HAMPTON AND TROUSDALE

KING'S NEMESIS

Trousdale fans-I need a little info. Can anyone tell me where Chad Evitts is now? I understand he made the Steelers roster a few years back and I was just wondering if he was still playing pro ball. I met him about 9-10 years ago and remember him as one heck of a football player. Thanks! Good luck to both teams this Friday!

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is absolutely pouring the snow here. I hope it continues. All that has been said and there will be plenty more between now and Friday, only one thing is for sure. There will be one heck of a ballgame played by 2 deserving teams that have the talent, that have great coaching staffs and probably the best fans in the state(could be a title for a new thread "Best Fans", we'll save that for later) We shall see how great of fans we have come Friday night. Brrrrrrr.....very cold. All the bickering and what ifs and will be's, that will all be worked out on the field. We as spectators can only anticipate and wish what we would like to happen. Either way, congrats to both teams for being top 4 in the state.....my goodness, its pouring. As fans, we must also remember how to act and react, we are the adults, set an example. Prediction to come later, weather will have an influence.

to all players; this should define how you play the game, in the words of vince lombardi:

No.1 Speech, by Vince Lombardi

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

"There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

"Every time a football player goes to ply his trade he's got to play from the ground up — from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

"Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization — an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win — to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

"It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there — to compete. To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules — but to win.

"And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

"I don't say these things because I believe in the "brute" nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle — victorious."

I am ready to hit something. :thumb:

Home :: About Vince :: Community :: Business :: Shopping :: Site Info

© Estate of Vince Lombardi c/o CMG Worldwide

2' @ my house SCHOOL will be leting out soon Snow & Freezing Rain GO DOGS D Dog

Thats interesting. How ever will you get 2' of snow and ice shoveled off that field? Cant play in 2' of snow I dont care who you are. Or do the dogs have a snow removal team? So do you think if it continues to snow, they just maybe move the game to a clear field? Just maybe, move it to TC so the game can be played. Maybe play TC on their home field. Then maybe I could go see the game since I am only 25 miles away. Yippeee keep snowing. Do you have your field tarped, or the town on the field shoveling?I wouldnt go 270 miles to watch a pro team play with free tickets. Especially in them conditions. I feel for the TC fans. Think maybe TC can find Hampton in the snow storm? Think Maybe the tour bus may be able to make it? The 278th is back from Iraq. Maybe you can borrow a few tracked vehicles TC. Sounds rough to me. Maybe TC will have to forfiet because they cant get there. Sounds interesting dont it? Lots of maybes going on now. Plans maybe changed. For the record this is my sole opinion and not that of any players coaches, or fans of TC. All rights to this statement are reserved to MO$$$$.

2' @ my house SCHOOL will be leting out soon Snow & Freezing Rain GO DOGS D Dog

Thats interesting. How ever will you get 2' of snow and ice shoveled off that field? Cant play in 2' of snow I dont care who you are. Or do the dogs have a snow removal team? So do you think if it continues to snow, they just maybe move the game to a clear field? Just maybe, move it to TC so the game can be played. Maybe play TC on their home field. Then maybe I could go see the game since I am only 25 miles away. Yippeee keep snowing. Do you have your field tarped, or the town on the field shoveling?I wouldnt go 270 miles to watch a pro team play with free tickets. Especially in them conditions. I feel for the TC fans. Think maybe TC can find Hampton in the snow storm? Think Maybe the tour bus may be able to make it? The 278th is back from Iraq. Maybe you can borrow a few tracked vehicles TC. Sounds rough to me. Maybe TC will have to forfiet because they cant get there. Sounds interesting dont it? Lots of maybes going on now. Plans maybe changed. For the record this is my sole opinion and not that of any players coaches, or fans of TC. All rights to this statement are reserved to MO$$$$.

I don't think that there is 2' of snow on the field. He may be higher up in the mountains where they could have 2' of snow on the ground. I am about 20 minutes away from Hampton as I speak and we have nothing on the ground. They are however calling for possibly 2-6 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow.....but it shouldn't be enough to hamper the big ballgame......so wishful thinking MO. It is cold here....and I can't wait. Us Bulldog fans like to watch a game in the cold! Makes us proud that our guys can go out and play as well as they do in weather like this. I can't wait until Friday either......High school football doesn't get any better than this! I hope everyone plays a good clean game and no one is injured!

GO DOGS!

We are rooting for ya! :thumb:

To all of the Hampton fans out there..... my last post was not the nicest one I could have posted....... I am sorry! BUT... I don't understand why everyone feels they must talk crap to each other (and this goes to both sides not just us or just Hampton) ..... It does absolutely no good at all..... like I said.... come Friday night, it won't matter how many posts are on here or what they say...... it all comes down to the field.... Good luck to both teams!!!

JUST WANNA SAY, BOYS YOU ARE MAKING CARTER COUNTY PROUD!

JUST LIKE THE 96 DOGS, THE 96 LANDERS, THE 2001,02,03 LANDERS, AND THE 2003 UNAKA RANGERS BASKETBALL TEAM!

WHETHER YOU WIN OR LOSE, HOLD YOUR HEADS HIGH, AND NEVER FORGET, ALL OF OUR BLESSINGS COME FROM THE LORD!

GET EM DOGS!!!

Well Said....Go Dogs...we are all behind you!!!