Hampton Wins... Coalfield next!

KING'S NEMESIS

Good luck with that classless bunch from Middle TN. Sorry they are from there as I was a transplant for 11 years, in College and earlier part of the job.

Heard a couple of folks from Hampton were looking for us. I figured it was you and N2. Didn't know who to look for but figured I could be found. Most people know where I am at the games. Would like to have personally spoken to each of you at the game. My stomach was settled. It was win, or lose, but when you go there every week, you get used to it.

Davis will be ok. The rest of the underclassmen will be ok. The Seniors, and there are several very good seniors on this team, will look back and realize they were part of a great run. Probably the best in school history or at least even with those records. They proudly held up Coalfield Football tradition, brought back to life a program that had suffered a year or so of no play off appearance, and lifted the the pride in the school and community to the level that we will progress. Known most of those boys since they were in 6th grade and some earlier. Couldn't ask for a better group.

All that is good.

HANG'EM JACKETS!!!!! :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hamptonbigdog:

Sorry we didn't get to hook up at the game. My wife and I sat with our girls and some of their friends. I didn't even leave my seat, 'cause that woulda meant getting out from under the warm blankets I had over me! :blink:

Even though you ended our season a little more prematurely than we'd hoped, :thumb: I'll have nothing but good things to say about your team, coaching staff, fans, and community. Couldn't have asked for a better environment for a playoff game, nor a friendlier spirit than we found this week with you guys here on coacht and at the field.

I've been reading the Trousdale/Hampton thread and may post on it sometime, but it's just not the same when you no longer have a dog in the race so to speak!

But hey, we're still with you in spirit and hope to see you carry on!

Though I can't make it back to Hampton again this coming Friday night, due to Thanksgiving plans and other trips & commitments, I hope to be somewhere that I can hear some of the game on radio or internet, or at least keep an eye on the score here on coacht.

I will promise you this though, we have friends in Murfreesboro and if you guys GET R DUNN again this Friday, we'll plan a trip to the 'boro to watch you play in the state championship game. And if that comes to pass, we WILL make plans to meet, okay? :o

I may even try to talk CYJacket into coming with me. Murfreesboro's his former stomping grounds also! :D

---rSquared

Edited by rSquared

"I hope rSquared doesn't mind me doing this but I would like to personally say that if any of you know of a school in that area in need of a softball coach you should definitely let them know he is looking. He is one of the best I have ever saw and he would be a great asset to any school. I would not hesitate to say he can turn just about any program around and there has never been a classier coach. He is well respected and liked by his players. "

Willy:

I appreciate the kind words more than I can express. I felt like a fish out of water having to do without softball last season, but I survived somehow! :D

I don't think I've told you, but I'm going to be an assistant coach at Union Co. this season and am really looking forward to it! We're already hard at work with conditioning, fund-raising, scheduling, etc. and the group of girls I'm working with are really a super bunch of young ladies. I'm also one of the FCA sponsors, which is something I've done in the past and that I really want to stay involved in. So things are okay for me in my present position.

Nevertheless, a fire still burns within me to find a head position somewhere by next season. I had a couple of offers this year, but they both would've involved a move for the family and the timing just wasn't right for that with one daughter graduating this year. So we're just trusting that God will lead us to the right place in His time. You may have a hard time believing this, but I'm learning patience---imagine that! :thumb:

I hope your daughters are doing well in college and I miss the old times and all you guys/gals!

Take care, God Bless, and have a Happy Thanksgiving with your family! :blink:

---rSquared

Edited by rSquared

no one else post in here please just post on the other thread. :thumb:

Got ya, turtle. Just wanted to respond to a couple of posts from earlier in this thread and didn't want to do it on another thread where it really shouldn't be. But now that I've done that, I'll see you on the other thread. :blink:

---rSquared