Prayers for Campbell County High

CoachT

There is not a general board on this site where this kind of news belongs so I am posting it here because of the seriousness of this event:

As most of you have probably heard, there was a shooting today at Campbell County High in Jacksboro, northwest of Knoxville. Assistant principal Ken Bruce was killed, assistant principal Jim Pierce was wounded, and the principal, Gary Seale, was also shot. A 14-year-old freshman is in custody.

According to my TSSAA directory, which is over a year-old, Jim Pierce is also the athletic director and cross-country coach.

Shooting

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a sad day in Campbell County! We are all saddened that such a thing could occur here, or anyplace for that matter.

Although I broadcast primarily for Cumberland Gap High School, I have lived in Jacksboro for 16 years. Both of my children graduated from CCHS. My son played football there for 4 years, graduating in 1994.

When I called him today to tell him the terrible news, I could tell that his heart sank deeply. Mr. Pierce was his P.E Coach, and he has nothing but praise for him.

I also know the student's father, and he is a good man. Be sure to remember that family in your prayers too.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers in this dim hour in Campbell County.

Prayers go out to all involved in Campbell County, Lincoln County and Williamson County in the recent violence. We from Greenbrier in Robertson County will be praying for all involved.

Something is terribly wrong when educators that dedicate their lives to teach our young people are being attacked by the students. Just as the principal in Lincoln County was attacked, we need to pray for them also.

Also, the young man from Page that was shot during "horseplay" with a friend. This is truly a sad week in Tennessee.

People....PLEASE, PLEASE keep your guns out of the hands of irresponsible people. These deaths are so senseless.

Edited by EZBeingGreen