Bolivar vs. Jacksonville Arlington Country Day..any predictions?

MentalTownBaller

Oh come on - is this the same almighty Bolivar that has been touted as the greatest team ever??? Believe me we aren't shedding any tears for Bolivar. You know they are good, but maybe it is getting in their minds that they are just so great they don't deserve to be in the state with rest of us.... Now don't be going ballistic on me, but you got to admit once you get the big head you are primed for a down fall. Bolivar will be in the top bunch surely, but maybe not quite as dominate as everybody thinks or maybe should I say FEAR???

No doubt bolivar didn't start out the way they are capable of but that is no excuss. My opinon is that 4 players cannot bet 5 players esspecially when the team with 5 are the #10 ranked team in the nation and the #1 team in the south. Willie and Wayne did their parts as well but playing short handed it is hard to compete if any of you who are posting was at the game you know exactly what I mean. I'm not making any excuses for bolivar but if a fan from another school turn and ask you if a certain player the coachs son that says alot. Bolivar is where they need to be and is competing with some of the best talent in the nation and to only lose by 2 points that is very impressive to me.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexington won 62-61 yesterday and they were down by 12 going in to the fourth quarter. Bolivar is a very good team and lost to another very good team. The trash talk needs to stop in this district, we have three good teams that can play the games theirselves without you guys talking bad. Talk bad if your team blows another one out but if they play you a good game give them their respect. I am a Liberty fan through and through but yesterday I was on my feet cheering for the Bolivar team that represented district 12-AA very well.

Lexington won 62-61 yesterday and they were down by 12 going in to the fourth quarter. Bolivar is a very good team and lost to another very good team. The trash talk needs to stop in this district, we have three good teams that can play the games theirselves without you guys talking bad. Talk bad if your team blows another one out but if they play you a good game give them their respect. I am a Liberty fan through and through but yesterday I was on my feet cheering for the Bolivar team that represented district 12-AA very well.

Well said brother I am a Bolivar fan and if we dont 3-peat I am pulling for Liberty

This has to be one of the most unintelligent posts I have ever seen. Clearly made to try to start something on here. I am not a Bolivar fan, just a fan of good high school basketball.

Just so you know, in the Hoopfest they try to match teams that will be close games. That is why they paired 2 teams, that both were watching the state tournaments last year, Lexington and Graves County. And then they paired teams that were state champions like Brentwood Academy and South Laurel, Bolivar and Arlington Country Day, Ridgeway and Glenbrook. And by the way Arlington Country Day is not just a state champion, but ranked in the top 10 nationally, last year and currently. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/basketball/super25.htm

Now last year, I went to watch and they matched Bolivar with a local team, Marshall County. Bolivar would've beat them by 50 if they didn't slow it down and play the 4 corner offense, and I still think Bolivar won by over 30. Against the same Marshall County team that split last season with the feared Graves County team. I honestly thought before this tournament that Bolivar would win in a close one, I was wrong. I thought Lexington and Union City should handle the teams they play easily. Not sure how those went yet though. By the way, Lexington is not underrated or overrated, they are just the number 3 team in their district according to most people who unbiasedly, and knowledgeably, rank the teams around here.

'Svebakken'

