Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

haha !! please admit that you were not at the first game ! If you were , you definitely was not watching, because Powell's JV did not see the field . Cody Watts & Lee Smith played till the very last snap , actually scoring twice against our JV . Had to build Cody's stats up i guess . As far as 7 turnovers go ... geez , you think Maryville had anything to do with that ??

EXCUSES seem to be your specialty .

haha...and the rebel flag seems to be your issue out there in Maryville. I make no excuses. Maryville beat Powell because the Maryville coaching staff knows that the basics win ballgames. And they will continue to win because they have good coaches who know how to adjust their game to beat their opponents AND they know how to keep their players focused. However, when you think of Powell's year, think of good ole UT. Good luck to both teams playing tonight and whoever wins, may you prove that east tn football is better than west tennessee. B)

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ntheknow i guess you dont know too much...ask region 3 how strong maryville's defense is...and other than strength what was it that kept powell from the endzone from the 1/2 yard line on 4 plays...it baffles me that the best coach in the state can say that this team's backbone is the defense and they still not get the respect where it is needed from dumb posters like you...and maryville's defense may give up some big plays but the other team still does not score...thats called execution and if a team executes like that then they are good...also, the defense has to be the most scoring defense in the state...if you know of another team that has scored 10+ times on D this year(in 4A) i would love to hear about them...GO REBELS!!!

whoever the smart guy that said powell and or central couldnt beat mo-west has to be on crack. central would manhandle west just like we manhandled them. i dont think these mo-west fans have any idea how good we are. they will find out soon enough. im calling over 100 for both of our backs, and whoever is playing quarterback will surely find maples enough to give him over a hundred as well. i bet they dont score more than 14, which leaves us winning by at least 20. go rebs

What is the record between these 2 programs?

When I researched it, I could only go back 5 years and looks like Morristown West won those match ups. B)

Since know one answered does this mean they only played twice and Morristown West won both times?

ceilingfan06- The Name has nothing to do with church but I might have to watch what I say now. B) .

Game time is 7:00??

The more cocky the Maryville bunch is, the more likely the upset.

Go Mo Go

wrong, ive been cocky for this team for almost two years straight now, and i think you will find our record over that period is 28-0. its exactly the opposite actually, everyone thinks they are going to upset us, and i think we all know how that turns out. go rebs

Since know one answered does this mean they only played twice and Morristown West won both times?

MasterBlaster - you have very selective research then if you looked back at the schedules. Since 2001, Maryville and MoWest have played 7 times. Maryville is 5-2. The combined scores of those games is Maryville 189 pts, Mo West 78. That makes the average pts scored per game 27 to 11.1 If you take out the 2001 season, since nobody on either team were Freshman until 2002, it changes to 4-1 for current seniors. Also, to answer some other Reg 1 and 2 fans question, the reason we think regions 1 and 2 is so much weaker is because last year, Maryville beat MoWest 37-0 at their stadium and Tennessee High 49-0. To do a little math, that means last years record against Reg. 1 and 2 was 2-0 with a combined score of 86 to 0. Also, if you look at Tennessee Highs schedule that year, they were undefeated coming in, and had some blowout scores similar to the ones MoWest has shown. MoWest has proven they can beat Maryville, one in regular season, and once when it counted, but they have not done it consistently, and Maryville has a big edge in the series, both in terms of wins, and in terms of statistics.