White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to find out more about ND. They have a website, but their players rosters really do not include much. No weights or heights. Who are their starters and their sizes? Who are the big playmakers? ND fans if you could give me a small rundown.

ND is big and quick. Not Pearl-Cohn big, but big enough.

Both running backs - 2 (led the city in rushing) and 20 - are small but very fast and elusive. QBs don't throw a lot - about 10 times a game, but they complete 7 or 8. Fullback/linebacker Ian Meredith is a beast. Just a grown man. Defensive line is quick, mean and hungry and they love to hit. Their physical play has dictated the outcome of several games with the constant poundng they deliver.

Secondary is solid. Kicker Jon Reinhart led the city in punting and is just as good kicking.

Really, not many weaknesses. Doesn't mean they can't be beaten. They've been penalty prone all year and give up the occasional turnover.

The key to this game, as in past games will be how WH handles the physical pounding and whether they can contain the ND running game and manage the clock. ND hasn't won a game in the fourth quarter this year. Haven't needed to.

Can somebody post directions to ND????? From Nashville??

65 south to I-24 to Chattanooga.

You'll round Moccasin Bend. Stay left toward Knoxville/Atlanta.

Take the 4th Avenue exit and go left toward 23rd St.

At 23rd, turn right toward Missionary Ridge.

Go a couple of blocks. Turn left on Dodds. Missionary Ridge will be on your right and parallel to Dodds. It's a couple of miles to Glenwood Ave (You'll pass McCallie School). Turn right on Glenwood Ave. That's it.

For reference. ND is at the base of Missionary Ridge and 3rd Street becomes Glenwood Ave

ND is big and quick. Not Pearl-Cohn big, but big enough.

Both running backs - 2 (led the city in rushing) and 20 - are small but very fast and elusive. QBs don't throw a lot - about 10 times a game, but they complete 7 or 8. Fullback/linebacker Ian Meredith is a beast. Just a grown man. Defensive line is quick, mean and hungry and they love to hit. Their physical play has dictated the outcome of several games with the constant poundng they deliver.

Secondary is solid. Kicker Jon Reinhart led the city in punting and is just as good kicking.

Really, not many weaknesses. Doesn't mean they can't be beaten. They've been penalty prone all year and give up the occasional turnover.

The key to this game, as in past games will be how WH handles the physical pounding and whether they can contain the ND running game and manage the clock. ND hasn't won a game in the fourth quarter this year. Haven't needed to.

For those of you who are not familiar with the White House football program, it was and still is built on physical football. With the exception of Pearl-Cohn (who actually played ND well until the end, but PC is notorious for being slacking off), ND has not played a 2 tight end, 3 back offense with alot of variations of it. They play spread offenses, no tight end, shotgun type stuff. It will definately be a test for BOTH teams. Throw the records out the window. When the playoffs started, everybody was 0-0. Now white house and notre dame are 2-0.

Two undefeated teams (sounds better) get to play each other, should be a good one.

P.S. If you remember from last year, WH played an undefeated Hillwood team who was picked to win by like 3 TDs or something. Not saying it is the same scenario now, i am just saying White will NOT be intimitated like everyone else who plays them seems to be.

Final Score

WH-56

HW-28

Rabble, as a short-time resident of Hixson, when traveling for work I try to catch various games when in Chattanooga. I saw the Hixson - Notre Dame game early this year, and a former colleague told me that Notre Dame's defense has literally dominated since, and has been the talk of Hamilton County with the trouncing of everyone around. How do things look for ND in the coming year?

Living in southern part of Nashville now, I've seen and read about this White House team. Comparing the two, it will be a smash-mouth game, but without knowing each other, underestimating will be a big factor. ND need not underestimate WH running back Ladd. He too is small and fast. If you keep quick defense on him, prepare for spins and jukes, he will be kept to a minimum. And don't leave him with single coverage on pass-protection. In the same breath, WH need not underestimate the pounding that the Meridith dishes out. He hits like a Mack truck from what I've seen. White House needs to not toss the ball back to Ladd on a kickoff, because ND's quickness will be on you before you get it done.

As I've said, I've seen both, and I don't think this will be a runaway, but I think as long as ND plays four quarters with good clock control, they will come away with the win. WH's line should be easier to get through than ND's on blitz's, but WH's handoff's to Ladd are quick and he comes around the ends quick.

Good luck to both teams. My prediction is that Notre Dame will move on. WH will try, but it's not easy to stop a Chattanooga locomotive like them.

For those of you who are not familiar with the White House football program, it was and still is built on physical football. With the exception of Pearl-Cohn (who actually played ND well until the end, but PC is notorious for being slacking off), ND has not played a 2 tight end, 3 back offense with alot of variations of it. They play spread offenses, no tight end, shotgun type stuff. It will definately be a test for BOTH teams. Throw the records out the window. When the playoffs started, everybody was 0-0. Now white house and notre dame are 2-0.

Two undefeated teams (sounds better) get to play each other, should be a good one.

P.S. If you remember from last year, WH played an undefeated Hillwood team who was picked to win by like 3 TDs or something. Not saying it is the same scenario now, i am just saying White will NOT be intimitated like everyone else who plays them seems to be.

Final Score

WH-56

HW-28

It may not sound good to your ear, but Notre Dame is TRULY undefeated. Although the playoffs start everybody off again at 0-0, the momentum ND has after that season to carry on to the State Title is hardly the same as being 7-5.

Edited by SuperBowlDream

Rabble, as a short-time resident of Hixson, when traveling for work I try to catch various games when in Chattanooga. I saw the Hixson - Notre Dame game early this year, and a former colleague told me that Notre Dame's defense has literally dominated since, and has been the talk of Hamilton County with the trouncing of everyone around. How do things look for ND in the coming year?

Living in southern part of Nashville now, I've seen and read about this White House team. Comparing the two, it will be a smash-mouth game, but without knowing each other, underestimating will be a big factor. ND need not underestimate WH running back Ladd. He too is small and fast. If you keep quick defense on him, prepare for spins and jukes, he will be kept to a minimum. And don't leave him with single coverage on pass-protection. In the same breath, WH need not underestimate the pounding that the Meridith dishes out. He hits like a Mack truck from what I've seen. White House needs to not toss the ball back to Ladd on a kickoff, because ND's quickness will be on you before you get it done.

As I've said, I've seen both, and I don't think this will be a runaway, but I think as long as ND plays four quarters with good clock control, they will come away with the win. WH's line should be easier to get through than ND's on blitz's, but WH's handoff's to Ladd are quick and he comes around the ends quick.

Good luck to both teams. My prediction is that Notre Dame will move on. WH will try, but it's not easy to stop a Chattanooga locomotive like them.

I don't think underestimating either team will be a problem.

ND has faced Dallas, Council, Star, Hamby, the Hixson kid, and several other top runners and come out OK.

It should be fun.

Angeleyesnest thanks for your support :o You always have such positive posts for our team. It is appreciated :D

Your very welcome!! We know how it is to be underestimated here in Macon. I always have a soft place in my heart for the underdogs so you boys go in there Friday and give it all you got!!! Now next year may be a little different wishing you guys so much luck :thumb: