Cookeville-Cumberland County

PHargis

Cumberland girls still looked bad last night. They played selfish. There are too many girls on the team that want to score and have minutes. I heard that parents were calling the coach already and getting on to him about minutes. That is ridiculous. That Cumberland team could easily win the state but must quit turning the ball over, run at least one play per game, and play more as a team. They truly are something special but I believe some people think a bit too special.

Cumberland girls still looked bad last night. They played selfish. There are too many girls on the team that want to score and have minutes. I heard that parents were calling the coach already and getting on to him about minutes. That is ridiculous. That Cumberland team could easily win the state but must quit turning the ball over, run at least one play per game, and play more as a team. They truly are something special but I believe some people think a bit too special.

Im going to partially agree with this individual who is obviously not very familaiar with coach Smith's program. The Lady Jets have had a prolem with turning the ball over early on in this season, but that TO problem was corrected in the 2nd half of the cookeville game in which the Lady Jets only had 5 turnovers!!! And Im in complete disagreement with the hearsay about parents questioning the Lady Jet coaching staff about playing time. As of now the Lady Jets are improving and starting to play more as a team. I look 4 a couple of blowouts in the Thanksgiving Classic! :lol: