Mt. Juliet head coach

Sweep Left

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regard to the Mt. Juliet football job -- Look for an announcement of some kind before noon on Friday. Principal Mel Brown and AD Tim Bell have kept this process very quiet. I know former Jackson Central Merry coach Jim Hardegree (now an assistant at USJ) has interviewed as well as Roger Perry.

In regard to the Mt. Juliet football job -- Look for an announcement of some kind before noon on Friday. Principal Mel Brown and AD Tim Bell have kept this process very quiet. I know former Jackson Central Merry coach Jim Hardegree (now an assistant at USJ) has interviewed as well as Roger Perry.

:P Rumor has it, that it is an inside job. It could be somebody already in the building. I hate to say bookit just yet. However there could be a big surprise coming out of Mt. Juliet former assistant could be in line for the job. This person was not on the recent staff.

Fryer played in the offensive line at Mt. Juliet under Howell Flatt; was an assistant at Lebanon High under Medley for a year before going back to MJ. He ran the defense under Mantooth I believe, coached the ninth graders for a year or two and remember when Winfree and his staff was involved in that van wreck? Fryer jumped back in for a few weeks until that bunch got healthy. He's always stayed very close to the game.

Do I think he could pull it off -- YEP!. Yes he is the girls basketball coach. As to why he'd want the job -- that's his school, he wore that black helmet. With the lack of teaching slots available (Crawford is still in the building) Fryer is certainly capable of holding the staff together for a year or two. He coaches basketball like it's football anyway. If he gets that job, they'll get physical or get gone.

Edited by Eddie

Fryer played in the offensive line at Mt. Juliet under Howell Flatt; was an assistant at Lebanon High under Medley for a year before going back to MJ. He ran the defense under Mantooth I believe and remember when Winfree and his staff was involved in that van wreck? Fryer jumped back in for a few weeks. He's stayed close to the game. I think he could pull it off.

WOW... I had absolutely no clue. The guy def should be a candidate held in high esteem. He has already proven with the girls that he has the right mindset to reach the upper pinnacles. Did he actually apply, eddie?

I don't think he officially applied, but if this comes down -- he's certainly the SAFE pick, taking one for the team so to speak. Crawford teaches in the English Dept. so no help there and all the PE jobs are already full with coaches. I'm anxious to see what happens tomorrow.

You will make sure to give us the scoop when it goes down, right?

I didn't mean to start a frenzy over this story so let me say this.

IF and that's a BIG IF, Chris Fryer were to take the MJ job, he'd do fine. I believe the school will do the best they can to bring in a football coach -- my information on Fryer was meant to be a response to a legit question posed by 2priceless.

I hope I haven't sent this thing spiraling off in some wild direction. I will do my best to let you guys know what, if anything, happens on this job Friday.

Peace & Merry Christmas.