White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

Well spoken, Irish. I've looked for a sports website for ND but don't find one, I've looked at WH's; I find it's interesting that they keep tally's on how many wins and losses.

against each opponent year after year. Each game is a "here and now", not what happened for the last five years, etc. Coaches know that, and so do players. Sometimes fans forget. Tomorrow night will be one heck of a game. I've lived in that area, and it's gets pretty cold between those mountains, which makes the noise less because clapping hands are in gloves, but there's always the quieter noisemakers of chattering teeth. I didn't know you guys were still in the onesided stadium. It will be a packed house.

Good luck Irish. I predict Spurlock, Cawthorne and Ian have big stats and "the wall" stands strong.

Notre Dame's website is actually very impressive. It does not contain comprehensive stat information, but it does have a lot of information, photos, roster and schedule info on athletics.

Go to http://www.myndhs.com and click the links.

As for what we do with the White House site, history is a very important part of it.

White House football started with a struggle and built into a traditional success in Middle Tennessee. We cannot forget those who wore the Blue and White with the same pride on 0-10 teams as the ones who won a state championship in the modern era. Both are important to realize how blessed we are to have a rich tradition.

It is our goal to rival what some small colleges offer in a sports information department through our football team. I think we're off to a good start, and as technology increases, we will be able to do more.

One day, we hope to have archived stats going back 15-20 years, but that's going to take some time. To enter an entire season of stats game-by-game into the new software, it takes about three nights at four hours straight.

Right now, we have detailed stats for the past four years and a historical base of records back to the program's beginning in 1943. DeWayne McDaniel gets much of the credit for the history prior to 1980 because I got all that stuff from him and put it into spreadsheets and tables.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White House football started with a struggle and built into a traditional success in Middle Tennessee. We cannot forget those who wore the Blue and White with the same pride on 0-10 teams as the ones who won a state championship in the modern era. Both are important to realize how blessed we are to have a rich tradition.

Someone get me a tissue. Everyone has rich tradition, get over yourselves. How does White House Heritage fit into that tradition. Could someone explain why there are two schools less than 2 miles apart? Is one schhol county and one school city? This topic has been touched on a few times on this board, could someone please fill in the blanks, preferrably a Greenbrier fan, so we can get the straight story without all the "rich tradition" and "pheonix rising from the fire" crap, I've gone through a whole box of Kleenex reading the story of BDP. To listen to the WH fans, we should put their struggle to achieve "traditional success" up there with the civil rights movement and the trail of tears. Someone gives us the story about WH and WH Heritage. For all of those waiting for my pick, tune in again this afternoon.

Someone get me a tissue. Everyone has rich tradition, get over yourselves. How does White House Heritage fit into that tradition. Could someone explain why there are two schools less than 2 miles apart? Is one schhol county and one school city? This topic has been touched on a few times on this board, could someone please fill in the blanks, preferrably a Greenbrier fan, so we can get the straight story without all the "rich tradition" and "pheonix rising from the fire" crap, I've gone through a whole box of Kleenex reading the story of BDP. To listen to the WH fans, we should put their struggle to achieve "traditional success" up there with the civil rights movement and the trail of tears. Someone gives us the story about WH and WH Heritage. For all of those waiting for my pick, tune in again this afternoon.

Edited: Nevermind. Ain't worth it.

Edited by letsgodevils

Well here I am Charlie. Most of the "faithful" White House fans are probably packing their cars to head to Chattanooga, while I, a Greenbrier fan, can hopefully answer your question.

The growing community of White House actually is divided down the middle by Hwy 31W, the county line between Sumner and Robertson Counties. For more years than I've been alive, Robertson and Sumner have shared the education of the kids from this area. Robertson would educate the children from K-6 and Sumner County would do so from 7-12 regardless of which county the kids lived in. I don't know the ends and outs of the exact dollar amounts but it worked out for years and years. Somewhere recently the politics began to get messed up when Sumner built their own elementary school and no longer actually "needed" Robertson's elementary. The two Robertson County elementaries, Robert F. Woodall (K-2) and White House Elementary (3-5) then had to make adjustments to accomodate the Robertson high school-age students. Woodall reverted to taking in K-5 and White House Elementary remodeled/added on to became the new White House Heritage High School that houses 6-12. They did allow the children from either side to pay to go across the county lines to school, but I'm not sure how that works now, because my kids aren't affected. White House Heritage plays football on the same stadium with White House and they share the city park field, although not very happily from what I hear. The Jr. Pro teams are filtered through the City Parks from my understanding but then as the kids grow they go into their respective high school sports program.

It has been a hard adjustment for White House citizens and everyone pretty much agreed that it's not fair to the kids or the community. Now that it's happened, I don't foresee it changing back, and therefore it seems to cause animosity between the city with two schools.

Someone may correct me, and I may be wrong on some of this, but I've been near White House all my life, in fact my oldest child attended White House until we built a home in Greenbrier over a decade ago, a move that our kids and family have loved and have no regrets. Which goes to show, I guess at some point in most everyone's life, you become a (trans)"plant" and loyalty is where the heart is. From what I've read, there are many avid BDP fans that can attest to this. :angry:

Charlie, hopefully this will help clear things up. To the White House fans that feel this is inaccurate, I apologize.

Edited by EZBeingGreen

I just find the playoff story fascinating. There is no doubt there are too many teams and too many titles. It is related, imo, to the public-private thing. Look at what it has done to wrestling. You can't convince me a good wreslter isn't a good wrestler no matter the school or it's size or whether public or private, yet we now have how many champions and how many four-time titleists.

It's a shame, but I don't see it ending anytime soon. In fact, it won't be long before all public and private schools are split meaning even more titles.

Thank you EZ for the info, that is interesting, and way to common for politicians to screw up things.

I too enjoyed the articles, thanks WHHS1975. It is a greeat acomplishment for any team to make the quarter finals. Good luck to WH and safe travel. Charlie Murphy just thinks ND is toooo much. They bend , but don't break.

Good Luck to all teams playing tonight.

Kinda on, kinda off the subject...

The private split was the worst thing to happen to TN high schools in history. Brentwood Academy started it by being caught. Now everybody is paying the price. And not just the children. It's crazy!

Also, if tuition is "7-8 grand" a year at ND, why can't you guys afford bleachers on both sides?

Sounds like y'all NEED to recruit...some students!

Kinda on, kinda off the subject...

The private split was the worst thing to happen to TN high schools in history. Brentwood Academy started it by being caught. Now everybody is paying the price. And not just the children. It's crazy!

Also, if tuition is "7-8 grand" a year at ND, why can't you guys afford bleachers on both sides?

Sounds like y'all NEED to recruit...some students!

Space brother. Just no room.

Wasn't that long ago the school didn't have a stadium and sooner still when that stadium was plenty big enough.

Does nobody believe in "IF you build it, THEY will come?"

I believe in it, but also believe in the second part, which is often left off

"If you build it, they will come, but if you stink, they'll quit coming."

Actually, there really isn't space on campus to add a visitors side bleacher and it hasn't been much of an issue. The school is in the midst of a campaign to add an athletic facility and math an science center that will greatly enhance the campus, and the visitors side space (road) will be a new building anyway.