Mr. Football

extremefury

For those of you who have not seen the G-Man run click the Spencer Gulmire runs tag.

BTW- These are the runs that broke the ORHS rushing records and ranked 3rd in the state records. Thats against one of the top 5 defensive teams in the state.

I'm sure they all deserve the award. However, it's according to what type of runner you like. If it's power and speed than G if it's quickness, flash and speed than it's Gaston.

It's the differance between a Walter Payton or a John Riggins Both great at what they did and brought championships to their teams.

phf-aafx028.gifriggins.jpgSpencer Gulmire Runs

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit being so nice! :thumb: It confuses me! :D Let's hope the similarities to 1991 continue. In 1991, Shawn Summers and Oak Ridge beat Central lead by Todd Helton in the state semi-finals (probably the best HS game I've seen). Todd Helton won Mr. Football the Monday after the game. Oak Ridge beat Gallatin 30-0. I'm sure Spencer could live with history repeating itself. Go CATS!

You hit it on the Dot!!! And was the greatest HS game if all time, I still talk about it!! :huh:

Quit being so nice! :thumb: It confuses me! :D Let's hope the similarities to 1991 continue. In 1991, Shawn Summers and Oak Ridge beat Central lead by Todd Helton in the state semi-finals (probably the best HS game I've seen). Todd Helton won Mr. Football the Monday after the game. Oak Ridge beat Gallatin 30-0. I'm sure Spencer could live with history repeating itself. Go CATS!

You hit it on the Dot!!! And was the greatest HS game if all time, I still talk about it!! :huh:

I think SG deserved to win Mr. Football. Not saying that GM didn't. I know SG and his family. SG is a great young man. Not only on the football field but in the community also. I think this award would have helped SG in his recruitment. For such an outstanding football player he hasn't really recieved much D-1 respect. GM has a scholarship in hand. SG doesn't. SG was not even in the News sentinal's top 25 prospects in the state. THAT IS GARBAGE!!!!!! COMPLETE GARBAGE!!!!!!! A crime against humanity. I believe that if he won the award some more schools might take him serious. I really hope an SEC school comes in here and takes a chance on him.

Congratulations to Gaston Miller. He is a very good running back on a very talented team, with an offensive line that most backs could do extremely well behind.

I think that TC Jennings was overlooked for his value to his team.

Bottom line... if you put Gaston Miller behind Ravenwood's line he gains 800-900 yards.

Put TC Jennings in Riverdale's backfield and they are still playing!

16356_256.jpg

Man, check out that picture. What STUDS! :lol: haha

Congrats again to all of them for the honor of being finalists and for leading their teams to at least the semi-finals! Maybe there's argument over who should have been the winner (putting one above the others DOES seem like such a shame in this case), but the fact is all of three of them definitely deserved to be finalists. Congrats to Mr. Gaston Miller!! And to Spencer and TC!

i personally believe that spencer gulmire should have won tis award. i mean he runs wild twice against a farragut defense that was being lead by a Mr. Football finalist in Nick Reviez and brought his A game against a Riverdale defense led by Mr.Football Finalist Tamar Butler.bottom line is, and not taking anything away from gm, spencer should have won this award.