Sullivan South vs. Morristown West

jhite4058

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

never in a million years. west has them beat defensively and offensively. seems to me like you've been drinkin hatorade. south shut you down, west is a different story, east's running game is crap, and your best play all year was you taking off with the ball, or throwing prayers to pendland. west will win this game whether you like it or not. its a shame east will never get past the first round. hopefully next year you will, brad you'll be good next year, you seem to be our only weopon. my son likes you.

but all that aside, west will take this game and then have trouble with maryville.

i might kinda agree with u on the defensivey part west might have them but i dont know about that all the way. but offensivily south has them in my opinion souths line is just as good as west. the only guy that i would take off of west line to replace anyone on south line would be dylan. if terral was in darus position he would have and prob been over 2000 yrds for the year and nothign on darus hes one of my friends and i know him pretty good and he is a great back but if he just had some more speed then he would never be stopped and im sure if u asked him one thing that he wished he had that would make him a better back the first thang he would say is he would want more speed. and im not hating on west at all they are good no dought. but u actually think that west passing game is better then south? i am going to disagree with u on that.and as for me i dont belive i threw to many prayers up for penland, yeah i did my sopmore year cus i wasnt that smart, but as for this year i stayed in the pocket alot more than last year i mean yeah when i had a lane i took it i mean i averaged around like 6 yrds per carry , but i dont belive i was just throwing the ball up to penland this year. watch the films i might have thrown 4 balls up for him all year. and the thing about not ever making it past first round that turning around i promise we will get past first round so dont talk to soon. and as for im the only weapon i dont think so.we had many weapons like shawn, dockery, mosier, garretson, elkins ,isabell,snowden. and more. we have the athletes to win its just that we dont all come to play on the same night.

but as for the game friday night it can go either way ill say that and either team can win but im still going with south on this one. and im not doughting west cus i know they can win i just think that south is going to come to play and home cooking by the refs west is going to get screwed over on a big play i promise it happen to us but thats just what having the game at your house but south wins

talking points:

1. West has been effective running the ball all season long; I don't see that changing come Friday night. I know that the Rebels have a good defense but I just do not believe that they will be able to contain the Trojan offense all game long. A big O-line, a very effective QB and receiving corps, and 3 very good backs is a tall order. I do think, however, that the Trojan defense can hold South to 14-to-17 points by game's end.

2. It will be a close game at the half and South may lead at that point but West's depth and experience should take over in the 3rd quarter allowing the Trojans to pull away.

3. Trust me when I say that the coaches and players at West have never underestimated anybody and will enter this game prepared and focused on this game and this game only.

4. I agree.....if you want to see this game; get there early.

Looking forward to being there.

I never expected South to completely stop the run because I know they won't. They just need to bend and not break too much to have a chance. I know that M-West will get stronger at the end but I still think South having a good all around passing and running offense will keep it close and there defense will able to make some key stops.

I just think these two teams were my pick to meet this friday and they will give us a game to remember. Everyone expected DB to beat south by 3 touchdowns and if they can come out and play the way they played DB it will be closer than most expect. They have Confidents and Heart and that means alot

I think we (Trojans) will win by at least 2 touchdowns and if we do and Maryville wins.... they have to come to our house and play. Nobody comes in our house and pushes us around WE WILL BE READY! I think everyone knows what happened the last time they came to play here. Despite all the politics it will be a great game to watch. I think everyone can agree on that.

politics? What do you mean by that? Moving the game date or the ref thing?

Maryville has a tough game this week, again and the last time the Trojans played Maryville in the semi, MoreWest won by a FG in OT. Previous to that Maryville had little trouble pushing you around in your house. Check the scores.

Good luck to your trojans this week and IF Maryville is the team traveling east, they will be ready.

I never expected South to completely stop the run because I know they won't. They just need to bend and not break too much to have a chance. I know that M-West will get stronger at the end but I still think South having a good all around passing and running offense will keep it close and there defense will able to make some key stops.

I just think these two teams were my pick to meet this friday and they will give us a game to remember. Everyone expected DB to beat south by 3 touchdowns and if they can come out and play the way they played DB it will be closer than most expect. They have Confidents and Heart and that means alot

Confidence, heart, and courage can take a team to heights never before reached. It has taken the Rebels to a Region 1 4A championship and has helped put South in the 4A Northeast Championship game with West. The '03 Trojans displayed the same amount of heart that you are describing. Often times, however, no matter how much determination a team has, another team's depth, speed, experience, talent, and coaching tends to win out at the end. That's why I think West will win.

Confidence, heart, and courage can take a team to heights never before reached. It has taken the Rebels to a Region 1 4A championship and has helped put South in the 4A Northeast Championship game with West. The '03 Trojans displayed the same amount of heart that you are describing. Often times, however, no matter how much determination a team has, another team's depth, speed, experience, talent, and coaching tends to win out at the end. That's why I think West will win.

I understand and agree with you alot on that. I am assuming that you have watched both teams play because I have not been able to see M-West play but only see there scores and highlights and hearing other people talk about them.

I see from teams that they both played that they are close and from seeing M-West's schedule althought they have played some tough teams that South could be the best team that they have faced. Do you agree?

