Boo for Mr. Football

DeeVon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EXAMPLE:Goodpasture played the role of Gibson County and Huntingdon played the role of Westview.

I'M PULLING FOR ALCOA

Gotta root for Dustin, Rae, and Brandon. Those guys have become great friends to Boo and Chris this year. They always look for each other to hang out at camps and school visits to laugh and talk as if they were on the same team. They wanted to meet up with Huntingdon again in M'BORO. That group has gotten really close since the Championship game in 04.

But Guy didn't play in the Gibson County game. That is why they got beat and why they are an average football team without him in the lineup. JMO

boo has been hurt pretty much all season long too though

I know he has, which goes to support another post made earlier by Gerry who is getting slammed for it. It only goes to support the case for Guy, he couldn't play and his team went down to an opponent they should have beat. GC had a great year for them but if Westview was such a seasoned team with great senior leadership they should have beat GC without Guy. JMO.

I congratulate Boo on winning the award. I am sure he is most deserving as were the other nominees.

Obviously not Gerry...or he wouldnt of won now would he?

Please dont tell us that the Carroll News Leader and The Jackson Sun had enough votes to pull this one out. :thumb:

I am saying on this board and I am willing to bet most people on this board are more knowledgable about these backs than the writers who vote on it. I don't know the Jackson Sun has a man crush on Huntingdon and Carrol County.

I am saying on this board and I am willing to bet most people on this board are more knowledgable about these backs than the writers who vote on it. I don't know the Jackson Sun has a man crush on Huntingdon and Carrol County.

I think your just a little too stuck on running backs, thats not what the award is for as it has been explained to me.......its for "back of the year" including defensive back play, using this philosophy BOO is clearly the choice. Guy is a great runner but didnt play defense and Lindsey is considered a lineman on D.

But Guy didn't play in the Gibson County game. That is why they got beat and why they are an average football team without him in the lineup. JMO

I agree with you that they were, but they shouldnt have been with all the kids that had been starting since their sophomore year.

I know he has, which goes to support another post made earlier by Gerry who is getting slammed for it. It only goes to support the case for Guy, he couldn't play and his team went down to an opponent they should have beat. GC had a great year for them but if Westview was such a seasoned team with great senior leadership they should have beat GC without Guy. JMO.

I congratulate Boo on winning the award. I am sure he is most deserving as were the other nominees.

ok lets see if all of the huntingdon football gods kno even a little of what they are talking about... markei didnt play against GC so tucker comes in and plays a great game for his first time we get up 31-14...( but i dont guess westview could score points without markei) oh and by the way josh williams got hurt the 1st play of the game as well... they throw 3 bombs in the last 3 minutes of the game... how would markei have helped us if he didnt play defense? another example... usj game markei played a qtr and half maybe... tucker once again steps up and we score 28 ... just goes to show u we didnt have to have markei to score points... by the way if u want to call westview average go ahead but this average team beat huntingdon the past 2 yrs and i think next yr the srs will keep the streak going...if u were wondering i did play on the offensive line... i was the captian of the team and maybe this is y im taking this so personal but oh well think what u want ... :thumb:

Edited by westviewchargers64

A couple of the posts on here make me think that some of ya'll are under the impression Duck was a finalist last year...he was completely overlooked last year! As for Brandon's character: He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. This isn't a guy who's out running the streets; he's a good student and has plenty of character. He just happened to have a couple of unfortunate bad decisions this year (with some help from the refs). I don't mean that he shouldn't have some of the blame; he should've realized he had a huge target on his back from game 1 of the season. He's extremely passionate about football and basketball. Like I said: one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

Congrats to Boo...I'm sure he deserves the award!

I think your just a little too stuck on running backs, thats not what the award is for as it has been explained to me.......its for "back of the year" including defensive back play, using this philosophy BOO is clearly the choice. Guy is a great runner but didnt play defense and Lindsey is considered a lineman on D.

I agree with you that they were, but they shouldnt have been with all the kids that had been starting since their sophomore year.

Without a doubt, Boo is one of the best DB's I"ve ever seen in high school. That kid was a good DB as a sophomore.