Franklin County Job

DelTavian

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you Oakers know what is good for you....you will hold back some ribs for Lost Old dad......that gun thing is scaring me. :lol:

Logan's Huh??? Sounds delicious.....but if you had to feed the kid then......mighty expensive. I would turn GRRRRREEEEEEENNNNN if I saw that check!

Awwww, they will never see 'them'. They stay in their designated places unless someone is shooting at me. Carrying a badge for a living is something I do NOT play about.

I fed the 'clone'. Was basically simple, told them just to lead a steer by the fire and bring it to him. I feel sorry for the team as they have to feed him at least twice, Friday. They are going up EARLY.

If you Oakers know what is good for you....you will hold back some ribs for Lost Old dad......that gun thing is scaring me. :thumb:

Logan's Huh??? Sounds delicious.....but if you had to feed the kid then......mighty expensive. I would turn GRRRRREEEEEEENNNNN if I saw that check!

C'mon guys.......every thread on Coach T gets turned into a Riverdale-Oak Ridge discussion. Let's keep that talk in the proper place. By the way..........GO WILDCATS!! :thumb:

I didn't know Collins was from Franklin Co. I know Britton doesn't have any HC experience..........does Collins?

I think with the facilities they have down there and some tough hard-nosed kids, this could be another Lincoln Co. What's everyones opinion

By the way............HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

C'mon guys.......every thread on Coach T gets turned into a Riverdale-Oak Ridge discussion. Let's keep that talk in the proper place. By the way..........GO WILDCATS!! :thumb:

I didn't know Collins was from Franklin Co. I know Britton doesn't have any HC experience..........does Collins?

I think with the facilities they have down there and some tough hard-nosed kids, this could be another Lincoln Co. What's everyones opinion

By the way............HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Sorry, got off on a tangent.

Don't 'think' Coach Collins has ever been a head coach before. They haven't been given the chance as they are both on R'dales staff and a LARGE reason it has been so sucessful.

Either Coach Britton or Coach Collins would make a great head coach for ANY team that wants success. I would hate to see either of them go, but if it was a better position then I would wish them continued good fortune.

GO W A R R I O R S ! ! ! ! ! and Happy Thanksgiving to you too. :thumb:

Nine canidates have applied. I will mention some of the names in the rumor mill. There is a surprise that has not been mention. Though Dr Edmonson denies it, it is my belief that Coach Mantooth was forced out. I hope they hire a coach with class and not just football smarts. Remember, these names are in the rumor mill. Most of them have applied, but not all.

Coach Collins was once the head coach at JCM. He spent one yr as def coord at Franklin Co under Coach Mantooth.

Mike Danley, the freshman coach.

Steve Carson, former Rebels player and off coord, now an assistant at Smyrna.

Coach Britton who is applying for a lot of jobs.

Catlett, Swafford and Tracy Hayworth, who is a former Rebels , UT and Detroit Lions player who is an assistant coach at Southwest Baptist in Missouri. Cos Dematteo, a former Rebels QB, current Arena football player, whose father in law is Coach Lussier, former Ok Ridge Coach and current Father Ryan Coach.

Coach Mac McCurry, a former Rebel player and asssitant at Tullahoma, and former head coach at Moore Co and Marshall Co. Coach Mac is now a head coach in Ripley, Miss.

As previously said, this has been in the works for awhile and I believe they know who they want. I hear they will name the new coach within a couple of weeks.

A couple of fairly well known head coaches have shown interest or been contacted. I don't think this is the time to list those names, but they are good men.

Del, Coach Colquette did apply 5 yrs ago, but I am sure he will not be the new coach at Franklin Co.

The new facilities are great and the supplement is now up to par. A couple of good assistants are in place. Coach Mantooth was short 2 assistants this past yr. The Rebels booster club is very solid and the community will support the program. We need a hard working coach who is a c lass act and gets out in the community. Hopefully, he will have strong discipline and not get too close to the parents and allow them to have a say so in who plays what position.

Coach Mantooth is a great football coach and a class man. Good luck to him and Suzy.

I think Collins is from West Tennessee. And if Franklin County considers Jim Swafford, then just remember - His record OFF the field speaks for itself.

Did yall forget that Collins left Franklin Cty to go to Riverdale??? He was the DC there and well-respected from what I hear. I say he has a good shot at it. I also figured Carson would try to go back there. I am not sure that he is so happy in Middle TN.

Edited by 2priceless