POST REGION ONE RESULTS HERE

porkchop103

Science Hill won the Scott Fandetti Brawl today. Ooltewah was second, Glenn NC was third, Kingston fourth.

SHHS Champs were Grant Mitchell at 119, Matt Drish at 125, Bo Usary at 130, and Damien Buchanan at 135.

Damien was outstanding wrestler in the lower weights, Chip Reed of Glenn in the upper weights.

Ooltewah is tough.

A good time was had by all.

Science Hill won the Scott Fandetti Brawl today. Ooltewah was second, Glenn NC was third, Kingston fourth.

SHHS Champs were Grant Mitchell at 119, Matt Drish at 125, Bo Usary at 130, and Damien Buchanan at 135.

Damien was outstanding wrestler in the lower weights, Chip Reed of Glenn in the upper weights.

Ooltewah is tough.

A good time was had by all.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before any rumors begin going around or anything like that, just want to let everyone know that after many 'unreconcileable differences' w/ my coach, my dad and i have decided it to be in my best interest to remove myself from the team. I hate that things had to come to that, but it happens. Best of luck to everyone in Region 1 this year.

Jeff County lost last night to Greeneville 41 -31.

Here are the results:

103 - Gr by pin.

112 - JC by forfeit (Gr - Myers still out)

119 - Gr by pin.

125 - JC by forfeit. (Gr - Ricker didn't make weight)

130 - Gr by pin.

135 - Gr by pin.

140 - JC by pin. (Gr - JV wrestled)

145 - Gr by pin.

152 - Gr by dec.

160 - Gr by pin.

171 - JC by Pin. (Gr - JV wrestled)

189 - JC by dec.

215 - JC by dec.

275 - Gr by dec.

Gr lost a team point for hitting the mat after a close match.

JC made it close at the end and it was exciting to watch.

Wow, that looks like a good dual. Did Ricker bump after missing weight? Where was Neas? I would like to have seen the Neas-Robbins match. Are you guys going to be the teams out of that district?

Not sure why Neas didn't wrestle and Ricker didn't bump.

Gr 140 - Willett was sick.

I think Greeneville is the Team in this District.

I hope to see a rematch with The Hill.

Myers, Willett, Nease out with slight injuries. Snead and Ricker did not make weight. I thought this was one of GHS' best matches because it shows their depth and put some responsability on other weight classes. Excellent showing 5 strong "V" wrestlers down.

And Jeff does have a fine team with some top level wrestlers. I am proud of our Region this year.

I've got to say I am proud of our young team and their determination and hard work so far this season. Against Greeneville, we bumped our 160 (weighed in at 155) to 171, robbins (170) up to wrestle Grecu (190) and Reliford (174) to wrestle 215. The rest of our team with the exception of 140 are first or second year guys. Yet we do have two teams that are state contenders in Science Hill and Greeneville, good luck to all.