White House @ Notre Dame

timbdp

Someone with the website/radio crew from White House needs to remind the crew that the radio is ON and chit-chat conversations are being broadcast over the internet.

The best I can tell with BAD reception is White House is 13 at the end of the 3rd. I can't understand what ND's score is but I THINK WH is ahead.

Edited by WHHS1975

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone with the website/radio crew from White House needs to remind the crew that the radio is ON and chit-chat conversations are being broadcast over the internet.

The best I can tell with BAD reception is White House is 13 at the end of the 3rd. I can't understand what ND's score is but I THINK WH is ahead.

Go to 1010 am.The game is being broadcast live. :ph34r:

I just heard the score of the game...Hey White House my hat goes off to you, I didn't like ya'll before, but now I have so much respect for you guys. Though everyone thought ya'll would dominate in 3A the year started off rough, but dangit ya'll fought back and showed what true HEART is Congratulations on a heck of a season, go get em next year.

Well, I'm home from the game and for all those unable to attend I really dont know how to explain what I just witnessed. In all of the football games I've ever seen in my life I have never seen one with officiating so obviously biased. That is putting it very lightly. We won that game. PERIOD. The players know it, everyone there knows it including the Notre Dame fans and players. Our kids punished them with the some of the most vicious hits I've seen since the 97 championship game against Melrose. We had a pass called a fumble, killing a drive, two obvious fumbles we recovered given back to them, and too many holding calls to count.

We had 11 playing 16 all night long - and they would wait until a crucial moment or a big play to throw the flag. Props to Greenbrier. You were a way better team.

This Notre Dame team is way overrated and I now see how they came to be 13 & 0. What a shame they will have to travel next week. No more home cooking...

In reality though you can't blame the players or the fans or the coaches (at least I would hope not). The officials though..... SORRY, SORRY, SORRY. They must be loyal alumni or something. Totally unbeleivable. I still can't beleived I just witnessed that.

If that had happened in White House and had been reversed I would have been ashamed of myself for being from here. What a loss - for the White House players and for the Notre Dame players. It's bad to return knowing your season is over but what must the Notre Dame kids be feeling???

There were alot of Polk Co. people there and when the FIRST questionable call was made the lady sitting next to me, a Polk Co. mother, leaned over and said "They're not going to let you win this game" referring to the officials.

I don't know if these officials were some of the same ones who officiated their games in the regular season or not, but the lady obviously knew what she was talking about. What a disgrace to the game.

To the White House players, Great season, Great game, what a shame it was taken from you by the other six players.

Unbeleivable, Totally UNBELEIVABLE.

Well, I'm home from the game and for all those unable to attend I really dont know how to explain what I just witnessed. In all of the football games I've ever seen in my life I have never seen one with officiating so obviously biased. That is putting it very lightly. We won that game. PERIOD. The players know it, everyone there knows it including the Notre Dame fans and players. Our kids punished them with the some of the most vicious hits I've seen since the 97 championship game against Melrose. We had a pass called a fumble, killing a drive, two obvious fumbles we recovered given back to them, and too many holding calls to count.

We had 11 playing 16 all night long - and they would wait until a crucial moment or a big play to throw the flag. Props to Greenbrier. You were a way better team.

This Notre Dame team is way overrated and I now see how they came to be 13 & 0. What a shame they will have to travel next week. No more home cooking...

In reality though you can't blame the players or the fans or the coaches (at least I would hope not). The officials though..... SORRY, SORRY, SORRY. They must be loyal alumni or something. Totally unbeleivable. I still can't beleived I just witnessed that.

If that had happened in White House and had been reversed I would have been ashamed of myself for being from here. What a loss - for the White House players and for the Notre Dame players. It's bad to return knowing your season is over but what must the Notre Dame kids be feeling???

There were alot of Polk Co. people there and when the FIRST questionable call was made the lady sitting next to me, a Polk Co. mother, leaned over and said "They're not going to let you win this game" referring to the officials.

I don't know if these officials were some of the same ones who officiated their games in the regular season or not, but the lady obviously knew what she was talking about. What a disgrace to the game.

To the White House players, Great season, Great game, what a shame it was taken from you by the other six players.

I've always hated officials. They should use instant replay in the playoffs.

The officials are out of Knoxville and have seen neither team. I talked to one of your people from White House and he thought the officials were bad to both teams. The only biased person I see is you but your supposed to be.

Man, what a game....... I'll admit this one hurt a little....

