Black Horse Invitational

HoustonCoach

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as weight is concerned, I don't know. If there was it would be on the information sheets sent out to the coaches. That is not my area of expertise with this tournament.

Consecutive days of competition gets you a pound each day for a maximum of 2 pounds. Someone is wrestling Thursday night at scratch, Friday the tournament gets 1 pound, Saturday the tournament gets 2 pounds. The weight allowance is capped at 2 pounds for consecutive days.

just can't play the dumb guy can you..... :blink:

just can't play the dumb guy can you..... :thumb:

You know how it is. I never reveal to my athletes when they get weight. If teams need to know they can ask their coaches. If those coaches did not want them to know then it should be kept from them. Anyway, I really did not know if there was any weight for Friday. I am assumming that Roadrunner Ronnie was going off of the information sheet we sent him.

News flash- even though there might be a match the night before the tournament, this doesn't automatically mean everyone gets a pound for the tournament. The coach of the team who wrestles the night before must have contacted the tournament director and notify them of the situation. That coach must give the tournament director enough time to contact the other schools in that tournament. I don't know this for sure but I have been told that each school must have at least a 48 hour notice before the tournament or no one gets the additional weight. So I guess, one must not assume any pounds will be allowed at the tournament unless his coach tells him so.

News flash- even though there might be a match the night before the tournament, this doesn't automatically mean everyone gets a pound for the tournament. The coach of the team who wrestles the night before must have contacted the tournament director and notify them of the situation. That coach must give the tournament director enough time to contact the other schools in that tournament. I don't know this for sure but I have been told that each school must have at least a 48 hour notice before the tournament or no one gets the additional weight. So I guess, one must not assume any pounds will be allowed at the tournament unless his coach tells him so.

That's correct. I did see the information sheet sent out and it does indicate the allowance.