Riverdale @ Cookeville Round 3

goo goo cluster

riverdale's passing game is solid.... not great in my opinion, but solid. antwaun smith (37) is the speedster known for breaking some ankles on flat routes and screens, and along with him are shane rollins (14), phillip stevenson (20), and julius worthington (41)... scott thomas is the quarterback and he's improved since the beggining of the season.

ok thanks for the report . i know they didnt throw the ball much last year when cookeville played them, do they have most of the defense back from last year or did they graduate ? the defense was very solid last year, the only plays we could get on them were throwing deep to stearman

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok thanks for the report . i know they didnt throw the ball much last year when cookeville played them, do they have most of the defense back from last year or did they graduate ? the defense was very solid last year, the only plays we could get on them were throwing deep to stearman

Stevenson & A. Smith are returning starters, Miller will play corner and Rollins will also play corner. To me the heart of the defense is the linebackers. Locke, T. Butler (Mr. Football Finalist), Hartsfield, & Hunter in any mix are probably one of the best LB crews in the state. The Dline is very young but solid.

I heard Cookeville threw very good last friday, that's the only thing that concerns me about RHS.

Oh and Scott Thomas if you are reading this, please tuck the ball when you run!!! He scares me when he scrambles.

Just "writing it down." If anything in your post is wrong (most likely everything) I'm sure you will never show your face (I mean username) on CoachT again. IF Cookeville wins, it WONT be by 14. Dont get me wrong, I think Cookeville is very capible of winning the game, (so is WC) but not by 14. And if Cookeville escapes the wrath of WC, Riverdale will come into Cookeville's house and dominate them all night. Write it down! You heard it here first!

Well well well, looky here. 802cat or whatever your name is. I promise you Riverdale will not dominate this game, they will lose just like everyone else has that comes here, and Cookeville will definately go on to win the state in Class 5A this year. Riverdale was lucky to beat Wilson Central, i was at the game, they won't get the "luck" this time or the "phantom" calls that they seem to get at home. Riverdales streak ends this Friday, you heard it here first!!!! Write it down. In the future get your own quote's and quit using mine. I am sure when Riverdale goes down you won't show your face on here and give anyone else credit, but thats ok. Once again Cookeville is the UNDERDOG on their home field, once again they will get no respect and once again they will earn their respect on the field in a victory! :blink:

I can assure you that we will not get the "phathom" calls we never get the calls we got called for facemask against smyrna and the same offcial didnt call the hold that made our defenders hand go up Our streak may end on friday and yall may be better than us but i can assure you it wont be because of the refs if we beat you

I wish it was friday already ive been looking forward to this game for a while now as far as the person said that cookeville has nothing to lose and RIVERDALE has everything to lose i think we both have everything to lose we both want to win state as far as our streak goes who cares it is all about winning the state that is what them boys work hard all year for winning state i hope that cookeville has the same goal so we both have everything to lose

Smyrna told us that none for the thumb mess and you see where it got them. I'm very happy that Cookeville beat WC for two reasons;

1 - i really didn't want to see WC & Riverdale again.

2 - now RHS can prove that they are just flat out better than Cookeville and their 136 seniors.

I do respect Cookeville, they have proven to be very good, but just not better than the Warriors.

When y'all had senior night, the game must of started at 9:00 after announcing all of those guys!

Actually, we had to split senior night in half. We did the other sports one friday then the football seniors the next friday and it still took up the whole half time.

I've been waiting for this game since RHS put cookeville out last year. the Cavs gave Riverdale the best fight all year, when they dominated the rest of the playoffs. I'd expect nothing but the same this year.........except for a different winner :blink:

GO CAVS!!!!!

Dont quote me on this, but i think that the home side only fits about 7000. but im sure there COULD be up to 10,000 people there. Thats why its called the 12th man ;) .

GO CAVS!!!

yeah you're way off when you say 7,000. the home bleachers might seat 4,000 -- maybe. i remember having pep rallies out there during school, and the entire school (about 2,000) took up 70-75% of the bleachers.

but there probably will be close to 10,000 people there. tentative plans are to put a bunch of portable bleachers in the end zones and wherever else they'll fit. from then, it's standing room only.

Cause he knew it would get back to you Oakland people and he would once again get to break your hearts when he stays.

This thread is about this game. It's a playoff thread. If you don't have anything intelligent to add you should go away until the off-season.

then he shouldnt be telling any1 that kind of stuff. guess he wantes the boosters 2 get started on his cash 4 xmas.

i want him 2 stay. i dont want him 2 go. i want 2 see him have to coach with his own zoned players.

now hitler, here is my intelligence. i think rhs goes down in flames. i think hennigan goes 2 the air and stops the run game 4 rhs. i think the cookvile team comes out on top. i also think everybody from the boro is 4 the cavs.