Pigeon Forge Offseason

speedy41

Another point i would like to make is that there will always be athletes coming out of the pigeon forge feeder systems. When sevier county and gp were dominant in the 90's most of their big play guys were from pigeon forge. The other high schools with proven programs snatch the athletes from pigeon forge away. Sevier counties best player went to pigeon forge from k through the 8th grade but when the time came for him to go to high school he chose a proven sevier county program instead of the upstart pigeon forge program. If pigeon forge would have had a high school in the 80's and 90's than i believe we could have maybe won a gold football by now. If you would have combined gp's studs from pf and sevier counties studs from pigeon forge than we would have a proven program by now. Until we turn it around and start appealing to athletes from the other county schools we will just be good up front and average at skill positions. I know this is somewhat irrelevant to the topic but i thought i would just throw it out there.

Edited by volunteerpride

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another point i would like to make is that there will always be athletes coming out of the pigeon forge feeder systems. When sevier county and gp were dominant in the 90's most of their big play guys were from pigeon forge. The other high schools with proven programs snatch the athletes from pigeon forge away. Sevier counties best player went to pigeon forge from k through the 8th grade but when the time came for him to go to high school he chose a proven sevier county program instead of the upstart pigeon forge program. If pigeon forge would have had a high school in the 80's and 90's than i believe we could have maybe won a gold football by now. If you would have combined gp's studs from pf and sevier counties studs from pigeon forge than we would have a proven program by now. Until we turn it around and start appealing to athletes from the other county schools we will just be good up front and average at skill positions. I know this is somewhat irrelevant to the topic but i thought i would just throw it out there.

The skill players will eventually come to football, but the success of the program will have to be in place first. PF has had some bad leadership (head coaches) in football since it's origin. Hopefully the new coach will know what he is doing! From what I hear it sounds like he does!

The proof is in the pudding. The skill players are playing sports at PF (baseball, basketball, soccer, etc.), but these sports are the ones that are successful, have good coaching, etc.

PF has had some decent skill players in the past in the football program. The program just did not have good leadership. That dumb offense they ran for three years was a joke! For example, two seasons ago they had a quarterback with a great arm but ran an offense that never used his arm. DUMB! DUMB! DUMB! Last year they had a quarterback that did not fit the offense either. AGAIN....BAD LEADERSHIP!

PF has the skill players and they will come to football, but I don't think that they will jump on board until they see consistency in the program!