Boo for Mr. Football

DeeVon

Everyone needs to quit whining and just take it as it comes. Westview wins a few games and now they think they deserve every award there is to offer. I think they have realized that next year it's back to REALITY! (An average program) Kinda like UTM :thumb:

Just to give you something to think about: Could Markei start in Huntingdon's backfield? NOPE!!!

If you could replace Markei with either of Huntingdons backs which would it be... BOO or CHRIS?

I SAY NEITHER!!!! POINT PROVEN!!

Congrats BOO......... Way to GO!!

GO STANGS!!

hey reigny did u go the gp game are they really that good

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone outside of Carroll Co. seems to think Lindsey or Guy should of won the award. Weathers is a great talent no doubt, but he isn't the best player in his own backfield much less the best back in the state in 2a. Just cause you put up great stats doesn't mean you will win this award as it has proven in 2002, 2004, and 2005 in 2a.

First off congrats to all three nominees.

Boo won this award because......

He was nominated as a finalist last year.

He has been exposed to the whole state the last three years.

(2 championship game appearances and a semifinal)

He has been dominant as a starter on offense, defense, and special teams.

He has had a great year while playing at about 70% all year.

#1... Because he is an OUTSTANDING young man.

Everyone outside of Carroll Co. seems to think Lindsey or Guy should of won the award. Weathers is a great talent no doubt, but he isn't the best player in his own backfield much less the best back in the state in 2a. Just cause you put up great stats doesn't mean you will win this award as it has proven in 2002, 2004, and 2005 in 2a.

Obviously not Gerry...or he wouldnt of won now would he?

Please dont tell us that the Carroll News Leader and The Jackson Sun had enough votes to pull this one out. :thumb:

Gerry and all others...

Don't even think that Martin Westview was an average team. They were loaded with seniors and a line that had started since they were sophomores. The Mustangs had 4 starters on the line that had never taken a snap in varsity play. Huntingdon only had 1 returning starter on the o-line and go 12-2. Boo gains 1200 yards and sits out 1 game and half of two other games because of injuries plus only carried the ball 2 times in a fourth game. He played hurt since the Westview game. Boo struck fear in every team he played against when he touched the ball; rushing, receiving, kickoffs or punt returns. He never came off the field. NEVER. Nobody mentioned how many interceptions he returned for td's. Never came off the field and never complained when the carries switched to Chris because of his injuries. He never "dogged it" or took plays off while on the field either.

If Boo had Westview's veteran line he would still be running this Friday night. Westview's line gave us fits in 03'. We knew they would be good this year. Your thoughts on them being average with over 20 Seniors is lame man lame....

I guess the people who vote on this award have no idea what they're voting on. Three are nominated and one wins. I'm sure everybody thinks their daughter is the prettiest girl in school too. Lots of voters saw him play in the Championship game last year where he had a career game in one night. People across the State know "Boo". At the UT camp this summer several players from Alcoa wanted to come over and meet Chris and Boo and they became friends the short time they were there..

Gerry... It's strange too that Shiverdecker (sp) of Alcoa was not nominated for Mr.AA football while being a 5-A nominee last year. What gives? Is he bellyaching too?

Pick another subject to put your thoughts to work. Don't post about something you only "think" you know about. You've had some quality posts in the past but you dropped the ball on this subject... :thumb:

One last thing... Talk to "Boo" and he'll give all the credit to his O-line, his coaches and his parents. He's what a Mustang is all about.

hey reigny did u go the gp game are they really that good

Goodpasture is TALENTED but not as good as one would think. They ARE big but play smaller than they look. I think they left it all on the field last friday. They were playing above their potential. The size of the defesive line made the difference in the game. Not as far as whipping on Huntingdon's offensive line but Cody seemed to have problems seeing recievers down field on straight dropback passes (linemen were taller than any linemen in 7-2A. Out of the pocket Cody accomplished more. He did great using what he had. More rollout passes would have made a difference. On straight drop backs if the primary reciever was covered there was no chance to see the No. 2 receiver. Swing passes would have been excellent calls to keep them honest.

Offensively... IMHO.... I think the same way.... They are bigger than they play. Misdirection with the Wing T... Put a big body in the way and let the back FIND a hole. Their offense is more of let the back PICK and CHOOSE. The O linemen didnt really attack the D line they just kinda got in your way and tried pushing you around.

Overall they played hard and spent it all and still only won by 3 points. But they Did beat us.

Not taking that from them. they did what had to be done.

If they were in 7-2A they would be a 3rd or 4th seed.

EXAMPLE:Goodpasture played the role of Gibson County and Huntingdon played the role of Westview.

Alcoa will beat them by AT LEAST 21 points.

GO STANGS!!

Edited by Reignydayz

Goodpasture is TALENTED but not as good as one would think. They ARE big but play smaller than they look. I think they left it all on the field last friday. They were playing above their potential. The size of the defesive line made the difference in the game. Not as far as whipping on Huntingdon's offensive line but Cody seemed to have problems seeing recievers down field on straight dropback passes (linemen were taller than any linemen in 7-2A. Out of the pocket Cody accomplished more. He did great using what he had. More rollout passes would have made a difference. On straight drop backs if the primary reciever was covered there was no chance to see the No. 2 receiver. Swing passes would have been excellent calls to keep them honest.

Offensively... IMHO.... I think the same way.... They are bigger than they play. Misdirection with the Wing T... Put a big body in the way and let the back FIND a hole. Their offense is more of let the back PICK and CHOOSE. The O linemen didnt really attack the D line they just kinda got in your way and tried pushing you around.

Overall they played hard and spent it all and still only won by 3 points. But they Did beat us.

GO STANGS!!

dang by 21 shessh lol oh well im still pulling for gp to beat alcoa

GO STANGS!!

oh well #19 still a man amongst boys

EXAMPLE:Goodpasture played the role of Gibson County and Huntingdon played the role of Westview.

I'M PULLING FOR ALCOA

Gotta root for Dustin, Rae, and Brandon. Those guys have become great friends to Boo and Chris this year. They always look for each other to hang out at camps and school visits to laugh and talk as if they were on the same team. They wanted to meet up with Huntingdon again in M'BORO. That group has gotten really close since the Championship game in 04.

Edited by Reignydayz