Knox Central vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

rebelman16--please read where it says they all get breaks. As far as the Dbacks that don't play on O, there just isn't room for them in the reciever rotation as the Cats go 6 deep there.

I would doubt that Zach misses this game. I really don't know the extent of the injury, but knowing him, you'd have to strap him down like Hannibal Lecter to keep him off the field. I would think it is a possibilty that he doesn't play safety, though. Just a guess.

Anybody know the weather forcast for Friday. It would be a shame to play this game in a monsoon.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It said in the Knoxville paper that Zach Helton played injured against Red Bank. What is up with that? When did he get hurt? I hope he is 100% come Friday.

I sure as heck hope hes a 100% if not 110% because i dont want you central fans on here next week cryin because helton was hurt just because you arent playing anymore helton scrambles too much and needs to stay in the pocket and try and get the ball to gaston as much as he can but no matter what he does with the ball i can guarantee you that there will be 9 or 10 black jerseys swarming to the ball and the defensive coordinator will make sure of that....oh yeah and to you central fans wherever we play next week were meeting in the maryville parking lot at 4:45 to leave for our trip to wherever we play next week if you want to join a championship carpool or if you want to meet us there we can save you a seat just let us know......see you at the game friday come to our student section and we will show you what maryville footballs all about

I sure as heck hope hes a 100% if not 110% because i dont want you central fans on here next week cryin because helton was hurt just because you arent playing anymore helton scrambles too much and needs to stay in the pocket and try and get the ball to gaston as much as he can but no matter what he does with the ball i can guarantee you that there will be 9 or 10 black jerseys swarming to the ball and the defensive coordinator will make sure of that....oh yeah and to you central fans wherever we play next week were meeting in the maryville parking lot at 4:45 to leave for our trip to wherever we play next week if you want to join a championship carpool or if you want to meet us there we can save you a seat just let us know......see you at the game friday come to our student section and we will show you what maryville footballs all about

yeah we have a great student section!, and we need to beat central again with zach 100%, then the central fans wont have anything to cry about, well, they will probably find something anyways, but thats one less thing for them to cry about anyways...

your right, thanks about correcting me on the double negative, i said it wrong, i should have said didnt think they WOULD score, but i didnt hear the interview, i just heard about it on rebelsnation, so get off my back

simmer down junior, no one is on your back here...i was just pointing out that it was not likely that GQ said that or intended it the way you took it. it was a mere point of clarification, and since neither one of us heard the interview then there's really no point in us arguing about it anyway ;)

simmer down junior, no one is on your back here...i was just pointing out that it was not likely that GQ said that or intended it the way you took it. it was a mere point of clarification, and since neither one of us heard the interview then there's really no point in us arguing about it anyway ;)

your right, as long as we are both out there cheering for the rebels, we have nothing to argue about imo ;)

I would doubt that Zach misses this game. I really don't know the extent of the injury, but knowing him, you'd have to strap him down like Hannibal Lecter to keep him off the field. I would think it is a possibilty that he doesn't play safety, though. Just a guess.

I'm with you on that one...I'm sure it would be very tough to keep him off the field this Friday night. Surely he wants a win against the Rebels more than many of us can begin to imagine. How sweet would it be for him to finally break through in this his senior year with so much on the line...

Zach injured is probably better than most guys at full speed anyway. I hope he can go at or near 100%.

rebelman16--please read where it says they all get breaks. As far as the Dbacks that don't play on O, there just isn't room for them in the reciever rotation as the Cats go 6 deep there.

Anybody know the weather forcast for Friday. It would be a shame to play this game in a monsoon.

If he has six deep at wide reciever than why does he play the ones that start wr, at db some. If they are good enought to play at wide reciever and DB then let them sart Db and then have your other six deep at wide out play.

It is just not smart to play people both ways when you have the tallent to have two squads.

I heard the interview. In talking of the last game he mentioned how well the defense played and basically said if we don't turn the ball over they possibly don't score on us. He made absolutely no predictions about the upcoming game.

It depends on what color glasses you were hearing it thru...

That's not what I heard, but I guess it could be interpretted that way.

I certainly don't think he meant any disrespect or harm, but even if he did (which he didn't) so what? The rule is bring it or stay at home. These two teams don't need any help getting up for this game and everyone knows that.

FBE, no one does the defensive stats but the coaching staff. I get the offensive stats from an outside source. Coach and I are gonna sit down after the season to chat and that's one thing I'm gonna ask him for.

Feel free to email me or even pm me with your constructive criticisms as I appreciate them. Doing it here though is a lil weird and probably not fair to CoachT and probaly boring to some folks not associated.

Okay-enough. Reb Nation, we're buddies, but to think that Central is not an elite 4A school is not right. I'll give Maryville all the props in the world. They have been the best 4a school in the state over the last several years. NO doubt!! Keep in mind that Central did play for a state title a few years ago. But to say that Central is not in the class of schools you mentioned is nuts. Please, the Cats couldn't play with Huntingdon, AE, Fulton or Alcoa? Those schools have recently played in or won a title in their division. They are good programs with lots of success. You don't think that Central could beat any of those? Come on. Central, as is Maryville, MoWest, Hillsboro, Melrose, Memphis East and JCM at the top of the food chain in 4A. Check the records. You could drop any of those schools in any 5A region and they are all regular playoff teams.

I will agree that Central needs to win some to make this rivalry closer.

FBE, as far as the scores of the regular season games vs the playoff games, it is usually the playoff games that have the closer scores. Most of the games in the playoffs have been very close, while there have been a couple of lopsided regular season games. Last year was a prime example, with Maryville winning easily in the regular season, and the playoff game going down to the last minute. Also, you keep saying that Central plays a bunch of kids both ways. Just to let you know, that statement needs some clarification. The kids on the O line, just play on the O line. The only time that Crowder or Gaddis play on the D line is when they want to get bigger in short yardage situations. Crowder may play 4-5 snaps on D. Dyer plays at FB and DE but not to the point that he doesn't come out of the game. Central has many offensive sets and there are many series when he is not in. They also rotate him in and out on D. The same thing applies to Nance. Adkins, Cruze, Helton, Waddell and Gaston rotate around as Dbacks or safties. They all get breaks. Central is very deep at reciever, so they have even more players at that position to share the load.

This is going to be a heck of game Friday nite.

Also, congrats to Lonas Seiber on his scholly to UT.

You know I respect the cats med and I am proud to say your my boy. He just got me on a tangent. And where did I say Central couldn't "play" with most of those teams? Alcoa and teams of that size don't have the depth to go with a team like Central. You missed my point. I was talkin about championship excelllence. You're lacking hardware and you know it. That's a hard, cold fact.

Let me reprofess my profound respect for Central. Some W's in that series would help though, and we agree there. That was my main point. Guess I coulda just said that... :thumb:

My problem is I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to WHIP IT OUT!! HAHA :(

Edited by Rebel Nation