Boo for Mr. Football

DeeVon

His high school career may have ended Friday night, but Boo still has the opportunity to win Mr. Football. I know Dustin Lindsey is probably the favorite since he has better numbers this year because Boo had several injuries, but Boo is a phenomenal football player and I feel his is the most deserving finalist. Boo is a fine young man and will make all the people in Huntingdon proud for years to come.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His high school career may have ended Friday night, but Boo still has the opportunity to win Mr. Football. I know Dustin Lindsey is probably the favorite since he has better numbers this year because Boo had several injuries, but Boo is a phenomenal football player and I feel his is the most deserving finalist. Boo is a fine young man and will make all the people in Huntingdon proud for years to come.

I'll second that....BOO FOR MR FOOTBALL!!!

Honestly the player who probably deserves it the most and gets no credit is Markei Guy of Westview. He carried an average team to a region championship and 2nd round of the playoffs. His line is not very good but still managed to pile up the yards all year long. He is more valuable to his team compared to the other two. Whoever wins the award will be a great choice but also two young men will be left empty handed.

I wish Boo the best, and I hope he wins it, but I know he is the underdog. Him and Guy remind me of Warrick Dunn, maybe small in size but big in heart and they more than get the job done. But it always seems like players around here get shafted in the Mr.Footbal race, Jonathan Deberry had 14 solo tackes 20 total, 1 INT, and 1 forced fumble against Lipscomb alone and he is still an underdog. Good Luck Boo and Chris.

Edited by montague1

Honestly the player who probably deserves it the most and gets no credit is Markei Guy of Westview. He carried an average team to a region championship and 2nd round of the playoffs. His line is not very good but still managed to pile up the yards all year long. He is more valuable to his team compared to the other two. Whoever wins the award will be a great choice but also two young men will be left empty handed.

What are Markei Guys stats on defense, ie. interceptions, tackles ect.

After giving it some thought, I agree with you Gerry. Westview had very little above average talent other than Guy. Yet, he put that team on his back and took them to a region crown. I know they were disappointed in the playoffs but that can happen when a team is so one dimensional that all opposing teams focused soley on him. When some of your teamates have off nights that causes you to get beat. I really think Westview will be an average team next year. JMO!! Good Luck to Boo in the award presentation. He has had a great run at Huntingdon. :thumb:

boo did not have more rushing, carries, or touchdowns than guy or lindsey so how does that qualify him as a winner... just because he is a good person? IMO markei and dustin got shafted this yr ... i think this is because the jackson sun always is on the huntingdon bandwagon... they are constantly talkin about him or donald... i wouldnt have been upset if i dustin would have won just because he is probably going to win his team back to back state championships and play at UT but boo? c'mon he didnt play in like 4 games... there is no way that he deserves it this year... i thought he had a better yr last yr than this but i mean what do i kno im just a bias westview has been... well maybe i am but what im not is stupid and if u look at the #'s boo was least deserving of the 3... so lets hear all the huntingdon ppl say oh u are just mad cuz he beat markei... yes and no... i just think that markei out played boo this yr and he and dustin should have been the only two even considered but im sure all the great sports writers at the jackson sun kno best :thumb:

Just to let you know boo didnt win it just bc of his offense stats. In the past 3 weeks alone he had 5 ints. He was a lot better db than rb.

Postseason has nothing to do with this award. IMO the Mr. Football has become a joke. It goes to the guy who gets the most hype from the media and not the most deserving. All the back in 2A are great individuals and have many reasons they should win the award but Guy like I said earlier took an average team to the region championship in a very tough region. Boo has a great line to run behind and Donald as another weapon, Alcoa is loaded with weapons, Westview only had Guy.

Postseason has nothing to do with this award. IMO the Mr. Football has become a joke. It goes to the guy who gets the most hype from the media and not the most deserving. All the back in 2A are great individuals and have many reasons they should win the award but Guy like I said earlier took an average team to the region championship in a very tough region. Boo has a great line to run behind and Donald as another weapon, Alcoa is loaded with weapons, Westview only had Guy.

agree