm sure it will be. Some of the fans at MCHS don't like playing there, but a good gym, a good coach, a good system, all makes for a good rivalry. I wish we still played varsity. But enough said. We'll see you again at the next game.

I am real excited about the freshman team this year at Central. the starting five are as follows for the freshman team at Central

1 kylie Lambert

2 Chelsea Simbeck

3 J Davis

4 Gabby Jordon

5 Elizabeth Elder.

This group of girls will be very fun to watch for the next 4 years. I really think that they will win the freshman tourn this year in their Div. Remember all these girls and watch them closely. Baring injuries I think some of these girls will go to some great colleges.

They might be fun to watch but yet the still can't hang with mcminn's girls... Where just to strong and more experienced then centrals freshman team and thier starting five for varsity. I enjoy watching us win against central just because alot of the girls drive all the way over thier when the live right across from mcminn.

Kalea Latham never attended Athens Junior High School. I'm not exactly sure where she attended middle school. Wherever it was, she went straight to McMinn County High School.

School choice is important in education. It should not matter where you are "zoned" (there is no such thing in high school education). If you like what a school in your county is doing, it should be the parents' right to send their child to that school. It does not matter what embittered high school athletics fans or coaches think. What should be done is what is best for the child. If you have a strong program (academic or athletic), you will attract the students. It should be about parents' choice.

I believe that it is stupid to drive way off to take your child to school. It's pointless to send them away because you don't like something that is going on at a certain school. Specially when you get slaughtered by the school that you didn't want your child to play for.

For many years students in McMinn County have had a choice of schools to attend.

Most of those years students out of zone were eastern county students traveling to attend McMinn for wider course selection or sports teams. There are still a few students today from that side coming to McMinn. Everyone thought it was fine.

Recently Central has started gaining students from Riceville, a few from Calhoun that do not go to Walker Valley, and a larger number from Athens Junior High. Many of these decisions have nothing to do with sports which may shock this type of forum. A lot do it educationally because they want their children to attend a smaller school environment vs. large school environment (800 vs. 1400), or they feel some of the course offerings that their child want are stronger at one school over the other.

They might be fun to watch but yet the still can't hang with mcminn's girls... Where just to strong and more experienced then centrals freshman team and thier starting five for varsity. I enjoy watching us win against central just because alot of the girls drive all the way over thier when the live right across from mcminn.

Enjoy the win!! They'll be few and far between this year. Just to let you know, had the freshmen played more at the beginning of the game they would have ran you off the floor. The fact that the first 5 had your varsity pulling on their shorts struggling for air is sad enough. The freshmen's pace would have embarrassed you. Get over the whole deal about someone choosing to go to a different school, I wouldn't want to go to a school where everyday I have to worry about getting gunned down in the halls. :thumb: However, if McMinn had a coach that actually got to the state tourney once a lifetime, players would brave the gunfire to play there.