Apparently you are another self declared expert on the game. As for starting something, I think your need to read the threads throughout coacht – Lexington gets a constant berating about being an overrated and distant third to magnificent Liberty and Bolivar. You are being indirectly polite, but directly impolite by saying the same junk – Lexington is third (oh I can hear it a distant third and they will be lucky to be even in the game against Liberty) and then saying that the EXPERTS that really know the game have Lexington correctly ranked third. Well if that is so, why don't they just start the state championship games and forget all these nonsense games we have to play in the district. Why don’t you wait and see maybe??? I find it interesting that you say that Lexington should have won their tournament game easily, but they only won by 1 point – ummmm??? That is my feeling about Lexington also that they should win and win big in many games, but like in the past – we play teams like McNairy and basically wipe them out at the beginning of the season only to find out that at the end of the season we can barely beat them!!! As for trying to start something – I’d rather go in with little kick about me – you know like Bolivar does when they come in our gym – no matter how crowded it is, they make sure they run around the court right in front of everyone – strutting their stuff – I get it, and so does Gardner – it the fear factor. Well I ain’t trying to start anything, but frankly we need to come out on the court and I don’t care if the gym is packed to the GILLS we need to run the court right in front of them also. We need to come out playing that super aggressive hard nosed defense off the front end, where the refs don’t call it because they say “oh that is just the way the game is playedâ€. Tempo and intimidation is part of the game and that sly old dawg Rudesill knows it. By sending his team around the gym when it is packed (in other words his athletes run right through the middle of ours while we are warming up), it is like sending a subtle message to the opponent – look at this stuff and we are about to be all over you. Next thing you know you are on the court with them and they are all over you. I hear you now – why doesn’t Lexington just go ahead and take its medicine – lay down and get beat. I know you might not believe this, because most of horses have been put in the stall and not trained while one gets all the spot light, but we do have a good team with good athletes and if they are trained and motivated properly we will be able to compete at the higher levels (why do you think Bolivar competes at the higher levels year in and out – they don’t just grow athletes in Bolivar alone (if they do, tell us where to get the plants) - one answer and that is Rudesill – it should be against the law for one guy to take both girls and boys to the state playoffs. My hope is that we are revved up and read to set the pace of the game immediately – we need to send a message of strength, not begging for a win. Willie and Wayne are good players – but you know sometimes they don’t just impress me as being what they think they are "super stars", they have weaknesses and Gardner should figure it out. I think Gardner would do well to tap Leasure's thinking about how to play aggressive ball.

Baseballa28 - I find your comments interesting. It seems you have to constantly tell everyone that you are from Liberty , ummmm???? Are you really, really sure you are from Liberty???? Are you that snake oil sales man I met last week????????

BigWebb - What are you going to do if it is Lexington? You sure didn't mention them in the same breath. We are underdogs and I kind of like that. Go ahead, have your fun. But when we come out and surprize you, I am going to have a field day with the whole group of you!!!

Edited by hackashaq

Hackashaq, I'm sorry if I sounded like I was insulting your boys. I am in no way saying that you all don't have talent. I just don't think you guys are as good as dribblingsamuraiwarrior thinks. It is people like him that make it hard to pull for Lexington. He has been gone for awhile, and I was almost to the point where I could possibly pull for Lexington, and then you go and bash Bolivar. Who has earned the respect they have. They are number 1 until proven otherwise simply by winning consecutive titles. Not by getting on here and talking smack. I have never heard anyone from Bolivar say they are too good for the TN teams. They say they are the best because they have earned that right. I think they are number 1, but they can be beat. I have said on another thread that I think Liberty or Haywood could beat them in the next week and a half, I could be wrong. I have been before. Maybe Lexington will prove everyone wrong. If they do, congratulations. Now in a tournament like the Hoopfest, I was pulling for all Tennessee teams, even Lexington. And if Lexington shocks everyone and goes to the state championship game, against someone from east or middle TN, I would pull for them. But, it they played Liberty, Bolivar, Haywood, or Mitchell I would probably not be pulling for them. And the only reason is that those teams don't say that they are going to slaughter the other team or boast in a way that tears the other team down. Notice when Liberty beat Haywood, Liberty fans and Haywood fans both just said it was a good game, and it will be a good game next time. Congrats Liberty and move on. Liberty fans didn't tell catfish and others that doubted them. Told you so, told you so, you guys are all ignorant and stupid. Now show us respect. Which that is something the samurai will say if Lexington beats anyone of those teams. Instead of demanding respect. Play the game, earn it, and let OTHERS give it to you.

