Union City @ Jo Byrns

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Union City wins 36-13 congrats guys way to represent west tn....

Jo Byrns congrats on a great season....Union City is a good team...yall have nothing to be ashamed of guys B)

Good job Jo Bryns on a good season. I was going for yall after yall beat Mt. Pleasant. I think that Mt. Pleasant would have gave Union City a better challege though. I will watch yall play next year. Yall made it far in the playoffs Jo Byrns, heck of a job.

Good job Jo Bryns on a good season. I was going for yall after yall beat Mt. Pleasant. I think that Mt. Pleasant would have gave Union City a better challege though. I will watch yall play next year. Yall made it far in the playoffs Jo Byrns, heck of a job.

Maybe so but JBS got the win and the opportunity. MP will have to wait. I do think UC will win it all. Even though I'm sure they have an impressive team I'm not impressed with Trousdale's schedule. Tough luck JBS, good year. It must have felt so good to get out from under the ABC schools.

I don't know much of anything about Jo Byrns at all.....But i know about Union City....Union City is very physical and has alot of speed...So I will say

Union City 35 Jo Byrns 14.....

Hope to make it to the game.....how far is it from Union City to Cedar Hill?

Good Luck to both teams....and hoping to see the Tornadoes in the 'Boro!!

Man...2 points off....I guess I knew what i was talking about B) ......

BTW where are the boys from Jo Byrns....I've had time to get home from Cedar Hill....they surely have had time to get home to get on the computer :D

Good Job to Union City!!!.....and good luck against Trousdale Co....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE !!!!!!!

I said earlier I would give a prediction on the score of the game,well,here goes...

Union City-31

Jo Byrns-14

Jo Byrns will have a good first half,but in the end the size of Union City's line and Coach Fishel's grind it out style with the running game will eventually wear down a smaller, gritty bunch of Red Devils...Union City doesn't turn the ball over and won't allow a Mt.Pleasant type comeback from the Red Devils..Union City's special teams play is solid and somewhere during the game this area of play will come up huge...Look for a big game again from Nate Coleman and D.Bracey..I wouldn't rule out a wrinkle or two from the Tornadoes...If I am wrong,I will be on here as soon as I get back from Cedar Hill and give my take..I don't shy away from stirring the pot before a game and I sure don't back down after a game..I have tasted crow and I don't like it!!!!....LOL...It doesn't taste like chicken by the way...

Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the game.....

backinthaoc has spoken...Take it to the bank....

Pretty much to a T as to how the game went...

Jo Byrns had a good first half,down only 10-7...Had some good things happen early and fed off the home crowd(1st drive of the game for a touch down and a Union City turnover on their first drive had things looking good for the Devils early)..Union City scored the field goal(kicking game playing a role)right before half..But,to start the second half after Union City elected to make Jo Byrns kick-off again after a penalty for kicking the ball out of bounds(a mistake that could have been huge)Union City drove the length of the field and took off almost 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter clock with a methodical drive to take a 16-7 lead..Then the turnovers for Jo Byrns kicked in on the next two possesions that turned into 2 touch downs to go from 16-7 to 29-7 ultimately breaking the Devils back..Jo Byrns had no answer for D.Bracey(#33) and Nate Coleman(#6)...The speed of those two backs and their hard running was awesome tonight......I thought Tyler Sherwood(#9) had a very good grasp of the game at his QB position and had a couple of very good passes that should have been caught for long gains that were dropped....Another thing that was a big factor was Cameron Sherwood(#20) and Bryce Moran(#53) filling in for John Graham(#12) on his kicking duties...The kicking game wasn't as strong of course with an all-state kicker not handling all the duties,but it didn't beat the Tornadoes...Says something for their depth...Of course another factor that I said all along would be telling was the size of Union City's line...They controlled the Jo Byrns defensive front with the mis-direction plays and also those plays to the outside where time and time again UC broke off huge chunks of yardage..D. Bracey's long run on the first play after Clay Head's fumble in the third quarter after breaking about 10 tackles was a thing of beauty..

