DB Michael Beasley BA Sr

DB Zac Craig BCS Sr

DB Spencer Derrohn CBHS Sr

DB Will Thornton MUS Sr

DB Will Vaughn BA Sr

DB Josh Ware Baylor Sr

P Tyler Baker BA Jr

• 2 weeks later...

That ALL region team is so badly picked....Briarcrest only had one all state person, and the other two for their team were honorable mentions. One of the honorable mentions is going to LSU on scholarship. That doesn't make sense. And even Father Ryan's kick returner, Michael Hausman, had more touchdowns, average kick returns yards, and kick return yards than the athletes selected by the coaches for both all state and honorable mention. How is it that McCalie received at total of 18 mentions. 18 mentions means that only 4 people who played for McCalie were bad. That is impposible. I think that the All region team is way too biased by win loss records and favortisim.

That ALL region team is so badly picked....Briarcrest only had one all state person, and the other two for their team were honorable mentions. One of the honorable mentions is going to LSU on scholarship. That doesn't make sense. And even Father Ryan's kick returner, Michael Hausman, had more touchdowns, average kick returns yards, and kick return yards than the athletes selected by the coaches for both all state and honorable mention. How is it that McCalie received at total of 18 mentions. 18 mentions means that only 4 people who played for McCalie were bad. That is impposible. I think that the All region team is way too biased by win loss records and favortisim.

I think it is unfavorable and in most parts unfair. I find it hard to believe that not 1 FRHS player or BCS player is not better than 1 of those 18 McCallie or MUS player. No offense to those schools. FRHS had some awesome players who totally overmatched the guy accross from them. This is a trend thats been going on too long. I think the last time a FRHS player made 1st team was Billy May, 4 years ago. There are (and were) Ryan players who rivaled his talent but did not get recognition. Im sure if FR went 9-1 or 10-0, half the team would be on that list. Spoils to the victors I suppose.

I agree that it is odd not to have any FRHS players on the list. As Chattcity referenced a few posts back, was it an issue of the coach not nominating any players? To be honest, I don't even know how the process works - do coaches actually have to nominate players?

If I was coaching against FRHS, I would definitely be nervous of many players. Had any been nominated(if this is the case), then I think that M. Hausman would have AT LEAST been in the 2nd team. Many other Ryan players went unrecognized during the season, but proved to themselves and to each other that no matter how good a player on another team is, you can do better than him.