For any one interested, our TN teams represented. The Arlington team they played Bolivar was unbelieveably athletic. Willie and Wayne played with tremendous heart against a team much bigger and more athletic. By the way no one stayed to see Mitchell. Thad was probably the second best player there. There was a kid going to to Duke that sccored 36 against Ridgway. and just dominated the game. By the way big ups to Nick Walls pg for Ridgway thought he was there best player on sat.

Well said brother I am a Bolivar fan and if we dont 3-peat I am pulling for Liberty

im right there with you man, if we cant do it i wanna see Liberty take home the gold ball...or even Lexington since we are all in the same district now so lets just stop all this hatin. back to the game though, Bolivar started out slow and Willie alone brought us back at the end and we was just a couple of inches away from beating the 10th best team in the country. no excuses though, i was happy with the game we played. Wayne sprained is ankle bad in the first quarter and still played through it and put up 25 points and 8 boards while COMPLETELY shuting down the 7'3 dude thats ranked in the top 25 in the country. Willie scored 7 points in 31 seconds at the end of the game to give us a shot to win and we just fell one shot short. i think he finished with 20 points, 6 boards, 5 assists, and 3 steals. Jeremy Rhodes had about 10 but he fouled out in the 4th quarter and that hurt us some down the stretch. great game none the less. congrats to Lexington on their win too.

by the way, we are still the AA king of TN until proven otherwise so deal with it haters.

im right there with you man, if we cant do it i wanna see Liberty take home the gold ball...or even Lexington since we are all in the same district now so lets just stop all this hatin. back to the game though, Bolivar started out slow and Willie alone brought us back at the end and we was just a couple of inches away from beating the 10th best team in the country. no excuses though, i was happy with the game we played. Wayne sprained is ankle bad in the first quarter and still played through it and put up 25 points and 8 boards while COMPLETELY shuting down the 7'3 dude thats ranked in the top 25 in the country. Willie scored 7 points in 31 seconds at the end of the game to give us a shot to win and we just fell one shot short. i think he finished with 20 points, 6 boards, 5 assists, and 3 steals. Jeremy Rhodes had about 10 but he fouled out in the 4th quarter and that hurt us some down the stretch. great game none the less. congrats to Lexington on their win too.

by the way, we are still the AA king of TN until proven otherwise so deal with it haters.

Dont judge the Lexington prgram by the few people that get on here and talk out the side of thier mouths. They are either young uneducated fans or 1 of the many wealthy boosters that line the vistors side wall during home games. Either way they dont have a realistic grasp on the game. Most of the realists in Lexington know the business. Bolivar got beat by ACD in a close game, they are one of the best teams in the country while Bolivar is one of the best tems in the state. Liberty and Lexington are close in this district. I think they might split a game if Lexington plays good ball. Bolivar, however will go undefaeted in the district. Chism and Kemp played agianst top level talent all summer long, I think they might be ready to handle this district.

Hackashaq, you want to know why I think Lexington is overrated? There is an extremely dark side to Lexington atheletics. Dont get me wrong, Tim is doing a great job, but the last time a coach put his best five in the floor (Sammy Fisher a few years ago) he got death threats from a school board member. Its been like that since I was there and it'll never change.

Tiger fans we need to stop the trash talk, the other district in this region already downs us enough, we need to stick together in this district, and sweep the region tournament. Hate it or love it, the gold basketball goes through 12AA. Bolivar and Hunbodlt made it to state last year, Liberty/Lexington has a shot this year.

'Svebakken'

