Riverdale @ Cookeville Round 3

goo goo cluster

Riverdale DID score more points AND allowed less points on WC than Cookeville did...But whatever, this is Cookeville and Riverdale.

Hopefully Cookeville doesnt get too tired of Riverdale beating them, because they will beat them this Friday and again 2 weeks from then in basketball! :thumb:

Well you are probably right about the basketball game because most of Cookeville's players will still be playing football. However i seen Riverdale at camp this summer in Gallatin and they will need to get alot better, the barely beat a Smyrna team that got smoked by Class A Clay County at the same camp so i take that back i don't like your chances in either sport. :thumb:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right yall did only allow 10 points my mistake I'm only human. I meant to say we put more points up on them and our margin of victory was greater. But like I said this is about Riverdale and Cookeville.

But yes I forgot about the absense of 2 Riverdale starters that would play in the first basketball game versus Cookeville, Kit Hartsfield and Scott Thomas! You will get all you want of them on the field this Friday you wont want anymore. Riverdale will take 2 wins from Cookevilles house in 2 different sports only 2 weeks apart :thumb:

We'll see about that . As for the basketball team cookeville will be missing 3 of their 5 seniors .1 of their 2 juniors and 1 of their 6 sophmores. so they will be very young going into the season, but this isn't about basketball its about football. i hope riverdale brings as many fans to cookeville as cookeville fans took to riverdale last year. pack the place up . i believe the cavs fans will be the 12th man and guide the cavs to a win for the ages. Hopefully the goal posts will be coming down in cookeville next firday night

We'll see about that . As for the basketball team cookeville will be missing 3 of their 5 seniors .1 of their 2 juniors and 1 of their 6 sophmores. so they will be very young going into the season, but this isn't about basketball its about football. i hope riverdale brings as many fans to cookeville as cookeville fans took to riverdale last year. pack the place up . i believe the cavs fans will be the 12th man and guide the cavs to a win for the ages. Hopefully the goal posts will be coming down in cookeville next firday night

Sure, keep thinking that. But in the meantime, look at my NEW TOTALY AWESOME SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOURS SIGNATURE. Isn't that neato. And just incase whoever runs the Riverdale website sees my sig, you can totally put it up on the website :thumb:.

2 Mr. Football candidates, 1 for the THUMB :thumb:

Edited by 802 Warrior

i believe the cavs fans will be the 12th man and guide the cavs to a win for the ages. Hopefully the goal posts will be coming down in cookeville next firday night

Here we go with the goal post again! RHS will save the school some money by winning and keeping your goal post up. And why are folks saying that Cookeville is underrated? Aren't they 2 & 3 in most polls? To me being in the top 3 is not considered being underrated.

Up to page four already and it's only Sunday morning.

I've seen the home side on the 12th man signature someone has. How is the visitor's side? Riverdale travels well...you should have seen the crowd they had in Ohio earlier this year. I'll have to admit that the 7:00 PM start is problematic. I planned a vaction day for Friday knowing that we would be traveling but I have to get my wife off work too.

Sounds like Cookeville used the same formula against WC that they have used all year....play smash-mouth, fundamental football and let the other team beat themselves. That makes Friday pretty interesting since Riverdale has made quite a few mistakes this year. We'll need to play our best game Friday.

I see a lot of wild predictions so far. This is a very evenly matched game. Both teams have a ton of seniors and both have a lot of playoff experience. It will probably come down to a turnover that will decide this game. THe Cavs were one of my top picks way back after the spring. Any team that makes the quarter-finals and returns over 30 seniors is poised to make a serious run.

Looks like some fun coming up on Friday night.

Go Warriors!!!

y did rankin tell sum people at the shs game that this was his last yr at riverdale ? has he already resigned?

Cause he knew it would get back to you Oakland people and he would once again get to break your hearts when he stays.

This thread is about this game. It's a playoff thread. If you don't have anything intelligent to add you should go away until the off-season.

Here we go with the goal post again! RHS will save the school some money by winning and keeping your goal post up. And why are folks saying that Cookeville is underrated? Aren't they 2 & 3 in most polls? To me being in the top 3 is not considered being underrated.

Well, it's not gonna matter when Cookeville knocks off not only the #2 team but the #1 team. Sorry, ya'll are gonna have to wait another year for "one for the thumb" :)

GO CAVS!!!

Well, it's not gonna matter when Cookeville knocks off not only the #2 team but the #1 team. Sorry, ya'll are gonna have to wait another year for "one for the thumb" :)

GO CAVS!!!

Smyrna told us that none for the thumb mess and you see where it got them. I'm very happy that Cookeville beat WC for two reasons;

1 - i really didn't want to see WC & Riverdale again.

2 - now RHS can prove that they are just flat out better than Cookeville and their 136 seniors.

I do respect Cookeville, they have proven to be very good, but just not better than the Warriors.

When y'all had senior night, the game must of started at 9:00 after announcing all of those guys!

Edited by Thesportsreporters

This week is going to go by so slow because im looking so forward to this game, We'll probaly set a new record attendance and hopefully get the biggest win cookeville has had in a long time . Cookeville has proven they can stop the run , but they haven't faced anybody like Gaston Miller. Hows Riverdale's passing game ?

This week is going to go by so slow because im looking so forward to this game, We'll probaly set a new record attendance and hopefully get the biggest win cookeville has had in a long time . Cookeville has proven they can stop the run , but they haven't faced anybody like Gaston Miller. Hows Riverdale's passing game ?

riverdale's passing game is solid.... not great in my opinion, but solid. antwaun smith (37) is the speedster known for breaking some ankles on flat routes and screens, and along with him are shane rollins (14), phillip stevenson (20), and julius worthington (41)... scott thomas is the quarterback and he's improved since the beggining of the season.