Now to Jo Byrns....I was impressed with Clay Head..He is a very good signal caller and made some plays where I thought he was going to be dropped for losses and broke loose and completed the passes....After awhile though Union City's d-line just pinned their ears back and wore down the o-line of Jo Byrns and sacked Head a few times...The interception he threw was just a great play by Bracey and then the fumble he just didn't tuck it and he got stripped of the ball...#34 ran the ball very hard....I was also impressed with some of those fine houses on Hwy 76...LOL....

Jo Byrns has nothing to be ashamed of,they played hard and for the most part,from the stands anyway,they seemed not to be a mouthy team with any showboats...Congrats on a spectacular season,you guys just ran into a team tonight that is peaking at the right time...

Good Luck to the Tornadoes next Friday afternoon against the Trousdale County Yellow Jackets....

Pretty much to a T as to how the game went...

Jo Byrns had a good first half,down only 10-7...Had some good things happen early and fed off the home crowd(1st drive of the game for a touch down and a Union City turnover on their first drive had things looking good for the Devils early)..Union City scored the field goal(kicking game playing a role)right before half..But,to start the second half after Union City elected to make Jo Byrns kick-off again after a penalty for kicking the ball out of bounds(a mistake that could have been huge)Union City drove the length of the field and took off almost 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter clock with a methodical drive to take a 16-7 lead..Then the turnovers for Jo Byrns kicked in on the next two possesions that turned into 2 touch downs to go from 16-7 to 29-7 ultimately breaking the Devils back..Jo Byrns had no answer for D.Bracey(#33) and Nate Coleman(#6)...The speed of those two backs and their hard running was awesome tonight......I thought Tyler Sherwood(#9) had a very good grasp of the game at his QB position and had a couple of very good passes that should have been caught for long gains that were dropped....Another thing that was a big factor was Cameron Sherwood(#20) and Bryce Moran(#53) filling in for John Graham(#12) on his kicking duties...The kicking game wasn't as strong of course with an all-state kicker not handling all the duties,but it didn't beat the Tornadoes...Says something for their depth...Of course another factor that I said all along would be telling was the size of Union City's line...They controlled the Jo Byrns defensive front with the mis-direction plays and also those plays to the outside where time and time again UC broke off huge chunks of yardage..D. Bracey's long run on the first play after Clay Head's fumble in the third quarter after breaking about 10 tackles was a thing of beauty..

Now to Jo Byrns....I was impressed with Clay Head..He is a very good signal caller and made some plays where I thought he was going to be dropped for losses and broke loose and completed the passes....After awhile though Union City's d-line just pinned their ears back and wore down the o-line of Jo Byrns and sacked Head a few times...The interception he threw was just a great play by Bracey and then the fumble he just didn't tuck it and he got stripped of the ball...#34 ran the ball very hard....I was also impressed with some of those fine houses on Hwy 76...LOL....

Jo Byrns has nothing to be ashamed of,they played hard and for the most part,from the stands anyway,they seemed not to be a mouthy team with any showboats...Congrats on a spectacular season,you guys just ran into a team tonight that is peaking at the right time...

Good Luck to the Tornadoes next Friday afternoon against the Trousdale County Yellow Jackets....

Great to see you and your crew at the game tonight BackintheOC! It was great to see many of my friends from UC tonight! Just got back into Athens about 45 minutes ago. Man, it was a nice trip all the way back! It was great to see UC play for the 1st time this year. My kids are already trying to figure out how to get out of school early Friday. That might be a tough one.

Wow, I believe that Nate Coleman figuratively broke a few ankles out there tonight. For all of the roughly 85% who chose Jo Byrns in "The Big Ones" contest, THANK YOU! Please continue to keep UC on your underdog list. They seem to thrive on that. Like I said earlier in the playoffs, folks in Middle and East Tennessee continue to underestimate UC. You cannot go by record alone. I am surprised by all of the sports writers who did not pay attention to UC's schedule throughout the season. Again, that is OK.

For all of the naysayers in UC who were skeptical about "dropping" down in classification and "talent level", doesn't it feel good right now?! You are one win away from a Gold Ball. Let these kids enjoy the success and give the program an opportunity to build some spirit and pride again. Do you think these kids are thinking about the classification that they are playing in right now? If they are they have a strange way of showing it, and the same goes for the fans. :D