Mandy Cross - 12 pts (2 threes), 4 rebs

Sarah Brewer - 9 pts (1 three), 3 rebs

Heather Duncan - 4 pts, 1 reb

Jessica Green - 3 pts, 4 rebs, 11 assts

Dava Dickson - 2 pts, 4 rebs

Obion Co. Player Stats:

Jana Roney - 24 pts, 10 rebs, 4 assts

Jennifer Davis - 13 pts, 2 rebs

Gentry Reedy - 12 pts (3 threes), 1 asst.

Bethany Butler - 6 pts, 2 rebs

Abby Reedy - 5 pts (1 three), 1 asst

Emily McGee - 3 pts (1 three), 2 rebs

Whitney Williams - 2 pts, 2 rebs

Rachel Roberson - 2 rebs.

Team Free Throws: Loretto 13 of 18 (77.8%), Obion Co. 22 of 32 (68.8%)

Team Turnovers: Loretto 11, Obion Co. 8

Team Fouls: Loretto 22, Obion Co. 18

Loretto played a well-balanced game and out rebounded Obion Co. 34-19 and had 19 assists compared to 6. Jana Cross came on with 13 of her 19 pts in the 2nd half, Leah Stone had 10 1st half points with 2 threes and 6 of 7 FT's for the game, Mandy Cross and Nikki Reed also played well with 12 each and both hit 2 threes, and Jessica Green had a great passing night with 11 assists. A good team effort.

Obion Co.'s Jana Roney led her team in points, rebs, and assists, and Jennifer Davis and Gentry Reedy also contributed well, but Obion Co. couldn't overcome Loretto's play.

Edited by PageMan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUGE WIN for Columbia Central avenging one of last year's 3 losses to South Gwinnette. I don't know if there is a better team out there on any given night as good as South Gwinnette. The Lady Lions still have alot of work to do but the win is big. Great day of basketball look forward to tomorrow night and also the Lincoln County South Gwinnette matchup tomorrow.

I thought the Tupilo Mississippii team was excellent also. Wayne Co played them hard but just too much ammo. Giles Co. better bring their A game tomorrow against Tupelo.

I believe that Tupelo, MS defeated Wayne Co. by about 15 pts. according to one of the Tupelo coaches.

It was indeed a great day of basketball, especially the last second win by Columbia over South Gwinnett, GA. I think it was #31 LaTeria Owens who hit the winning shot for Columbia.

More good games scheduled for tomorrow - come out and see.

Edited by PageMan

Hey banjodr-

Already here at the gym morning. I have got my dog, coke and pop corn right here beside me. Just sitting here waiting on the teams to arrive and start playing.

Anyways- Should be a great day of basketball again!!

Of all the games yesterday here at the Columbia Rotary CLassic, all of them were close great games except Antioch/ Giles Co.

See you at the gym!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lions Den

Hey banjodr-

Already here at the gym morning. I have got my dog, coke and pop corn right here beside me. Just sitting here waiting on the teams to arrive and start playing.

Anyways- Should be a great day of basketball again!!

Of all the games yesterday here at the Columbia Rotary CLassic, all of them were close great games except Antioch/ Giles Co.

See you at the gym!!!!!!!!!

I want to compliment the Rotary Club for having a great tournament and communicating what is happening with scores and concession facts. How you got this fine group of teams is amazing? it is a very good tournament.

maybe what is more amazing is how you got Pageman, well known CoachT stats man and widely traveled sports personality, associated with your promotion. He is well known throughout Tennessee for his factual and no frills reporting and a lot of people look for his posts. If he says its good, its got to be good.

Again, this tournament and sponsership is great for your community and We hope you continue this project.

I want to compliment the Rotary Club for having a great tournament and communicating what is happening with scores and concession facts. How you got this fine group of teams is amazing? it is a very good tournament.

maybe what is more amazing is how you got Pageman, well known CoachT stats man and widely traveled sports personality, associated with your promotion. He is well known throughout Tennessee for his factual and no frills reporting and a lot of people look for his posts. If he says its good, its got to be good.

Again, this tournament and sponsership is great for your community and We hope you continue this project.

Thanks PHargis!!! We take a lot of pride in this tourney. Looking to go to 24 teams next year.

Sat scores These are finals

Tupelo MS 54

Giles Co. 30

South Gwinnett GA 58

Lincoln Co 40

Spring Hill 45

Lebanon 43 IN OT

Anybody know how Obion County do this afternoon.... B)

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Obion won and played very good. I'm sure the game will be posted.

From a Siegel fan, congrats to a fine Loretto team for beating the Stars. It was a hard fought ugly game frought with many turnovers and fouls and neither team left anything undone. Miss Cross met her billing and while I am sure she may not met her average but she is a great player. Best of luck the rest of the year.i

Loretto....9...7....15..16.....47

Siegel.....14..5.....8..14.....41

Loretto Player Stats:

Jana Cross - 25 pts, 18 rebs, 1 asst

Sarah Brewer - 8 pts, 4 rebs, 1 asst

Nikki Reed - 6 pts, 5 rebs

Jessica Green - 4 pts, 3 rebs, 7 assts

Leah Stone - 2 pts, 1 reb

Mandy Cross - 2 pts

Beth Brown - 1 reb

Dava Dickson - 1 reb

Siegel Player Stats:

Tikedra Jones - 16 pts, 12 rebs, 1 asst

Danielle Spurlock - 10 pts, 2 rebs

Morgan Faulkner - 8 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assists

Allison Wright - 6 pts, 1 reb, 4 assts

Anna Grace Gearheart - 1 pt, 3 rebs, 1 asst

Clair Waggener - 3 rebs

Carrie Parrott - 2 rebs

Team Stats:

Rebounds: Loretto 33, Siegel 30

Assists: Loretto 9, Siegel 10

Free Throws: Loretto 21 of 29 (72.4%), Siegel 13 of 24 (54.2%)

Fouls: Loretto 24, Siegel 25

As PHargis stated, it was an ugly game with too many turnovers by both teams and a total of 49 fouls called. Jana Cross did well for Loretto and Tikedra Jones did well for Siegel. Towards the end of the game, it became a free throw shooting contest as Loretto hit 10 of 14 FT's in the 4th qtr. while Siegel hit 10 of 16. I thought this game would have higher scoring, but players on both teams did not score their usual average I guess.

Edited by PageMan