Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

I like the Red Rebels (so what's new?) by 21 in this one.

Miscellaneous notes from reading this thread:

1. The Visitor Stands - we don't mind sharing the home stands like we have in the past.

2. Lawhon is the only one that I know of that's not playing.

3. Special Teams, mentioned a little, will be a big factor.

4. Both O-lines will be the key. (IMO)

5. No one can accuratly predict the weather more than 36 hrs in advance. (That's Climatologic fact btw)

6. Majority of fans on "both sides of the ball" have mutual respect for teams and coaches.

7. Maryville Red Rebels score on "D". MHSRR (Rail Road?) 45 - MWT 24.

8. Gonna miss this one...and the next.

Reguards to the Board, HTG,

Mapp

Edited by mapperman

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not fan of either team but i believe that Maryville wins this one and then wins state against melrose. I have seen maryville play against aloca this year and this team is for real. what amazed me is that they don't seem to have a star player in my mind, just a lot of really well coached players who give their all for Maryville. That being said god luck to both teams and have a Happy Thanksgiving

Ok first of all lets all get this straight! Everyone always talks about how great maryville's schedule was, What in the world was so tough about it????? Why don't lets all look at what maryville's regular season opponents records were. There combined record was 53-57!!! what in the world is so great about that?? Yeah they played Alcoa and that is about the only great team on there schedule. Central is not as good as everyone says. And as for Maryville's D being good, they are not good I watched some film on them against Central and Powell and they both moved the ball on them steadily! Maryville's D is quick but not big enough to tackle the West backs! they are quick and get off blocks good but they will not be able to stop the running game, and if some miracle happens and they do then West should be able to throw it on them because there corners bail on every single play. So everyone thinkin that West has no chance is way way wrong! And about the stats thing, West could have easily put up about 70 on a few teams but they didnt they should some class and in the playoffs when the teams scored it was on there 2nd D so they stats are not right and are way misleading! Everyone should come to the game friday and see how the Trojans are going to dominate the Rebels up front!!!

well i guess we're all experts of east tennessee football.....

..... oh yeah, there was a comment earlier about maryville having played teams that run the ball better than west.... i would like to see some numbers to back that up because west averages close to or over 300 yards on the ground every game (even in the playoffs with teams of good records)... some one also said maryville is going to crowd the line and stop the running game, do you think that that is an original idea? of course not, every team west has played this year has played this year has tried that... maryville better have something special up their sleave in order to stop the backs of west

Ok first of all lets all get this straight! Everyone always talks about how great maryville's schedule was, What in the world was so tough about it????? Why don't lets all look at what maryville's regular season opponents records were. There combined record was 53-57!!! what in the world is so great about that?? Yeah they played Alcoa and that is about the only great team on there schedule. Central is not as good as everyone says. And as for Maryville's D being good, they are not good I watched some film on them against Central and Powell and they both moved the ball on them steadily! Maryville's D is quick but not big enough to tackle the West backs! they are quick and get off blocks good but they will not be able to stop the running game, and if some miracle happens and they do then West should be able to throw it on them because there corners bail on every single play. So everyone thinkin that West has no chance is way way wrong! And about the stats thing, West could have easily put up about 70 on a few teams but they didnt they should some class and in the playoffs when the teams scored it was on there 2nd D so they stats are not right and are way misleading! Everyone should come to the game friday and see how the Trojans are going to dominate the Rebels up front!!!

LOL............have you got a surprise coming. Keep drinking that cool-aid