Best Wrestling Match

Eagles09

The oldest Simpson and a kid from Sequoayah (spelling) GA. I think his name was Leslie Morrow. It was the McCallie Finals and I think Simpson was a Freshman or Sophmore. It went down to the wire and was Simpson's only loss in high school.

Pretty sure:

Phillip was a sophomore, Morrow was a junior. Phillip avenged the loss the following year.

As far as best match, I want to talk about my favorite, and most memorable. (Excluding my own kids) 2001 D II 103 lb. finals. Jordan Leen vs Jack Silberman.

As I recall, Leen clawed back from 7 - 0 to win 9 - 7 and take his first of four championships. He either scored all of his 9, or 7 of his 9 in the last period. Without a doubt, the most amazing match I've seen. And, judging from the crowd around me, I think there are a few people out there that might agree.

Pretty sure:

Phillip was a sophomore, Morrow was a junior. Phillip avenged the loss the following year.

As far as best match, I want to talk about my favorite, and most memorable. (Excluding my own kids) 2001 D II 103 lb. finals. Jordan Leen vs Jack Silberman.

As I recall, Leen clawed back from 7 - 0 to win 9 - 7 and take his first of four championships. He either scored all of his 9, or 7 of his 9 in the last period. Without a doubt, the most amazing match I've seen. And, judging from the crowd around me, I think there are a few people out there that might agree.

Actually Jordan pinned Silberman with about 15 seconds left to win after being down 9-0 I think was the score at the time.

One of the best matches I've ever seen was last year at the Cleveland Duals between Thomas Knapp of Collins Hill and Miller of Cleveland at 130. Miller was up on Knapp 10 - 0 and Knapp started his come back and tied the match late in the the 3rd period at 15 - 15. Miller won the match in overtime 17 - 15.

One of the best matches I've ever seen was last year at the Cleveland Duals between Thomas Knapp of Collins Hill and Miller of Cleveland at 130. Miller was up on Knapp 10 - 0 and Knapp started his come back and tied the match late in the the 3rd period at 15 - 15. Miller won the match in overtime 17 - 15.

Didn't Little Knapp have a pretty good showing last night?

Actually Jordan pinned Silberman with about 15 seconds left to win after being down 9-0 I think was the score at the time.

Thanks for the correction. You are partially correct. That amazing sound came from the crowd with the slap of the mat. But, Leen had scored in the third period. Seems like time was running out, and Leen needed more than 3 to win. He was tilting Silberman, and one more near fall would not give Leen the win. The tilt led to a pin.

anyone remember the div1 HWY state finals in 2004 between crosby of greenville? and pennington of clarksville..... that was an amazing match. it went to 2ot with crosby winning off an escape, but it wasnt like most other ot hwy matches in that there was constant movement and action/reaction..... literally a complete stalemate for 7 minutes