MT.PLEASANT FOOTBALL

bottomline

I was watching two guys tonight fussing which team is better last years or this year ? I mean i thought these guys was fixing to fight it doesn't matter to me I am proud of all my tigers and i told them it don't matter. But they raised some good questions and it would be hard to compare sense some of this years staters not many played last year but this years team don't have to contend with the privates. NOT TRYING TO START ANYTHING JUST WONDERING YA'LL THOUHTS ON THIS.PS. MP TIGERS #1 BEAT THE CRAPE OUT OF CWOOD :lol:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why do they have a better chance to go father is it because their better or is it because they don't have to play the privates? Thats what they was fussing about.

My opinion.............. If all the teams that moved to 2A in '05 had done this in '04....... MP would have walked away with a championship. No FRA, no CPA, no DCA & no Boyd Buch MP would have been in the final 2.

MP folks, imagine J Webster with the the '05 team?

My opinion.............. If all the teams that moved to 2A in '05 had done this in '04....... MP would have walked away with a championship. No FRA, no CPA, no DCA & no Boyd Buch MP would have been in the final 2.

MP folks, imagine J Webster with the the '05 team?

Of course J Web. would have made this years team better but just comparing the 2 teams. I believe this years team has more discipline than last years, maybe a product of being in Coach Smith's program for a year longer. I think this years team, before the injury to Roddrick, has more depth and is overall better but only by a shade and mainly because of the discipline.

You were asked to compare teams not players. Last years team was far more dangerous on offense and special teams. I think this years team is more fundamentally sound on defense, although Whitaker is a better player in the secondary. Most of you are right this years team will go farther because of the realignment, but that does not mean it is better than last years team. Good luck Tigers from Huntland.

I agree, but this yr's team will advance farther in the playoffs.

Well all i have to say about the topic is if the two teams played each other the 04 team would stomp this team only b-cuz no one could jump wit jamarcus,plus he's very strong and i know from experience I use to practice with him

I agree, but this yr's team will advance farther in the playoffs.

Well all i have to say about the topic is if the two teams played each other the 04 team would stomp this team only b-cuz no one could jump wit jamarcus,plus he's very strong and i know from experience I use to practice with him

Heres my opinion. (I know how much you MP fans enjoy it). MP beat CHS 56-0 last year. We couldnt get across the 50. This year we hung in there until 7 minutes to go. 21-21. I believe last years team was much better overall than this years.

Which Cwood team is better? I would bet this years team would have played with the 04' tiger team and made it closer. How many contributing seniors did you loose from last years team? I'll bet not many because of how good you are this year.

No contest! I'm a die hard Tigers fan, and I agree the '05 Tigers have a CHANCE of advancing further than any team in MP history, (heck, we've only got to win one more game to do that, but THAT has yet to be seen.) The '04 Tigers had an EXPLOSIVE offense that we just don't have in '05.

To be fair, I believe the offensive line is stronger, and Marco and Kaleb (among others) have matured nicely, but overall, the '04 team would have made State easily if the privates weren't such a factor.

The '05 team, on the other hand, still has it's work cut out for them if they plan to make it to State.

Once again, I'm a Tiger to the core, but I've got to hand it to the Trojans! Those boys have got HEART! Their performance in the 2nd half tonight was absolutely stupendous! (Too many exclamation points!!!!) They could have played with ANYBODY in 1A the way they played in the 2nd half. Hats off to you, fellas, you played one heckuva game.

The Tigers came out FLAT in the 2nd half. I don't know if they thought they had it wrapped, or what, but it was without a doubt the poorest performance by the Tigers all season. (Not taking anything away from the Trojans. They rocked the Jungle in round 2.)

The Tiger fans stunk tonight! Sorry, but it's true. We faced a little adversity, and WE gave up. We looked like a bundh of CA fans! (I know, that's harsh, but I swear, it's the truth.) Just when the boyz needed us most, we weren't there for them. I was writing in an earlier post about "clicking on all cylinders". Well, the players FEED on the fans, more than you can imagine. Home or away, the fans make a difference. It can mean the diff between advancing one more round, or staying home. I sure hope we're pumped for JB next weekend, or I guarentee we're finished. And we'll have done no better than we have in the past.

To end on a positive note,... this may have been a blessing in disguise. The boyz showed that, even when momentum swings agains them, you can never give up. The road to State will be a rocky one, so it's good to face a little adversity, and learn to overcome it. Best of luck to you, fellas, and win or lose, you gave us another season to be proud of!

Keep it real. It's all about the kids. :thumb: