Riverdale @ Cookeville Round 3

goo goo cluster

If a team has traditions like that, they should keep them for home games, cause it is a slap in the face to the other team. Just think how mad the Riverdale fans would be if some team went and stomped on the emblem in the middle of your field. I respect traditions of schools, but you can push it too far, and that is an example. But hey, if they try that friday night, it might just spark some extra energy to the cavs. :thumb:

yeah i agree....traditions like the spear should stay at home

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a team has traditions like that, they should keep them for home games, cause it is a slap in the face to the other team. Just think how mad the Riverdale fans would be if some team went and stomped on the emblem in the middle of your field. I respect traditions of schools, but you can push it too far, and that is an example. But hey, if they try that friday night, it might just spark some extra energy to the cavs. :thumb:

exactly, but i would love to see Gaston miller stomp in the emblem on the 50 yard line, actually i would love to see how hard he would get popped on his first carry.

I cant see rankin allowing anything like that,he is too classy and i know he has enough respect for joslin not to allow it!!!!!!Good luck caviliers did i just say that???Riverdale enjoy Rankin and his run because he is on his way to a different place!!!!He would have have been in Mcminnville had not the village idiots been running that administration. Go cavs!!!!

Just "writing it down." If anything in your post is wrong (most likely everything) I'm sure you will never show your face (I mean username) on CoachT again. IF Cookeville wins, it WONT be by 14. Dont get me wrong, I think Cookeville is very capible of winning the game, (so is WC) but not by 14. And if Cookeville escapes the wrath of WC, Riverdale will come into Cookeville's house and dominate them all night. Write it down! You heard it here first!

Well well well, looky here. 802cat or whatever your name is. I promise you Riverdale will not dominate this game, they will lose just like everyone else has that comes here, and Cookeville will definately go on to win the state in Class 5A this year. Riverdale was lucky to beat Wilson Central, i was at the game, they won't get the "luck" this time or the "phantom" calls that they seem to get at home. Riverdales streak ends this Friday, you heard it here first!!!! Write it down. In the future get your own quote's and quit using mine. I am sure when Riverdale goes down you won't show your face on here and give anyone else credit, but thats ok. Once again Cookeville is the UNDERDOG on their home field, once again they will get no respect and once again they will earn their respect on the field in a victory! :thumb:

I agree! Cookeville is not getting respect. 56% of the state was picking WC to win last week. As far as not winning by 14- they won by 11 and had a questionable non-call in the first quarter as Rob Winningham was open in the end zone and Zac put the ball in there. Rob was tripped with the defender never looking at the ball. Should have been pass interference and should have been a score. By that account they would have won by 18. Also a couple weeks ago someone said that Cavs had no secondary. Well, 8 picks in 2 games says otherwise. Go cavs!

Like I said, I dont know how this "spearing the visitors stadium" got brought up (actually it got brought up by a Cookeville supporter) cause Riverdale does NOT do this on the road but I like the reaction of Cookeville fans about it would actually be funny for me to be able to see it but yes Coach Rankin is a man of respect he wouldnt allow it but there were no plans for it to begin with.

Yes they started moving some bleachers form the baseball and practice fields. They are being set the left of the home side if you are facing the field and they are putting a few next to the visitors.When they are finished moving all the bleachers i would saw they wil have about another 1000 seats or maybeb even more.

It will be an incredible atmosphere i can not wait.

GO CAVS

I agree! Cookeville is not getting respect. 56% of the state was picking WC to win last week. As far as not winning by 14- they won by 11 and had a questionable non-call in the first quarter as Rob Winningham was open in the end zone and Zac put the ball in there. Rob was tripped with the defender never looking at the ball. Should have been pass interference and should have been a score. By that account they would have won by 18. Also a couple weeks ago someone said that Cavs had no secondary. Well, 8 picks in 2 games says otherwise. Go cavs!

This is true man Cookeville has not been getting any respect. Never in my life have i ever seen a 3rd ranked team get picked to lose by 5, in the tennessean, to a team that wasnt even ranked in the top 10. If you ask me i would say that our boys work well when bein the underdog. GO CAVS!!!! and bout the field condition comments made earlier, this is football man you play in mud, rain and snow quit lookin for pitiful excuses as to why you lost and just take it like a champ. If you want constant pristine conditions play basketball.

Did they really pick WC by 5!!?? now thats funny, I really thought they were pretenders the whole year.

These boys have been thought of as pretenders for a couple of games this year, so they're used to it and use it as motivation. Is it just me or has this week been going by slow in anticipation for this game. This Cavs team has gotten most of Cookeville anticipating this game, so my advice tailgate and show up very early if you want a good seat. By the way sports reporters I didnt read your post wrong , I was just sayin Cookeville has been called a pretender.

Edited by cavsmaniac