Apparently you are another self declared expert on the game. As for starting something, I think your need to read the threads throughout coacht – Lexington gets a constant berating about being an overrated and distant third to magnificent Liberty and Bolivar. You are being indirectly polite, but directly impolite by saying the same junk – Lexington is third (oh I can hear it a distant third and they will be lucky to be even in the game against Liberty) and then saying that the EXPERTS that really know the game have Lexington correctly ranked third. Well if that is so, why don't they just start the state championship games and forget all these nonsense games we have to play in the district. Why don’t you wait and see maybe??? I find it interesting that you say that Lexington should have won their tournament game easily, but they only won by 1 point – ummmm??? That is my feeling about Lexington also that they should win and win big in many games, but like in the past – we play teams like McNairy and basically wipe them out at the beginning of the season only to find out that at the end of the season we can barely beat them!!! As for trying to start something – I’d rather go in with little kick about me – you know like Bolivar does when they come in our gym – no matter how crowded it is, they make sure they run around the court right in front of everyone – strutting their stuff – I get it, and so does Gardner – it the fear factor. Well I ain’t trying to start anything, but frankly we need to come out on the court and I don’t care if the gym is packed to the GILLS we need to run the court right in front of them also. We need to come out playing that super aggressive hard nosed defense off the front end, where the refs don’t call it because they say “oh that is just the way the game is playedâ€. Tempo and intimidation is part of the game and that sly old dawg Rudesill knows it. By sending his team around the gym when it is packed (in other words his athletes run right through the middle of ours while we are warming up), it is like sending a subtle message to the opponent – look at this stuff and we are about to be all over you. Next thing you know you are on the court with them and they are all over you. I hear you now – why doesn’t Lexington just go ahead and take its medicine – lay down and get beat. I know you might not believe this, because most of horses have been put in the stall and not trained while one gets all the spot light, but we do have a good team with good athletes and if they are trained and motivated properly we will be able to compete at the higher levels (why do you think Bolivar competes at the higher levels year in and out – they don’t just grow athletes in Bolivar alone (if they do, tell us where to get the plants) - one answer and that is Rudesill – it should be against the law for one guy to take both girls and boys to the state playoffs. My hope is that we are revved up and read to set the pace of the game immediately – we need to send a message of strength, not begging for a win. Willie and Wayne are good players – but you know sometimes they don’t just impress me as being what they think they are "super stars", they have weaknesses and Gardner should figure it out. I think Gardner would do well to tap Leasure's thinking about how to play aggressive ball.

Baseballa28 - I find your comments interesting. It seems you have to constantly tell everyone that you are from Liberty , ummmm???? Are you really, really sure you are from Liberty???? Are you that snake oil sales man I met last week????????

BigWebb - What are you going to do if it is Lexington? You sure didn't mention them in the same breath. We are underdogs and I kind of like that. Go ahead, have your fun. But when we come out and surprize you, I am going to have a field day with the whole group of you!!!

If you know Bolivar that well this was an entry back when I was in high school grad of "89. . As well as when North, And ever Wilson was coaching. You have your opinion about what you see. But if you scared say you scared don't bet around the bush about it. Bolivar is real regardless of what you think about them so just get ready for the what we bring to Lexington

Dont judge the Lexington prgram by the few people that get on here and talk out the side of thier mouths. They are either young uneducated fans or 1 of the many wealthy boosters that line the vistors side wall during home games. Either way they dont have a realistic grasp on the game. Most of the realists in Lexington know the business. Bolivar got beat by ACD in a close game, they are one of the best teams in the country while Bolivar is one of the best tems in the state. Liberty and Lexington are close in this district. I think they might split a game if Lexington plays good ball. Bolivar, however will go undefaeted in the district. Chism and Kemp played agianst top level talent all summer long, I think they might be ready to handle this district.

Hackashaq, you want to know why I think Lexington is overrated? There is an extremely dark side to Lexington atheletics. Dont get me wrong, Tim is doing a great job, but the last time a coach put his best five in the floor (Sammy Fisher a few years ago) he got death threats from a school board member. Its been like that since I was there and it'll never change.

Tiger fans we need to stop the trash talk, the other district in this region already downs us enough, we need to stick together in this district, and sweep the region tournament. Hate it or love it, the gold basketball goes through 12AA. Bolivar and Hunbodlt made it to state last year, Liberty/Lexington has a shot this year.

