who will stop catholic?

thecorner13

• 2 weeks later...

Watch for Webb they are a very underrated team. Why is Roach not playing this year? He could put them over the top of Catholic, although I am a Catholic fan and Parton is the man.

Ahh yes Webb and their selective scheduling. They play AAA schools when they are having a down year and then brag about winning. I'll give them their credit they played Austin-East pretty good and A-E should never be in rebuilding mode with the talent they have. Webb and KCHS should be a good game considering Webb hasn't beaten Catholic in basketball since Luke Day was head coach (2002-03).

Ahh yes Webb and their selective scheduling. They play AAA schools when they are having a down year and then brag about winning. I'll give them their credit they played Austin-East pretty good and A-E should never be in rebuilding mode with the talent they have. Webb and KCHS should be a good game considering Webb hasn't beaten Catholic in basketball since Luke Day was head coach (2002-03).

Not true.... Webb won the first game vs. catholic with daniels as the coach...but they havent won since then...and I dont know how you can knock on Webb's scheduling, Catholic usually plays monterey and other weak teams like that... Webb has a tough schedule (Bearden, Powell, Fulton, Farragut, AE, Greenville twice) and add West they are much better than their record would show... And definately dont know who at Webb is bragging about winning those because there is definately an understanding that nothing has been accomplished yet

Not true.... Webb won the first game vs. catholic with daniels as the coach...but they havent won since then...and I dont know how you can knock on Webb's scheduling, Catholic usually plays monterey and other weak teams like that... Webb has a tough schedule (Bearden, Powell, Fulton, Farragut, AE, Greenville twice) and add West they are much better than their record would show... And definately dont know who at Webb is bragging about winning those because there is definately an understanding that nothing has been accomplished yet

I don't think so, KCHS plays (and has played) teams such as Farragut, Powell, Brentwood Academy, Corbin Ky, Clay Co. Ky, Sullivan Central, Alcoa, Seymour, Central, West, Ezell-Harding, Unaka, as well as having been to back to back state tournaments and winning back to back Division II East regular season championships. When Catholic played Monterey it was because they played in the Pilot Tournament and wanted a home game with KCHS. That same year Webb played Harriman, The Webb School of Bell Buckle and Wartburg or somebody like that, so think about what you are saying before writing. Fulton, while talented, is young, Greeneville is rebuilding, Bearden, Powell and A-E are excellent nonconference matchups. KCHS plays Powell on Friday and has beaten Farragut on the road. By the way, you were right about Coach Daniels beating KCHS in his first matchup with them, 0-9 since.

I don't think so, KCHS plays (and has played) teams such as Farragut, Powell, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, Corbin Ky, Clay Co. Ky, Sullivan Central, Alcoa, Seymour, Central, West, Ezell-Harding, Unaka, as well as having been to back to back state tournaments and winning back to back Division II East regular season championships. When Catholic played Monterey it was because they played in the Pilot Tournament and wanted a home game with KCHS. That same year Webb played Harriman, The Webb School of Bell Buckle and Wartburg or somebody like that, so think about what you are saying before writing. Fulton, while talented, is young, Greeneville is rebuilding, Bearden, Powell and A-E are excellent nonconference matchups. KCHS plays Powell on Friday and has beaten Farragut on the road. By the way, you were right about Coach Daniels beating KCHS in his first matchup with them, 0-9 since.

0-6 since, but the point is that Webb hasnt won since then... Catholic shouldnt have much trouble in their district and I dont really see them losing. Catholic is still searching for an identity. With Connor and Thames(who was underrated in his importance to the team last year) gone people are having to fill roles that they usually arent in. Parton is a true point guard and his main job has been to distribute. He can score but when someone box and ones him like CAK, then someone else will have to step up. Brown is an excellent defender and rebounder, but he has never really been a scorer, same with Harrison Smith. The sophomore,Walden i think is his name has shown sign of being able to score, but they need it on a more consistent basis. Catholic will only get better as the year goes on... Webb is a senior heavy team with experience and they play well together and have beaten some pretty good teams handily...

Both teams are different in comparison to their last year's teams... Scheduling and history in the rivalry games have nothing to do with how the outcome could be this year. I would not sleep on the Spartans, besides friday, their next few games could show what kind of team they could be and whether or not they can beat Catholic this year.

0-6 since, but the point is that Webb hasnt won since then... Catholic shouldnt have much trouble in their district and I dont really see them losing. Catholic is still searching for an identity. With Connor and Thames(who was underrated in his importance to the team last year) gone people are having to fill roles that they usually arent in. Parton is a true point guard and his main job has been to distribute. He can score but when someone box and ones him like CAK, then someone else will have to step up. Brown is an excellent defender and rebounder, but he has never really been a scorer, same with Harrison Smith. The sophomore,Walden i think is his name has shown sign of being able to score, but they need it on a more consistent basis. Catholic will only get better as the year goes on... Webb is a senior heavy team with experience and they play well together and have beaten some pretty good teams handily...

Both teams are different in comparison to their last year's teams... Scheduling and history in the rivalry games have nothing to do with how the outcome could be this year. I would not sleep on the Spartans, besides friday, their next few games could show what kind of team they could be and whether or not they can beat Catholic this year.

I agree with you about Thames, he was a good defender and finished on the break, he will be missed. Walden has shown flashes with his scoring ability and Matt Crawford has potential. They do get after people on the defensive end. The Webb, Catholic game should be a good one. It always is

Edited by ScottA11

By the way it is 0-9since that first win.

if it was 0-9 then that would have meant that Webb played Catholic 10 times in three years...

02-03-Webb wins first one loses second one and gets put out by ND in the playoffs

03-04- Lost twice in regular season, then in the playoffs

04-05- Lost two close ones regular season, then lost to Baylor by two in the playoffs

So its six, but it feels like 9