Halls Red Devils

fairplay2121

I hate to see us out of the playoffs. I think reasonable fans would say Halls had a great year and were just a few more plays from being at least 10-1 right now looking to play round 2.

But here we are. Next year could be a bigger challenge for Coach Julian than this year. I have heard of a couple more good players coming back to football next year. With good reports on the JV and Freshman teams, tbings are looking up. I know that the incoming freshmen could be the state's best freshmen class if they all stay at Halls and all play football.

I know that the interest in youth football is up and Halls won 3 Knox Metro Championships this year. (more than any other youth football program) 4 of the 9 Halls youth teams were in the playoffs and 3 were only one win out of the playoffs.

I want to see the excitement continue. What do we need to work on for next year and beyond?

The future is so bright I have to wear shadesB) :thumb::huh::P:)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just glad to see that the Receivers coach is finally earning his pay. For years the Red Devils might have thrown 10 passes a year. Maybe not even that many. It sure will get better athletes out, now that they actually are throwing some.

Agree leonard. The passing game brought a new excitment to the wing t offense this year. I agree with many posters you have to have the personel to utilize it though. The running game will provide the bulk of the offense but I hope we open it up a little more and with the shotgun being brought in, it would give whoever steps up at QB with the time to throw and check the field. If we do this expect us to surprise a lot of teams next year. I agree with many of the Halls faithful Lucas had a great year but when dropped or rolled out he wasn't as effective as when he either did playaction or went straight back with a deeper drop.

Tyler Turner & Gary Cooper should share time at QB next year due to their height and arm strength. Tyler Clifton will go back to running back most likely. I've even heard Myers might return as a senior.

Receivers coming back next year you have a potential breakaway threat everytime he touches the ball in Daniel Dayton.(4tds on 12 catches)Tyler Brock who has excellent speed and either Gary Cooper or Tyler Turner if they are not playing QB. Expect some rising sophomores next year to have a impact also.

The running game with Pevy,Hughes,Carr,and rising sophomore Waggoner should be a solid group behind an experienced Ol with three starters returning.

Now we come to the big question mark. The defense. Losing the senior class means losing all eleven starters. This is going to be the biggest shoes to fill on the football team. This by far will be KJ's biggest task. He will have to utilize a lot of underclassmen help.

How will we do next year? I think next year a big shakeup will start to take place. Maryville will still be the toughest team. But Powell will be a lot weaker they loose a lot of talented players. Central will be weaker and I think we play em tough again at our house. West may leap frog a lot of teams next year they remind me of Red Bank a Little. We have the playmakers to score and control the clock but can we stop the other offenses? Thats going to be the question going into the winter.

I hope we get out of the fourth playoff spot and get to #3 at least. :thumb:

Im just glad to see that the Receivers coach is finally earning his pay. For years the Red Devils might have thrown 10 passes a year. Maybe not even that many. It sure will get better athletes out, now that they actually are throwing some.

Anybody have any stats on how many pass attempts were thrown this year compared to the previous lets say 10 years?

Edited by reddevilfever

Anybody have any stats on how many pass attempts were thrown this year compared to the previous lets say 10 years?

Fever just utilizing PrepXtra stats going back to 2002

2002 87 attempts 279 yards

2003 106 attempts 573 yards

2004 120 attempts 661 yards

2005 103 attempts 839 yards

We actually have passed less than the last two previous years. But everyone thinks we have passed more. Is it because we have had many big plays this year? Notice we are up nearly 260 yards from 2003 with nearly the same attempts.What do you think?

Fever just utilizing PrepXtra stats going back to 2002

2002 87 attempts 279 yards

2003 106 attempts 573 yards

2004 120 attempts 661 yards

2005 103 attempts 839 yards

We actually have passed less than the last two previous years. But everyone thinks we have passed more. Is it because we have had many big plays this year? Notice we are up nearly 260 yards from 2003 with nearly the same attempts.What do you think?

I think it is.....

1) The emergence of Dayton

2) Lucas being stronger and smarter

3) The line and backs actually blocking and not making Lucas run for his life

Can you also get how many completions? Maybe the completion percentage also? I see the passing numbers possibly going up another 200 yards or so next "if" the new Qb has time to throw.

Also those 2002 numbers seem a little low to me I will also check and see if I can find out anything on that year, Thanks zcar

Edited by reddevilfever

The future at Halls is looking mighty grim. In order to win big games you have to play great defense and hall's will stuggle to stop anyone next year. In fact i would be willing to bet that the Red Devil's scout offense will move the ball consitently on whoever starts on D next year for them. Its gonna get ugly, i would say they could maybe slip into the fourth spot i think Powell and Central may be a little down next year and West could be up in the top 2 or 3 so i dont know how its gonna shake down but preseason things aren't looking good for the devils next year.

The future at Halls is looking mighty grim. In order to win big games you have to play great defense and hall's will stuggle to stop anyone next year. In fact i would be willing to bet that the Red Devil's scout offense will move the ball consitently on whoever starts on D next year for them. Its gonna get ugly, i would say they could maybe slip into the fourth spot i think Powell and Central may be a little down next year and West could be up in the top 2 or 3 so i dont know how its gonna shake down but preseason things aren't looking good for the devils next year.

Breaking Emergency News there Panther.............Halls finished 4th this year so how can they possibly slip to 4th next year? :thumb:

Breaking Emergency News there Panther.............Halls finished 4th this year so how can they possibly slip to 4th next year? :lol:

Fever even though panther was misguided on us dropping to fourth place next year some of his comments demand some deeper thought.

The usual suspects will be competeing for the four playoff spots. Can Cruize lead Central next year. With Helton leaving Cruize probably moves to the Qb spot. Losing Gaston, Adkins & Cruize (at receiver) on offense thats some serious numbers lost. Same with Powell. Cody Watts was the catalyst for this team and will be a huge loss. Smith(sorry to bring him up msgov & htv) & Galyon on the defensive side will be sorely missed. Courtney had a great year running the ball. Huffaker will only be left with a relatively inexperienced QB in Abba.

West will rise up and be counted next year. Jake Ryan will have four receivers who will light up opponents next year. Decent DL & OL with speed at tailback.

My opinion for what its worth I think Halls will be the most unknown of any of the previous teams mentioned. The freshman class all around is very strong. If some from this group step up in a big way next year on varsity we could move to 2 or 3 in our district. I think Tyler Turner or Gary Cooper will do well at QB and we could put the points up next year. The jv group on defense will just have to grow up fast. They will make some mistakes but we have some playmaker athletes who could change games with a big play or two.

Halls with the youth movement coming online could gain great experience next year. I think we are a force to be reckoned with in 2007.

Edited by ZCAR