Goodpasture @ Camden

Lions4ever

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that camden played really well..considerin the odds....they jus couldnt preform to the topp of their game. I'm not gonna say that we deserve to have advanced if we didn't go out and perform to the best of our abilities. I would have loved to advanced but this season has been really well and i hope the rest are just like this!! I'm really proud to wear the black and gold! Thanks for a great football season guy..lets return with that attitude next season!!!

Congrats to Goodpasture on the win.....Both teams made mistakes but Camden's were much more costly! The Lions knew they had to be perfect tonite and that just wasn't in the cards. Way to go Lions! It's been a great and exciting season and we will miss a wonderful group of seniors that overcame alot to become excellent hard-nosed ball players. As far as those of you returning next year work hard you've got a lot to live up to! I'll say it again... ITS GREAT TO BE A LION THESE DAYS! I can't wait for next season! :(

First of all, congratulations to the Mighty Camden Lions on another great season. Hopefully, great seasons are becoming habit. My heart goes out to all the seniors who have played their hearts out all year long. Good luck wherever life takes you.

Thanks go out to all the coaches for all their hard work and dedication. You took a group of boys and turned them into men. Hold your heads high, the Camden fans love you, and so do the players. Stick around a while, we'll see great things happen!

Next I wanna give a big BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to all the fans who left before the final buzzer. Don't come back. We don't need you.

Lastly, congrats to the Cougars.

I don't really think the score reflected how good the game really was.

LION PRIDE!

Well glad to hear Camden held their own. The cougars are always a tuff team and it shows a lot about the Lions to not give in. I am dissappointed to hear about fans leaving early. Heard it was the same in the Lewis County game. The ones who stayed true...hats off to them. To all the players....the sun will rise tomorr. keep you heads up.

It was a good game. As everyone has said, much closer than the score indicated. Too many mistakes. Can't turn the ball over 4 times and expect to win. Too bad the kids didnt get to go out knowing they played their best game and were simply beat. There were a few questionable calls(namely the one that called back the TD). I am fairly certain a hold was called instead of an unsportsman like penalty. That is what a coach told me, and that is what I thought it was as well. I wont promise, but that is what I thought was called. It was a screen, so I dont see how anyone was be held as the only guy blocking was mirroring his defender. The rest were allowed a free release to set up the screen. The other questionable call wasn't quite as costly, but Camden had to punt as a result. A face mask on 3rd down. Josh had his helmet nearly taken off, and they only called it a 5 yard penalty. Josh then slipped on 3rd and 1 and that drive stalled.

Regardless Goodpasture is a good team that played a good game. I really hope #22 wasn't hurt too bad for them. I heard his ankle was broken. I knew he was hurt soon as I saw it. It was his own teammate that landed on his leg and wrenched it sideways. Looked very painful.