4a all-state team

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Maryville & Central should dominate any 4A all state ballot. I agree with Galyon,Watts,Courtney & Smith on the Powell side but whether you like the Red Devils or not Ferguson, Black and Cox on defense should be on any ones list. I understand untill we consistently find a way to beat one of the big three in our District we won't find much love in other fans minds. But these three had great senior years and solidified an average team into a contender in the playoffs.

Preston Smith FS, Justin Harmon MLB, Josh Hutchins OLB, Drew Hyder DB, Zac Potter OL, Brent Shaver OLB, Logan Hyatt OL, James Peterson OLB, Ryan Kennedy WR....names of interest.

Smith, Kennedy & Hyatt earned some sort of mention in All State.

Elizabethton Cyclones

Edited by GLee

Helton is a great athlete, but do you really think that he is the best QB in the state. I don't want to take anything away from him, but is he really a true QB. I have even heard other bobcat faithful mention that Kenny Cruze was a better QB. Again, I don't mean to take anything away from Zach he is a great athlete, and a really gutsy kid!

Edited by 1footballfan

they need to take central maryville and powe;; and add couplr of random players like hightower, or the halls QB, and it would probably be the hardest team to beat in the nation

From the west,

Hardin county, Milligan, and #65 DL

JCM, Borner, MLB, DE

Munford, Buck Wakefield

Melrose, Cooper, NG

Henry County, Calvin Mcnairl, Charlie Rose, Justin Israel

Kenwood, Lumpkin