Congrats to ND..... They have a balanced attack on offense and a good defense. I thought the atmosphere at the game was good.... So were the Bratworst..... We all sat on one side because of the limited space they have for their field which was a little weird feeling..... Your announcer...... LOL... We all had fun yellin' at him.... B)

The game progressed nicely in the first half for us... a physical defensive battle, we were controlling the clock, and were getting the turnovers...... What I thought was the recipe for winning because we ain't gonna out score anyone..... The big play in the first half, imo, happened as we put together a really nice drive the last 8 minutes of the half...... And as Ricky Ladd completed a good run to the two yard line we were flagged for holding.......and we had to settle for a field goal for a 3 point lead instead of 7 at the half.....

Got my wish to start the 2nd..... ND misplayed the kickoff, we recover and take advantage of the short field......10 - 0...... and then a FG to go up 13...... I thought ND handled the adversity very well and they got their passing game going and scored..... and then, again imo, the 2nd big play happened..... on the extra point, the snap was bad but your holder got outside and scored two..... If we stop that play we have a tie game at the end...... HUGE.....

ND put together a nice drive to score...like I said I thought they handled the adversity very well...put them up by one.....went for two, the correct call, but we stopped 'em..... We drove late to set up the field goal and I believe we were around the 25 when we were again flagged for holding, our 2nd big mistake..... The 42 yarder was short........

I thought ND showed great sportsmanship late in the game....we held their running game in check fairly well, but #2 got loose and went for around 40 -50 yards and ND got to around our 10 and could have padded the score but took the knee the last few plays......

Great game, good teams...... And I noticed ND will get to play the other cinderella story, the Livingston team......

I've seen several games this year where the officiating is questionable----rarely to the winning team, but always to the losing team.

I'm sure it hurts to be on the losing side, but I doubt that Notre Dame was assigned the same officials for every game they won, and not every game has been at home so the fact that they won those too, makes it even more unlikely it was only officiating. I give both teams congrats. A forunate last part of the season for White House, and a good undefeated season for Notre Dame. If this was all officiating, it should play out next week when they play the next round.

Man, what a game....... I'll admit this one hurt a little....

Congrats to ND..... They have a balanced attack on offense and a good defense. I thought the atmosphere at the game was good.... So were the Bratworst..... We all sat on one side because of the limited space they have for their field which was a little weird feeling..... Your announcer...... LOL... We all had fun yellin' at him.... :thumb:

The game progressed nicely in the first half for us... a physical defensive battle, we were controlling the clock, and were getting the turnovers...... What I thought was the recipe for winning because we ain't gonna out score anyone..... The big play in the first half, imo, happened as we put together a really nice drive the last 8 minutes of the half...... And as Ricky Ladd completed a good run to the two yard line we were flagged for holding.......and we had to settle for a field goal for a 3 point lead instead of 7 at the half.....

Got my wish to start the 2nd..... ND misplayed the kickoff, we recover and take advantage of the short field......10 - 0...... and then a FG to go up 13...... I thought ND handled the adversity very well and they got their passing game going and scored..... and then, again imo, the 2nd big play happened..... on the extra point, the snap was bad but your holder got outside and scored two..... If we stop that play we have a tie game at the end...... HUGE.....

ND put together a nice drive to score...like I said I thought they handled the adversity very well...put them up by one.....went for two, the correct call, but we stopped 'em..... We drove late to set up the field goal and I believe we were around the 25 when we were again flagged for holding, our 2nd big mistake..... The 42 yarder was short........

I thought ND showed great sportsmanship late in the game....we held their running game in check fairly well, but #2 got loose and went for around 40 -50 yards and ND got to around our 10 and could have padded the score but took the knee the last few plays......

Great game, good teams...... And I noticed ND will get to play the other cinderella story, the Livingston team......

What a great post from a true fan. I know you must be hurting right now, but you took the time and effort to post and to be very fair to your team and to ND. It was certainly a bitter defeat and you have accepted it. I could not help but contrast your post on the game with that sent a bit earlier by someone called "Dogstar," who evidently saw a different game than anyone else has reported. He seemed to blame the officials for everything that went awry. Of course, the officials didn't shut down Ladd in the second half; the officials didn't cause White House to fail to complete a single pass (2-0) and to be one dimensional. The officials didn't miss the FG at the end. The officials did rush for over 100 yards in the second half (as Carthorn of ND did). He didn't seem to give your opponent credit for a second half comeback.

I watched White House defeat Melrose in 1997 (1998?) when no one gave them a chance. It was one of the best games I've ever seen, and I have always kept up with them since, watching several games. You've got a fine team, a fine program, and at least one (and I know, many) good fans. Be proud of yourselves.