Great Job Stevens and staff

bombsaway

You people are PATHETIC. The same people who were giving me a load of crap are on this thread doing much worse. I think the coaches did a great job this season. They weren't perfect by any means which is to be expected of staff that is working together for the first time. I can say that I've enjoyed watching this team play more than alot of the past teams. It defenately beat watching a wing T offense.

Whoever the wetard is who said we would have won the game if coach Gray was here needs to go to Beardens games next year instead of Oak Ridge. If you people only new.

I must admit my first reaction was don't even bother with a reply to this post, but, as I've sat here and chuckled everytime I have read it, my lack of judgement, has persuaded me to respond. Nick, I'm sorry, but as long as you are determined to use Nick Orlando as your screen name, you have alienated just about everyone who knew the man, regardless of your point of view. I don't think you should use someone else's real name, unless that is your name, and since coach has passed, that seems unlikely. Also if you are going to start your post calling people "PATHETIC", proof read your post before you post, or edit after, if your going to call someone a name "retard" get it right, not wetard!! Don't take this as harsh crticism, just some advise, I know without spellcheck I would be lost, and still post with errors in my grammer, english was not my favorite subject. :P:P:thumb:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat,

I agree...reading Nick's post gave me a big laugh also. I hope he didn't graduate from ORHS with those english skills. LOL

Anyway, looking forward to spring practice.

Ole Dad

I must admit my first reaction was don't even bother with a reply to this post, but, as I've sat here and chuckled everytime I have read it, my lack of judgement, has persuaded me to respond. Nick, I'm sorry, but as long as you are determined to use Nick Orlando as your screen name, you have alienated just about everyone who knew the man, regardless of your point of view. I don't think you should use someone else's real name, unless that is your name, and since coach has passed, that seems unlikely. Also if you are going to start your post calling people "PATHETIC", proof read your post before you post, or edit after, if your going to call someone a name "retard" get it right, not wetard!! Don't take this as harsh crticism, just some advise, I know without spellcheck I would be lost, and still post with errors in my grammer, english was not my favorite subject. :D:D:P

We all can agree and disagree about a lot of things, but this was a great season for the cats, that just didn't end the way we all wanted it to. Although we may not see things the same way on these post, I think that all Oak Ridge fans want the program to be successful.

This program is not what it used to be, 1 state championship and 1 runner-up, since the great team of 79-80, isn't exactly what I would call dominant. We expect more and hopefully this year is just a taste of what's to come. There is a lot of pride in both the players and fans, that's what makes this program special.

I know how to solve the whole problem of losing to Ravenwood. Let's blame it on Lussier and Gray. Every other year it was their fault..... so it only stands to reason it must be their fault this year too. You wish!

Bounder there is no way you can blame it on Lussier and Gray because they never made this far, and never will. Could not even beat Riverdale in how many trys? This first year staff beat them the first time out,did not win the big one but at least they got to play for it the first time out. I like what the future holds for this staff. Another thing Bounder, Nick O may not be the best speller in the world but at least he seems to know a little football unlike some others on here like catback and he seems to enjoy it, keep it in perspective and not make it life or death like some do.

I must admit my first reaction was don't even bother with a reply to this post, but, as I've sat here and chuckled everytime I have read it, my lack of judgement, has persuaded me to respond. Nick, I'm sorry, but as long as you are determined to use Nick Orlando as your screen name, you have alienated just about everyone who knew the man, regardless of your point of view. I don't think you should use someone else's real name, unless that is your name, and since coach has passed, that seems unlikely. Also if you are going to start your post calling people "PATHETIC", proof read your post before you post, or edit after, if your going to call someone a name "retard" get it right, not wetard!! Don't take this as harsh crticism, just some advise, I know without spellcheck I would be lost, and still post with errors in my grammer, english was not my favorite subject. :thumb::):)

I can't verify the identity of the person behind the screen name but I do know Nick "Nicky" Orlando, Jr. He used to date my sister back in the 70s.

I also enjoyed watching this team more than others in the recent past. The biggest difference I notcied was the discipline. A marked decrease in mental mistakes and show-boating produced far fewer penalties. I've heard many times of coach Paul Brewster telling people to act like they had been in the end zone before. That seems to be a theme repeated this year.

I also liked the sportsmanship displayed. The players retrieving overthrown balls for the refs, helping-up the oposing players, the handshakes after the games. The only sticky situation this year was Riverdale lining up on the 50 before the game and seeing if OR would back down. A little 'jawing was all that came of it, so I guess that was OK.

I'm not going to comment on previous coaches because I don't know them or for what part of the program they were responsible. I just know that I like some of the changes I saw this year and I'll be back in the stands next year.

I'm as sorry as anybody else that we didn't win last saturday night. Sure hurts don't it!! We did get beaten so let's all stop hitting on each other and pull together and go after it all next year. It's lots of fun to bad mouth each other but it's time to stop all of that and work together and try to do something to help the program.

I don’t mean to butt in but I would like to say something. You have got to be extremely proud of Oak Ridge Wildcats did this year. The support shown for the school at MTSU was none better by any high school. The sportsmanship shown on and off the field by the players, coaches, and fans was recognized alike by Ravenwood as the model, how people should conduct themselves during and after these games. TSSAA official had complemented both teams on the sportsmanship shown by everyone after this game.

For Oak Ridge to loose in the Championship game couldn’t have been a pleasant experience. The wild ride of getting through all the games from the start of the season to the Championship had to bring a lot of pleasurable experience and memories that won’t soon be forgotten. What is sad is the blaming afterwards. This shouldn’t exist. Congratulation should be for the coaches, players, and the parents of the young men regardless of the outcome. Why? They did their best and left it on the field of play. That is all you can ask.

Congratulations on a great season. Oak Ridge Wildcats are definitely winners in my book. :ph34r:

I don’t mean to butt in but I would like to say something. You have got to be extremely proud of Oak Ridge Wildcats did this year. The support shown for the school at MTSU was none better by any high school. The sportsmanship shown on and off the field by the players, coaches, and fans was recognized alike by Ravenwood as the model, how people should conduct themselves during and after these games. TSSAA official had complemented both teams on the sportsmanship shown by everyone after this game.

For Oak Ridge to loose in the Championship game couldn’t have been a pleasant experience. The wild ride of getting through all the games from the start of the season to the Championship had to bring a lot of pleasurable experience and memories that won’t soon be forgotten. What is sad is the blaming afterwards. This shouldn’t exist. Congratulation should be for the coaches, players, and the parents of the young men regardless of the outcome. Why? They did their best and left it on the field of play. That is all you can ask.

Congratulations on a great season. Oak Ridge Wildcats are definitely winners in my book. :thumb:

This hits the nail on the head!!

I'm as sorry as anybody else that we didn't win last saturday night. Sure hurts don't it!! We did get beaten so let's all stop hitting on each other and pull together and go after it all next year. It's lots of fun to bad mouth each other but it's time to stop all of that and work together and try to do something to help the program.

I think that is what I just said.

I think that is what I just said.

As a Wildcat fan and a Ravenwood fan....this thread bothers me....everyone that has seen both teams will tell you the same thing...it wasn't coaching or effort....as hard as it may be to imagine...the Raptors were just a better team...they were bigger...stronger..and faster .....and more talented. If they played again tomorrow...the result would be the same.

Sorry guys....they really were just a better team.