M-West has built a great program as you can see that by how many kids dress out and they have a great team this year with depth and speed but I feel that South is yet to put a game together that they are capable of and I see this is being closer than people are expecting.

I can't wait till Friday night.

Could you tell me names of key players on both sides??? Players that are talked about and prospects of both teams

ok first of all u seem to be living in the past. u just gave almost a play by play of the last 3 min of the db game but we only fumbled 2 times instead of 3. second of field goal kicker has improved tremendously since then. i look for it to be the best game in the state that night. it will be a tough game but i think souths homefield advantage (best fans in the freakin nation) will be the deciding factor in the final min. it wil come down to the wire but i think south will pull it out by a margin of 3 pts. could be like the betsy game. except mo west will be in our position and south will make the field goal where betsy didnt and then its on to another week of practice for my rebs.

If the field goal kicker has improved tremendously then why didn't they even attempt a kick last Friday night? 1 or 2 field goals instead of getting stopped on downs would have made the last 3 minutes of the game a little less interesting. I work with a South grad who has a nephew on the team and he tells me they have no confidence in the field goal and haven't attempted a single field goal all year. Is that true? If it is true then I don't see how he could have improved much since the DB game. Not utilizing the field goal kicker much during the season may come back to bite South during the playoffs. Just my observation.

If the field goal kicker has improved tremendously then why didn't they even attempt a kick last Friday night? 1 or 2 field goals instead of getting stopped on downs would have made the last 3 minutes of the game a little less interesting. I work with a South grad who has a nephew on the team and he tells me they have no confidence in the field goal and haven't attempted a single field goal all year. Is that true? If it is true then I don't see how he could have improved much since the DB game. Not utilizing the field goal kicker much during the season may come back to bite South during the playoffs. Just my observation.

I said this same thing in another post:

I have said the same thing on many occasions that they need to try a field goal. I have been to all the games and they have tried ONE and only one and he made it but that was from 25 yards. as far as no confidence that probably have been from the xtra points because he is 32/38 on them and the one miss was VERY COSTLY

I really don't understand this either and I expected some field goal attempts not only last friday but on several occasions but I am assuming that the coach did not have confidents and he is a Offensive minded coach(former QB) and wants to put up Touchdowns and pin them back if they do not make it. I would have attemped a few before now or recruited a soccer player but I am not the Coach but he does have alot of confidence in his offense and he should have scored last friday but you have to admit there was some rough calls.

ok first of all u seem to be living in the past. u just gave almost a play by play of the last 3 min of the db game but we only fumbled 2 times instead of 3. second of field goal kicker has improved tremendously since then. i look for it to be the best game in the state that night. it will be a tough game but i think souths homefield advantage (best fans in the freakin nation) will be the deciding factor in the final min. it wil come down to the wire but i think south will pull it out by a margin of 3 pts. could be like the betsy game. except mo west will be in our position and south will make the field goal where betsy didnt and then its on to another week of practice for my rebs.

It was 3 not 2 (copied from tricitiessports.com 08/26/05)

But South relentlessly moved toward the D-B goal line time and again, only to lose the first fumble with 7:15 left when Curt Phillips -- who had earlier scored the Rebels' only points on a 55-yard third-quarter TD run -- was stripped of the ball and Jesse Alley fell on it at the D-B 41.

After a three-and-out, D-B punted to the Rebel 27, but Phillips moved his team from there to the D-B 10 in eight plays. But this time, Jake McMillin was hit in the backfield and the ball was knocked loose with Alley again pulling it in on the Indian 16 with 1:43 to play.

D-B's celebration was premature. South's rugged defense again forced a three-and-out and a 15-yard penalty for a personal foul on the return set South up in business on the D-B 27.

Surely, the third time would be the charm for the Rebels but instead the third-time charm was all D-B's. Phillips scrambled 11 yards around his right end but was separated from the ball and Daniel Bertuso fell on it at the 14 and this time D-B was able to kill the clock and escape with the victory.

GO MO GO

It was 3 not 2 (copied from tricitiessports.com 08/26/05)

But South relentlessly moved toward the D-B goal line time and again, only to lose the first fumble with 7:15 left when Curt Phillips -- who had earlier scored the Rebels' only points on a 55-yard third-quarter TD run -- was stripped of the ball and Jesse Alley fell on it at the D-B 41.

After a three-and-out, D-B punted to the Rebel 27, but Phillips moved his team from there to the D-B 10 in eight plays. But this time, Jake McMillin was hit in the backfield and the ball was knocked loose with Alley again pulling it in on the Indian 16 with 1:43 to play.

D-B's celebration was premature. South's rugged defense again forced a three-and-out and a 15-yard penalty for a personal foul on the return set South up in business on the D-B 27.

Surely, the third time would be the charm for the Rebels but instead the third-time charm was all D-B's. Phillips scrambled 11 yards around his right end but was separated from the ball and Daniel Bertuso fell on it at the 14 and this time D-B was able to kill the clock and escape with the victory.

GO MO GO

ahh the sounds of squeaking sneakers on a freshly waxed gym florr, or the sound of the ball tickeling the net.....who is playing @ j. fred on friday?