140 Tyler Newman

145 Zach Goss

152 Matt Spitalny

160 Brenton Austin

171 Robby Robinson

189 Aaron Cook

215 Bobby Huffaker

275 Charles Green

OK, we've got two weeks to have some fun with this. Above is the McCallie lineup for the GP West Invitational this past weekend at Brentwood. Below is the Baylor lineup for the GIT in Greeneville this past weekend based on the post on this board of the results of that tournament, with a few open weights where Baylor did not have a finalist-------I'm sure some of you Raider fans can fill in those blanks for us. Since these were the lineups both schools fielded on Saturday, anyone want to pick a winner based on these actual lineups?

103: Stavrum

112: Whitaker

119: ?

125: Johnson

130: Bell

135: Manson

140: Hussein

145: Doster

152: Waddell

160: Stroud

171: ?

189: Walker

215: ?

Hwt: Still

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, so much knowledge many of you men lack. Or maybe it's that you are just blind. It is so easy to put McCallie at the blunt of all recruiting jokes for many of the people on this board, but if they only knew. People don't seem to speak of that school across town from the Tornado who seem to be getting along quite well with all the random wrestlers that decide to attend their school and therefore just end up wrestling on the side. But who wants to bring that up? Not me!

Sommers, it was delightful meeting you this weekend. I had been wanting to meet you for a while. Best of luck to your son. Hope he gets better soon.

I will say that I was quite proud of Singh this weekend. And yes we may see him in the line up more often now!

just wondering why did you say earlier i wont count on singh being back in the line-up?

Wow, so much knowledge many of you men lack. Or maybe it's that you are just blind. It is so easy to put McCallie at the blunt of all recruiting jokes for many of the people on this board, but if they only knew. People don't seem to speak of that school across town from the Tornado who seem to be getting along quite well with all the random wrestlers that decide to attend their school and therefore just end up wrestling on the side. But who wants to bring that up? Not me!

Sommers, it was delightful meeting you this weekend. I had been wanting to meet you for a while. Best of luck to your son. Hope he gets better soon.

I will say that I was quite proud of Singh this weekend. And yes we may see him in the line up more often now!

90, I am well aware that any DII team can recruit through financial assistance. The reason I brought it up about McCallie was because someone said that McCallie would be lacking in a few years. Baylor has some obvious recruits. I'm sure Jed Hussein decided out of nowhere to decide to go to Baylor. But what you fail to recognize is that while MBA, Ryan, Baylor, McCallie, CBHS and any other private school that awards financial aid may "recruit", it is a whole nother ballgame when you are a boarding school. That was simply my point.

90, I am well aware that any DII team can recruit through financial assistance. The reason I brought it up about McCallie was because someone said that McCallie would be lacking in a few years. Baylor has some obvious recruits. I'm sure Jed Hussein decided out of nowhere to decide to go to Baylor. But what you fail to recognize is that while MBA, Ryan, Baylor, McCallie, CBHS and any other private school that awards financial aid may "recruit", it is a whole nother ballgame when you are a boarding school. That was simply my point.

Jed Hussein had never wrestled and wrestling had nothing to do with him coming to baylor. Baylor was very fortunate to get such a great student to come to Baylor. To the credit of the coaches and the boys someone noticed that he was a STUD an talked him into coming out for the team. He has turned into a fine wrestler.

Mtnman, you are correct. Recruiting is illegal no matter what division you are. Yes, financial aid can be awarded at a D II school, but you are also right in that those two things are completely different. Raider, I agree with you on the issue of Jed Hussian. I doubt that he had been recruited. I mean how could anyone have known. It was just a great thing that he turned out to be such a great wrestler. But I do want to say this. It's not necessarily coaches that do the recruiting as it is the alumni that had wrestled in the past. Alumni that want to keep their alma mater producing champion wrestlers and continuing to be strong, and therefore they find the wrestlers and they front the money for them to attend. That is recruiting in case any of you were confused. I know instances where some coaches have been accused of recruiting, when it was just the opposite. Some people interested in a certain school were hoping for the coach to take an interest in their son and therefore call and constantly keep in touch in order to find out where the boy was in the process of his decision. But this coach knew he was not allowed to do that and another school picked up on this same boy and the boy's family figured the other coach wasn't interested and took the other school's offer. I mean we could sit here for days and argure about recruiting and everyone will have their own opinions, but where does that get us? The bottom line is, financial aid and recruitment are two totally different things.

looks like there is going to be alot of great match-ups possibly

singh vs. whitaker

joe young vs. bell

will young vs. manson

goss vs. doster

cook vs. walker

green vs. still

i doubt all these match-ups will take place especially the ones from 130-145

Why do you think they won't take place. I don't think Baylor has any reason to move in those weights and I do not see how moving up or down helps McCallie.

Jed Hussein had never wrestled and wrestling had nothing to do with him coming to baylor. Baylor was very fortunate to get such a great student to come to Baylor. To the credit of the coaches and the boys someone noticed that he was a STUD an talked him into coming out for the team. He has turned into a fine wrestler.

Credit to coaching at Baylor, here.

One observation from the finals of G.P. West...

Will Young looked better than I have ever seen him. If he gets bumped up to 140, experience will be a major factor; but, if he remains at 135, it will be a dog fight!!

Golly, Will made a very skilled wrestler look somewhat sub-par in the finals. Also, the 112 pounder,Singh?, was impressive in this tournament, as was the T. Robertson/R. Robinson match at 171.

Congrats!!

Edited by Sommers