Coach mantooth Leaves FC

HoundDog55

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true. Coach Mantooth stepped down today. He is the most honorable man I have ever known and a class act. Played for Bear at Alabama and coached at Austin Peay, Vanderbilt, Cincy and Rice.

I have known Greg all my life and I can't think of a finer man. Greg and Suzy means so much to the community. I hope Coach stepped down on his own terms. He will be the assistant principal at Huntland. If Greg was force to resign, then that is ashame. Franklin Co will never find a better man or coach. Life is more than wins or losses. Coach Mantooth was a leader of young men, both on and off the field. I hope politics did not play a part in this (like it has in recent yrs with other coaches). I hope Dr Emmonds did not have a part in this.

Coach Mantooth has helped many a kid with off field problems and has an open door to any player. Many a player has been to his house late at night to talk about situations in life. I just can't stress enough on what a fine man Greg is. He took care of his assistants before he took care of himself. He is well respected and good friends with coaches such as Coach Thompson, Coach Joslin and Coach Lassiter. The man worked endless hours at the fieldhouse and on the fields at Franklin Co.

I know some of his assistants read the T and please let Greg know how much he is love and appreciated in Franklin Co. We will miss him.

Edited by RebelGeorge

Has there been any mention of candidates yet? Anyone on staff qualified to take it?

Out of respect for Coach Mantooth, please start a new thread on the possibilities of who the next Franklin Coach might be. I will post the early favorites. I would like to keep this thread about Coach Mantooth (as stated earlier is a great coach and and even better man).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Hmmmmm……doe dee doe doe….i drove the lawnmower down to practice today…….hmmmm…… we got some new faces………. One can run faster than my lawnmower in fifth gear…… a few will be disappointed come November that they jumped ship and went down to that sewage facility……. You can bet the lawnmower on that. 
    • I don't know what's going on in the town of McMinnville, but I've read this and it's disturbing.  I'm a "player" person, and I want what's best for the player. If a player gets cut off the team because she said the "F word" then good grief. I mean, come on guys. I wish there was a way for the player to transfer to a different program and just play ball. There are a lot of athletes that are stuck because they're in crappy situations regarding their team/coach. This is player just happens to be one them.
    • Won't happen. College coaches will back the coach every time and it cost this young lady her senior season. Looks like the player may be right on this one. School let her  go after one season. This stuff happens more than you think. 
    • “No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team.” For language? I’m not seeing that as a dealbreaker. 
    • Why did the coach get rehired after she was let go as an assistant by the former Warren County coach and the current AD?? Is that accurate?? I am very familiar with situations like this. Suprised lawsuits haven't happend before. If the coach unfairly let the player go, I think she has a shot because it cost her a scholarship. No college is going to offer a scholarship to a player that is kicked off of the team. Not going to happen. There are bad hires like this a bunch and kids are treated unfairly by coaches that can't coach a lick and have super long ropes somehow. Amazing how some of these coaches get hired and keep their job.