If you read most of the post most of the hate mail is coming from others that don't like Bol. I am one to admit I'm going to defend the Bol. Tigers to anyone that has something to say negative about them. But at the same time you make a good point we need to get right andcome as one as region12AA

bizzieb

Again, saying we are scared - you are talking smack!!!! Read what I said. Ounce for ounce our players can play just as agressive and tough as Bolivar. As for coaches, you have had some good ones - but Rudesill in my opinion is the best. Again, you don't just grow good athletes in your area. It is a mind set that has been developed there and established. I'll give you one good example. Wille Tyson left South Side and they are history. I could be wrong, but they are playing on the level of about McNairy now. Willie had it too. He had the ability to get into the players minds and the ability to put the pieces of the puzzle together and make it work. The last year they played y'all when he was there, now that was some of the best ball I have seen in a long time. Other good examples, look at coach K, he was out one year because of back problems, Duke fell apart that year. Why because it takes a good coach to make a program play at a different level. You have been lucky to have coaches building a good program. Rudesill is just taking it to the next level. I pull for y'all if you go to the state, but during the district - I want us to come out run right over you. I know that is probably the most distant thing from your mind because your are riding your #1 pride pony right now around the basketball court - we'll see come game time. Maybe the so called little general and his daddy are tired of riding in the back seat and ready to make a statement.

montague you say dark side politics that causes Gardner problems – I don’t think so – there are certain rules and the parents have to abide by them or they could be in jail - Gardner knows this and so do the parents. Gardner’s problem is he has to get out of his selfish ambition for Mack and see the whole picture. Once he does, then the door will open up and he will truly be a happier coach. You talk about the Gardner fans lined up on the wall – that is funny. I notice he plays on that during the game looking over and talking to them. If you look closely there are a group of fans that sit directly across from Gardner that come to see the Tigers when they are winning and losing. To me, they are the real fans. Sadly, some of the best athletes have come out of that group and they are stepped on in this selfish ambition game. But hey when you are spanking the teams that are weak, you rule!!! Now that is dark side politics to me!

baseballa - are you still sure you are a Liberty fan?? I am betting you are closet fan - heck - maybe even a closet coach??????????

bizzieb

Again, saying we are scared - you are talking smack!!!! Read what I said. Ounce for ounce our players can play just as agressive and tough as Bolivar. As for coaches, you have had some good ones - but Rudesill in my opinion is the best. Again, you don't just grow good athletes in your area. It is a mind set that has been developed there and established. I'll give you one good example. Wille Tyson left South Side and they are history. I could be wrong, but they are playing on the level of about McNairy now. Willie had it too. He had the ability to get into the players minds and the ability to put the pieces of the puzzle together and make it work. The last year they played y'all when he was there, now that was some of the best ball I have seen in a long time. Other good examples, look at coach K, he was out one year because of back problems, Duke fell apart that year. Why because it takes a good coach to make a program play at a different level. You have been lucky to have coaches building a good program. Rudesill is just taking it to the next level. I pull for y'all if you go to the state, but during the district - I want us to come out run right over you. I know that is probably the most distant thing from your mind because your are riding your #1 pride pony right now around the basketball court - we'll see come game time. Maybe the so called little general and his daddy are tired of riding in the back seat and ready to make a statement.

montague you say dark side politics that causes Gardner problems – I don’t think so – there are certain rules and the parents have to abide by them or they could be in jail - Gardner knows this and so do the parents. Gardner’s problem is he has to get out of his selfish ambition for Mack and see the whole picture. Once he does, then the door will open up and he will truly be a happier coach. You talk about the Gardner fans lined up on the wall – that is funny. I notice he plays on that during the game looking over and talking to them. If you look closely there are a group of fans that sit directly across from Gardner that come to see the Tigers when they are winning and losing. To me, they are the real fans. Sadly, some of the best athletes have come out of that group and they are stepped on in this selfish ambition game. But hey when you are spanking the teams that are weak, you rule!!! Now that is dark side politics to me!

baseballa - are you still sure you are a Liberty fan?? I am betting you are closet fan - heck - maybe even a closet coach??????????