california coach caught cheating on tape

lazarus

i dont know how to do a link,

but the story is that an assistant football coach in california was caught, on a game tape, moving a yard marker so that his team would get a crucial first down.

he was given a 1 year suspension from coaching, but retains his special ed position.

he stated that he only expected a 2 game suspension.

he had been coaching at the school for 23 years.

i think he should be permanently barred from coaching.

what do ya'll think?

maybe someone more computer literate can link to the story.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but the story is that an assistant football coach in california was caught, on a game tape, moving a yard marker so that his team would get a crucial first down.

he was given a 1 year suspension from coaching, but retains his special ed position.

what do ya'll think?

I dont think that he should be banned permenantly from coaching, just suspended for the rest of the season. But when he gets back to coaching, he should have to wear a shirt that says idiot across the middle. :lol:

I dont think that he should be banned permenantly from coaching, just suspended for the rest of the season. But when he gets back to coaching, he should have to wear a shirt that says idiot across the middle. :D

hmmmmmmmm.......not sure what should be done, but when you think about it what is the coach teaching his players??? :lol:

I am certainly not an advocate of cheating, but a permanent ban is pretty severe. He cheated and should be punished. Many coaches (and people in general) cheat in some form or another. If all coaches who have ever cheated or tried to gain an unfair advantage were banned for life, a lot of coaches would be in other professions.

If someone speeds in their car, should they be banned from driving for life? How bout DUI....banned for life?

When folks get on a soap box like this and everyone starts piling on, it always strikes me how much greater everyone else's sins are than our own.

As for what he's teaching his kids, no one is good for nothing. Anyone can serve as a bad example. There is a lesson to be learned there.

My .02 worth.

I am certainly not an advocate of cheating, but a permanent ban is pretty severe. He cheated and should be punished. Many coaches (and people in general) cheat in some form or another. If all coaches who have ever cheated or tried to gain an unfair advantage were banned for life, a lot of coaches would be in other professions.

If someone speeds in their car, should they be banned from driving for life? How bout DUI....banned for life?

When folks get on a soap box like this and everyone starts piling on, it always strikes me how much greater everyone else's sins are than our own.

As for what he's teaching his kids, no one is good for nothing. Anyone can serve as a bad example. There is a lesson to be learned there.

My .02 worth.

i believe thats the most thought out post iv read all year, spectacular insight :)

maybe i should clarify.

i dont think he should coach again, at THAT school.

if someone else wanted to give him a coaching job,

that would constitute a second chance.

and sure, we have all messed up at some point.

deliberate cheating is more than just messing up,

and the cost should be high.

Why was he running the chains anyway? Or was he actually on the chain gang?

Thats what I've been wondering too. If he wasn't the guy working the chain should be in more trouble than the coach. But I don't understand why the coach would be working the chain gang. I know in all of the games I've played in, there is always someone that has been hired or is volunteering to work chain gang.

what do ya'll think?

Caught On Tape: Coach Cheats During High School Game