van buren vs marion

boom4829

i don't know if i can count that high. exactly how many wins has marion won, its hard to count ain't it.

bledsoetheboys i think that moose just understood and took that the wrong way.

I figured that......I wasn't trying to blame that on why Bledsoe lost.....Bledsoe lost because of foul trouble and they couldn't make there shots.....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats easy 1.

How many teams has Marion played with a losing record? 1

How many teams has Van Burean played with a winning record? maybe 2 and I think they are 1 & 1

Don't judge the book by the cover, Marion has played a tough schedule to this point and are better than their record.

ya but if you can beat a good team or only lose by 1 or2 than ur a good team. marion county has not come close to even winning

Thu Nov. 17 at St. Andrew's - Sewanee L 39-48

Tue Nov. 22 Howard D L 26-72

Mon Nov. 28 at Gordon Lee L 32-56

Tue Nov. 29 at Chattanooga Christian D L 27-45

Thu Dec. 1 Notre Dame D L 33-60

Fri Dec. 2 Whitwell W 82-57

wow look at those winning scores. and i bet ya are proud that ya beat whitwell considering that their rated last place in everything. now look don't this record look a little better. and our games ain't exactly blow overs either we just play good and together.

Lookout Valley W 60-41

Fri Nov. 18 at Hermitage Springs W 58-47

Mon Nov. 21 at Clay County L 52-57

Tue Nov. 22 Bledsoe Co. W 48-45

Mon Nov. 28 Monterey W 83-46

Fri Dec. 2 Middle Tenn. Christian D W 53-36

Thu Nov. 17 at St. Andrew's - Sewanee L 39-48

Tue Nov. 22 Howard D L 26-72

Mon Nov. 28 at Gordon Lee L 32-56

Tue Nov. 29 at Chattanooga Christian D L 27-45

Thu Dec. 1 Notre Dame D L 33-60

Fri Dec. 2 Whitwell W 82-57

wow look at those winning scores. and i bet ya are proud that ya beat whitwell considering that their rated last place in everything. now look don't this record look a little better. and our games ain't exactly blow overs either we just play good and together.

Lookout Valley W 60-41

Fri Nov. 18 at Hermitage Springs W 58-47

Mon Nov. 21 at Clay County L 52-57

Tue Nov. 22 Bledsoe Co. W 48-45

Mon Nov. 28 Monterey W 83-46

Fri Dec. 2 Middle Tenn. Christian D W 53-36

Unless you have played common opponents, you cannot compare schedules. Marion County's losses have come to AA opponents with a combined record of 9 -5, while VB's impressive wins have been against single A teams (and Bledsoe, AA) with a combined record of 11 - 11. Also, on Coach T, the average Strenght ranking for Marions opponents (in losses) is 35 while VB opponents (in wins) is 49. The Sewanee loss for Marion does not count because it was a HOF game. Gordon Lee (from GA) is a single A team with a record of 3 - 1 and went 18 - 11 last year.

So you see, you can spin the schedule/record thing any way that you want to so that it makes your team look better. The bottom line is that we wont know who is the better team until the final buzzer tonight. I'm looking forward to this game. I think that it will be the closest game that we will have played this year, win or lose. I hope that all of VB fans and teams have a safe trip down and I hope that there is a good crowd on hand to watch, what I think, will be an exciting game.

Good luck to both teams.

OK. To recap my keys to the game for Marion County.

1. reduce the number of "stupid" fouls,

We still had too many unnecessary fouls that led to too many VB points from the freethrow line. Playing out of position caused us to have to foul to try to keep VB from getting the easy score. VB did a good job knocking down the freebies.

2. eliminate turnovers (were averaging 20+ per game prior to Whitwell game),

Once again we looked like our old selves with a ton of turnovers. Some of these were because of VB's play, but most was because our guards dribbled themselves into trouble.

3. crash the boards (were averaging more turnovers than rebounds prior to Whitwell),

We did a decent job on the boards, especially given VB's size. Still needs improvement but still heading in the right direction.

4. recognize our strenghts and weaknesses as a team and play within our limitations.

We didn't play our game tonight.

Van Buren came ready to play tonight and for the most part, they played a pretty solid game. They used their size advantage to pound the ball inside and also fight for the boards. Marion struggled to get anything going on offense. We looked good at times but it came in spurts and left as quickly as it came.

Congratulations to VB. Good luck in the rest of the season, except for the two additional times that we face you.

I agree CoachB, there is a kid that lives close to Spencer that goes to White Co. i'm sure you know who he is. If VanBuren had him they would be a LOCK for the state tournament! Thats all they are missing. :thumb:

Yea he's a good kid & basketball player. He would fit about perfectly with VB, but I'm sure he is doing well in White Co. Over the break I heard he played AAU ball with the VB boys & they did well. Its amazing the difference a true point guard can make on the game. Still our guys are working hard & have done good so far at limiting tournovers.

After reading a lot of the comments on this post I will only use facts. Van Buren won by 21. Van Buren's record 6 - 1. Strength rank - 7th. Schedule rank - 49th.

Four wins against single A teams. Two wins against AA teams. One loss against single A team (Clay Co.) No excuses for the loss. Next up, Forrest, a very good single A team. The team consist of players that want to play for Van Buren County.

That's just the way it is. Have a good day.

After reading a lot of the comments on this post I will only use facts. Van Buren won by 21. Van Buren's record 6 - 1. Strength rank - 7th. Schedule rank - 49th.

Four wins against single A teams. Two wins against AA teams. One loss against single A team (Clay Co.) No excuses for the loss. Next up, Forrest, a very good single A team. The team consist of players that want to play for Van Buren County.

That's just the way it is. Have a good day.

Congrats to VB for their win over Marion. Our Marion County team just came up a little "short" last night; VB simply "out talled" us all night long. Their defensive pressure was effective throughout the game; hard to get three point shots to fall with a hand in your face. Keep hustling Warriors, you're getting better each week. Good luck against Bledsoe in your next game, wherever it's played.

Congrats to VB for their win over Marion. Our Marion County team just came up a little "short" last night; VB simply "out talled" us all night long. Their defensive pressure was effective throughout the game; hard to get three point shots to fall with a hand in your face. Keep hustling Warriors, you're getting better each week. Good luck against Bledsoe in your next game, wherever it's played.

Thanks for the comments but how can you say that vb just simply out talled us. when the guards were the leading scorers. and one of the tallest post was in foul trouble. I think vb just out hustled and wanted it more than marion.