Pigeon Forge Offseason

speedy41

Does anyon know what is in store fot the Tigers in the offseason. I have heard that they may have a coaching change, any truth to this? If so, who are the front runners for the job, any names been mentioned yet. Will the new coach ( if there is one) be able to bring in his own assistants or will he have to use the ones already there (no disrespect to the PF coaches, just a question).

How many quality seniors does PF lose and how many starters or good contributors are returning?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyon know what is in store fot the Tigers in the offseason. I have heard that they may have a coaching change, any truth to this? If so, who are the front runners for the job, any names been mentioned yet. Will the new coach ( if there is one) be able to bring in his own assistants or will he have to use the ones already there (no disrespect to the PF coaches, just a question).

How many quality seniors does PF lose and how many starters or good contributors are returning?

Is it just a question? Or are you trying to get some gossip started? Just a question also, not an accusation. :thumb:

I certainly do not want to start any gossip or make any false accusations. I am in the high school football world and any time the topic of coaches leaving, retiring, or being forced out, Pigeon Forge is mentioned. No one says whether or not the coach is going somewhere else or if he is just retiring so I thought I would ask on here to see if someone knew the truth. I am not a gossiper or an accusser...just a nosy football guy that wants to know the skinny on area situations. No disrespect intended. I was also wanting to know about who the Tigers lose to graduation and who they have returning. I do not have any personal reasons for wanting to know this info I assure you. I do not want to work ar PF because that would be a vercy long drive to and from work everyday, I cannot afford to buy a house in Dolly Country, and everytime I go to Pigeon Forge I get a bad case of road rage because of all the tourist. I am just nosy.

pigeon forge plays in a weak region so they should get in the playoffs next year they are a 2a school playing in 3a.seymour has a lot coming back,carter lost a lot this year,claiborne only has a few guns,union.co is improving and rutledge was young this year and gibbs has some guys coming back so pigeon forge should be 3rd i'd say in 2006.as far as coaching changes pfhs isn't that old and they have had a lot of changes already which isn't good so they need to get a go getter in there perhaps scott galyon former nfler and seymour coach

Edited by wow1029

• 6 months later...

The addition of Pigeon Forge High School to the county lessened the student body at GP significantly. I graduated from GP in 2002 - when we played PF that year (who had no senior class yet) we were loud enough to mess with their formations. That year, there were a good 20-25 loud students who travelled everywhere with the team.

In the three games I have attended since then, the stands were almost as embarassing as the performance on the field. In short, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg-Pittman together make one student body - until the schools grow some, neither team will travel well, and for some reason GP can't even pull a crowd at home.

The new coach is Mike Bramblett. He has coached for several years. He was the coach at Memphis Catholic this past season and was the coach of Tipton Rosemark before that. Pigeon Forge doesn't travel well because in the past they were not that exciting to watch. Basketball is the sport at Pfhs that everyone goes to. If they started winning, like the basketball and baseball teams, then the students would travel will them, but until then they will have mediocre fan support.