Riverdale @ Cookeville Round 3

goo goo cluster

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure how Riverdales linebackers are, but I believe that cookeville's experienced line will be able to take care of them :lol:

To me they are the heart of the defense. Butler, the lineman Mr. Football Finalist, will cause havok. Kit Hartsfield to me is an unsung hero. And with Locke back everything should be ticking on defense.

Like LOD said will he have time to throw it? the front eight gets to the QB really quick, and the LB's are great blitzer's to me.

Anyone know if Stephenson is practicing? Will he start?

Edited by Thesportsreporters

My Prediction:

Cookeville...21

Riverdale....31 :lol:

Cookeville fans, make all your excuses. We all know "Cookeville wants it more. Coach J has the boys ready," all that good stuff. But your forgetting Riverdale wants it too, Rankin has the Warriors ready. Shoot, Cookeville can want it all day and all night but if Riverdale wants it too than they will take it because they are the better team. Cookeville could play 100%, and Riverdale could still squeak a win. If Riverdale plays 100%, there is no way Cookeville will. Thats where the better team part comes in. Riverdale would have to play sloppy or not be focused on the game for Cookeville to win (Cookeville can win but they cant just straight up and down "BEAT" Riverdale). But yea I feel like Riverdale is ready. And if they are ready to play Friday night there is no way they will loose. I'm glad I can say that about the team I support. :)

I can assure you I will be there at least an hour and half before kick off to make sure I get a seat...and IF Cookeville loses, I will cry, because our run will be over and it will be my last football game as CHS student. And IF Cookeville wins, I will cry, because my heart is invested in the football team more than anyone except for the guys who suit up every Friday night and their parents... Good luck to both teams...but seriously....LET'S GO CAVS!!!

And to you guys who were arguing about state titles...Cookeville does have a state title...in Women's Golf in 1999. Thank you very much...

Edited by MattDuff

My Prediction:

Cookeville...21

Cookeville fans, make all your excuses. We all know "Cookeville wants it more. Coach J has the boys ready," all that good stuff. But your forgetting Riverdale wants it too, Rankin has the Warriors ready. Shoot, Cookeville can want it all day and all night but if Riverdale wants it too than they will take it because they are the better team. Cookeville could play 100%, and Riverdale could still squeak a win. If Riverdale plays 100%, there is no way Cookeville will. Thats where the better team part comes in. Riverdale would have to play sloppy or not be focused on the game for Cookeville to win (Cookeville can win but they cant just straight up and down "BEAT" Riverdale). But yea I feel like Riverdale is ready. And if they are ready to play Friday night there is no way they will loose. I'm glad I can say that about the team I support. :)

There's no doubt in my mind that riverdale is more talented , but cookeville might just be the better "TEAM" . If cookeville plays 100% then they will definantly win, sometimes it just comes down to which team has more "heart"

I can assure you I will be there at least an hour and half before kick off to make sure I get a seat...and IF Cookeville loses, I will cry, because our run will be over and it will be my last football game as CHS student. And IF Cookeville wins, I will cry, because my heart is invested in the football team more than anyone except for the guys who suit up every Friday night and their parents... Good luck to both teams...but seriously....LET'S GO CAVS!!!

And to you guys who were arguing about state titles...Cookeville does have a state title...in Women's Golf in 1999. Thank you very much...

I like you!! This is what this site is all about the kids getting on here and bragging about their school and showing their school spirit i can assure you that if our WARRIORS lose we will be unhappy also and if we win we will all start making travel plans for the following friday like we have done for the past 5 years so if yall do win that is what you will need to do find out who is going the friday after thanksgiving and then make the long trip it will be a lot of fun. i HOPE THAT IT IS ME MAKING THOSE PLANS BUT just in case that should be your agenda if you do win

GO WARRIORS

My Prediction:

Cookeville...21

Hey man this is football anyone can take down anyone on any friday night

There's no doubt in my mind that riverdale is more talented , but cookeville might just be the better "TEAM" . If cookeville plays 100% then they will definantly win, sometimes it just comes down to which team has more "heart"

I'm sure you honestly believe Cookeville has more heart just as well as I believe Riverdale has more heart. So we got that down, both teams have heart, right? So now it really comes down to who comes out to play Friday. Which team is at the top of their game and which team just gets outplayed or slumps. But we both agree that Riverdale has more talent (dont get me wrong I think Cookeville is talented too) so that means if Riverdale plays 100% there is no reason why they should loose, right? Thats just my logic behind alot of things. Most of the time its right, and I'm sure that someday it might get proven wrong. But for the past 27 games it sure hasnt been. In fact, a few of those games Riverdale has not showed up to play and has still won. But I realize they must play to the best of their abilities to beat Cookeville ;)

Hey man this is football anyone can take down anyone on any friday night

Yes I realize that but usually any upset that happens the better team either is in a slump or just doesnt show up to play and is sloppy and makes a whole bunch of mistakes very rarely would the better team just get DOMINATED and such. For the lesser team to pull the upset, usually it takes the talent of that team plus a bad game from the better team.

well from what i heard rankin called coach joslin all week b4 the WC game and was telling him how good WC was and there was no way we could beat them, well we did and now its your turn and i hope you really think you are too good to be beat...by the way throw the spear on the field and word has it that its getting broken over someones knee?? go cavs

well from what i heard rankin called coach joslin all week b4 the WC game and was telling him how good WC was and there was no way we could beat them, well we did and now its your turn and i hope you really think you are too good to be beat...by the way throw the spear on the field and word has it that its getting broken over someones knee?? go cavs

Wilson Central turned the ball over 6 times. They also had two other fumbles that they recovered. If Riverdale does that you will beat us too. It looks like WC moved the ball pretty good, outgaining Cookeville on the night.

I don't recall whether the spear goes on the road or not. Regardless, this is round 3 of the playoffs and both teams should respect, even appreciate, the other's traditions. I always enjoy seeing the traditions that other schools have...that darn train thing at OR, the wolf at Kilbourne, etc... Hosting a 3d round playoff game is an honor and is an obligation that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Wilson Central turned the ball over 6 times. They also had two other fumbles that they recovered. If Riverdale does that you will beat us too. It looks like WC moved the ball pretty good, outgaining Cookeville on the night.

I don't recall whether the spear goes on the road or not. Regardless, this is round 3 of the playoffs and both teams should respect, even appreciate, the other's traditions. I always enjoy seeing the traditions that other schools have...that darn train thing at OR, the wolf at Kilbourne, etc... Hosting a 3d round playoff game is an honor and is an obligation that shouldn't be taken lightly.

I sure hope if riverdale does bring there spear that they don't throw it at our players again this year. im sure it wasn't intentional but still .

I'm unsure about how this spear thing came about, because Riverdale does not take it on the road. Usually they dont even run to the middle of the field on away games they just run straight to the sideline (I've seen them stomp the midfield logos a few times though lol). Maybe they will bring the spear. Its a great site seeing Tamar Butler ram it in the ground and I guess since Riverdale has no more home games someone else will do it next year.